Funny events in anti-woke world

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I can't even tell if Mr crypto is being real. Either way, screw off Musk.

The inevitable can occasionally be something other than existential horror at least.

Yeah, almost surprised that this didn't end up with shootings.
Yeah, shame they didn't kill each other.

I find it funny how one of them cried about being divided, but they have no one to blame but themselves. They've been screwing each other over for a decade now. What do you think was going to happen? You were all going to join hands and sing kumbaya?

Last edited:
Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Is there a clearer way of identifying an honest-to-god purebred kunt, I ask you?

The U.K. Minister for Immigration, Robert Jenrick. Photo by Carl Court/Getty Images.
The U.K. Minister for Immigration, Robert Jenrick. Photo by Carl Court/Getty Images.

When U.K. immigration minister Robert Jenrick visited an asylum center in Kent, he allegedly took issue with the cheerful murals of cartoons characters in the reception area and ordered their removal.

Jenrick wanted it to be clear that this was a “law enforcement environment” and “not a welcome center,” the facility’s staff told I Newspaper.

“The Immigration Minister said pictures of cartoons and animals must be removed and that staff should make sure they are painted over, as they give an impression of welcoming, which Mr. Jenrick didn’t want to show,” Enver Solomon, the CEO of the Refugee Council, told I Newspaper.

The artwork, of course, is designed to make children—often arriving alone in a strange country after a harrowing journey—feel comfortable.

“All children receive a welfare interview on their arrival at accommodation, which includes questions designed to identify potential indicators of trafficking or safeguarding issues,” a Home Office spokesperson told the Independent, when asked about the experiences of child migrants.

The paintings at the Kent center include Disney characters Mickey and Minnie Mouse, and Tom and Jerry from Warner Bros.

“Staff had painted cartoons and animals to provide some comfort and reassurance for lone children who had made unimaginably difficult journeys in perilous conditions,” Yvette Cooper, the Shadow Home Secretary, told I Newspaper. “For the immigration minister to interfere like this is incomprehensible.”

Thus far, the center’s staff has refused to acquiesce to Jenrick’s “cruel” demand.

As of press time, the immigration minister had not responded to inquiries from Artnet News.

Migrants have been arriving in the U.K. in record numbers, with an all-time high of 11,000 Channel crossings in June. Since taking office in October, Prime Minister Rishi Sunak has made “stop the boats” one of his five key pledges, but the U.K.’s Border Force is now predicting as many as 55,000 monthly migrant arrivals, according to the National.

The ongoing migrant crisis has inspired a number of artists, including the famed street artist Banksy, who has financed a migrant rescue ship. Italian authorities detained the vessel, christened the MV Louise Michel, in March.

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
Is there a clearer way of identifying an honest-to-god purebred kunt, I ask you?
Ah, the Tories. No policies left except performative cruelty to immigrants and trying to undo the wreck of Brexit as quietly as they can.

In the latter case, they are currently looking at the UK rejoining the EU's Horizon research scheme - why the UK ever agreed to exit this was absurd, as it was one of the areas that the UK unquestionaably got plenty more from than it contributed to. Essentially, I think it got sort of left behind in the chaos of negotiating everything else, and Boris just decided to cut the cord. Secondly, ministers are now recognising the problems that the UK needs more workers from the EU, and basically want to allow reciprocal free movement for under-35s.

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
I find a funny how someone cry about being divided, but they have no one to blame but themselves.
It's because their idea of "unity" is "fall in line behind me, or die". And they're getting tired of smiling at each other while grinding their teeth- after all, "us" isn't "me".

I mean, those little brown kids might get the impression that they're not hated second-class subhumans, and we can't have that, now can we? They might want to stay, and marry my daughter!

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
It's because their idea of "unity" is "fall in line behind me, or die". And they're getting tired of smiling at each other while grinding their teeth- after all, "us" isn't "me".

I mean, those little brown kids might get the impression that they're not hated second-class subhumans, and we can't have that, now can we? They might want to stay, and marry my daughter!
How is it that the parasite aliens from Parasyte know more and have a better understanding of unity then a majority of real life Republicans and conservatives?

Absent

And twice is the only way to live.
Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland
How is it that the parasite aliens from Parasyte know more and have a better understanding of unity then a majority of real life Republicans and conservatives?
To be fair, I see the same kind of stuff on the left. And in Europe, conservatives unite easily from the center-right to the absolute extreme-right, while progressives squabble over details and egos. It quite often ends up with a conservative minority having the most powerful party and easily dominating a collection of small left-wing parties.

The "People's Front of Judea vs Judean People's Front" syndrome is very, very present on the left.

