Final Fantasy 16

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I like and respect you for it. RE4R is so good though, that I can't pass it up. I haven't played the Dead Space remake yet, as I don't have a PS5 yet. My older brother plans on getting me one for my birthday next month.

RE4R does have a little bit more emphasis on horror, but it is still an action game. It becomes less scary by the second or third playthrough. But that's usually what happens with most horror games.
You will like Dead Space I think. It's RE4 but in Space.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
If they killed the dog and then turned him into Fenrir, I think they'd be hearing from Sony's lawyers.
Nah Fenrir has been a FF sumon for over 20 years now.

fen.jpeg

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Nah Fenrir has been a FF sumon for over 20 years now.
I know that-- I'm talking about a specific chain of events involving a dog dying and then becoming Fenrir afterwards.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
I know that-- I'm talking about a specific chain of events involving a dog dying and then becoming Fenrir afterwards.
Rip, I think you may have spoilered me on something XD. Not played the new GoW yet (just got the ps5 that came with it which I expected to get so I held off on playing the ps4 ver).

On the other hand, I like how I am able to come up with plot lines that keep up with top level game story. Damn though, those sled dogs looked cute. I hope it's not one of them but some other third dog.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Rip, I think you may have spoilered me on something XD. Not played the new GoW yet (just got the ps5 that came with it which I expected to get so I held off on playing the ps4 ver).
It's not what you may think. You've not been spoiled.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I think you may have spoilered me on something XD. Not played the new GoW yet (just got the ps5 that came with it which I expected to get so I held off on playing the ps4 ver).
The PS4 version runs great, all things considered. The only advantage the PS5 version has obviously, is slightly faster loading times, 60fps, and some extra graphical detail. Otherwise, it looks and runs great on the PS4. I regret nothing, because I didn't have to pay 70 bucks for it.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
The PS4 version runs great, all things considered. The only advantage the PS5 version has obviously, is slightly faster loading times, 60fps, and some extra graphical detail. Otherwise, it looks and runs great on the PS4. I regret nothing, because I didn't have to pay 70 bucks for it.
Yeah I got it for free with my ps5 purchase (it was on sale on amazon so it cost the same as a ps5 without any extra games), otherwise I'd have gotten the ps4 ver and just upgraded it to ps5 cause of cross buy, I'm sure it'd run at least as good as the previous game which both ran and looked amazing.

It's not what you may think. You've not been spoiled.
Oh ok, yeah lets not talk about this any more. My plan for ragnarok is to play it after I beat ffxvi and trails into reverie and thinking about all this stuff now is too distracting. I guess this always happens when you get a new system though. Oh and don't get me started on the new persona 3 and the Metaphor, those are far away but I'm already hype.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
@CriticalGaming & @Dirty Hipsters...

[Mad Combo] Time...

Yeah, FF16's combat is looking pretty sick. It's the first Final Fantasy game in a long time that I'm actually really interested to play.

Apparently they're also so confident in the polish this game is getting they've already promised they won't need a day 1 patch...so that's something.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Apparently they're also so confident in the polish this game is getting they've already promised they won't need a day 1 patch...so that's something.
Ehm, I certainly hope that's not their belief and plan, cause the demo has no toggle to turn motion blur off, and frame rate keeps tanking in performance mode, especially bad in the first public area you start in where you're only in explory non-combat mode.

Old_Hunter_77

Elite Member
Dec 29, 2021
Country
United States
Man I wish I could play the demo now but schedule not permitting. I will for sure pick up next week or two when I get back from travels and wrap up my time with SF6 single player campaign. I just love that you save your progress from demo.
I haven't watched a lot of videos- mostly cause I just wanna come in fresh- but right now my only concern with 3D action games is shit flying around too fast crazy camera hijinks. I am genuinely terrified that games are going to take the wrong lessons from Elden Ring and God of War.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I haven't watched a lot of videos- mostly cause I just wanna come in fresh- but right now my only concern with 3D action games is shit flying around too fast crazy camera hijinks. I am genuinely terrified that games are going to take the wrong lessons from Elden Ring and God of War.
The camera takes more from DMC5, Bayonetta 2, and Panzer Dragoon (rail shooting sections) than anything Norse GoW or Elden Ring related. You have nothing to fear.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
Ehm, I certainly hope that's not their belief and plan, cause the demo has no toggle to turn motion blur off, and frame rate keeps tanking in performance mode, especially bad in the first public area you start in where you're only in explory non-combat mode.
The demo isn't gonna be the same as the release game. Usually demos are made from way older builds.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
It's close enough that your demo save will count towards the full game.
Sure but that doesn't mean they can't add a toggle in the options or something simple like that here and there.

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
Well the 12 minutes (13:03... yes I was runnning a stop timer because jokes) of gameplay in the first 90....

Nothing is really jumping out so far. Its still in the flashback tutorial but the first boss was just a sponge of HP and I can't even fall back on DMC and blame not knowing combos cause there's literally only one available at that point.

Maybe it'll pick up in the second half, or I have no idea what any of the hype is about.

EDIT : I should also add, the targetig is abysmal. Your dude will lock on for attacks even if you arne't locked on. The "lock on" doesn't actually center the camera (really, all it lets you do is strafe which is too slow and pointless with your infinite dodges). And there appears to be no way to manually cycle targets, nor does the lock on even keep you on the same target it will just randomly flip about on you.

(The story thus far is just a bunch of very stiff acting failing, with the VA's only intermittently managing to break though the blank dead faces to get a snippet of human emotion. And mostly the word salad of "here are names, and things with names, with the occasional reference that will only vaguely mean anything to series fans but not really because its ot a continuity")

Last edited:

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Well the 12 minutes (13:03... yes I was runnning a stop timer because jokes) of gameplay in the first 90....

Nothing is really jumping out so far. Its still in the flashback tutorial but the first boss was just a sponge of HP and I can't even fall back on DMC and blame not knowing combos cause there's literally only one available at that point.

Maybe it'll pick up in the second half, or I have no idea what any of the hype is about.

(The story thus far is just a bunch of very stiff acting failing, with the VA's only intermittently managing to break though the blank dead faces to get a snippet of human emotion. And mostly the word salad of "here are names, and things with names, with the occasional reference that will only vaguely mean anything to series fans but not really because its ot a continuity")
There is a separate boss fight in the main menu which let's you play with more shit equipped. Try that.