Reactions: Ag3ma and BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
To be fair, I see the same kind of stuff on the left. And in Europe, conservatives unite easily from the center-right to the absolute extreme-right, while progressives squabble over details and egos. It quite often ends up with a conservative minority having the most powerful party and easily dominating a collection of small left-wing parties.

The "People's Front of Judea vs Judean People's Front" syndrome is very, very present on the left.
I know the left have their petty squabbles as well, but at the end of of the day, a good amount of them at least try and actually accomplish something. I can't speak for European countries obviously, but Republicans are so used to fucking each other over in such a major way, that it makes almost all the other squabbles look pleasant or like a walk through the tulips by comparison. They will literally scorch the Earth just to get what they want and screw over the people who helped them get there, and fully 100% loyal to them.

Absent

Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland
I can't speak for European countries obviously, but Republicans are so used to fucking each other over in such a major way, that it makes almost all the other squabbles look pleasant or like a walk through the tulips by comparison.
In France (and to a lesser but still significant extent in Greece and Switzerland) it's the opposite. The left is way more embarrassing than the right, on that matter. With terrible consequences, as you can imagine.

In practice, there is simply no left wing, in France. It's so fragmented that presidential elections always end up opposing the right and the extreme-right. (It's a two-turns thing, where smaller parties, all the fragmented left, get erased from the competition on the second turn).

Reactions: BrawlMan

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Does anyone remember that whistleblower they had against the Biden's? He went missing and Guiliani said he died somehow....

https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdny/p...st-co-director-think-tank-acting-unregistered

So, apparently, that whistleblower might be THIS guy, who has been a rogue agent and targeted Trump to try and turn him

There was a very specific reason why the search for that whistleblower stopped, and this might be it

Absent

Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland
I hate when the dumbest people on the planet make me defend an evil corporation
Reminder. The very existence of LGBTIQ+ people "endangers children". That's the underlying belief, and all these actions are frog-boiling steps towards a final solution.

Which is more or less achieved in Uganda, Ghana, Kenya, etc...

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Does anyone remember that whistleblower they had against the Biden's? He went missing and Guiliani said he died somehow....

https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdny/p...st-co-director-think-tank-acting-unregistered

So, apparently, that whistleblower might be THIS guy, who has been a rogue agent and targeted Trump to try and turn him

There was a very specific reason why the search for that whistleblower stopped, and this might be it
GASP!
A GOP informant feeding them the exact information they want to garner clickbait headlines and political donations turns out to be a foreign spy acting to disrupt American politics?! That hasn't happened since the last time it happened when it came out one of the people on the Trump documents audio tape was a Chinese spy! And that was like 3 whole weeks ago!

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
No, Cochrane didn't say that. Cochrane published an article by a group of researchers who did a meta-analysis looking at mask-wearing and found it to be inconclusive.

Inasmuch as Cochrane did say anything, it would be the notable clarification they issued regarding this study to correct people like you making misleading claims: "It would be accurate to say that the review examined whether interventions to promote mask wearing help to slow the spread of respiratory viruses, and that the results were inconclusive."

Specifically, that the smeta-analysis published is stuck with the limitations of societal mask wearing. To be effective, mask wearing must be commonplace at a population level; and offers relatively little protection for lone individuals. (This was established theory long before covid.) Therefore, to carry out a meta-analysis of studies with low adherence will struggle to be able to address the effectiveness of masks.

Another way of thinking about it is that the more people like you and your EBM cult leaders attack mask usage and thus dissuade the public from using them, the more you ensure masks will not be useful and even make it harder for them to be evaluated in the manner you insist, thus creating a self-fulfilling prophecy. Which is bad public health policy and bad science.
"Wearing masks in the community probably makes little or no difference to the outcome of laboratory‐confirmed influenza/SARS‐CoV‐2 compared to not wearing masks."

Also, you can listen to the guy that did the report right here as well.

You do realize a N95 mask study was done among just healthcare workers and found no difference between between those and normal masks when we know full well that N95s are better than regular surgical masks. It just goes to show the period of time that they were forced to wear the masks for the study is very low risk of covid infection and I'm sure they took off masks for lunch and outside of work hours. People are not going to wear masks all the time and if you can't even find success for studies with just healthcare workers that will abide by wearing masks better than the general public, what chance do masks have to work in the general public? Also, Sweden did the best in all of Europe against covid and never had a mask mandate nor did people wear masks and you were actually looked at weird for wearing one. Where is any evidence that masks do anything against any respiratory disease ever?

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States

You know what, I'm gonna say it: Political Correctness is ruining the United States. The fact that we have to pretend these idiots have a legitimate political stance and aren't just an ontologically evil theocratic terrorist group is galling.

But hey, at least those kids can get a nice job at the meat-packing plant to support raising those kids, their innocence defended from having to know that gay people exist while they run their active shooter drills. I wonder if the middle school will provide day care centers