General Gaming News.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US
Starfield reviews are coming out. Most of them agree the game is huge and packed with contents, but they just don't seem to compliment each other. Beginning hours are rough, and it takes a very long time for the game to get enjoyable so I guess Todd/Pete made good on their words. The gun gameplay is really stale, especially considering past FO games had the VATS.

Bugs are there (big shocker!), but at least the game seems stable enough. Overall, the game is good enough for purchase on day 1, but don't expect anything mind-blowing

Personally, I think I'm just gonna wait until Steam Winter Sale

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Two back to back bad games will do that to you.
With that said, I really don't like Embracer Group. Because I'm already seeing history repeat itself. I'm seeing another EA or Activision right now. They better learn to read the fucking room next time, but I doubt it.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Gyrobot

Ask Revachol/Renegades of Woke
May 13, 2020
Two back to back bad games will do that to you.
I am glad Volition is dead if only to watch the tears of misogynistic and reactionary pigs watch the hopes of their outdated remaster die in front of them

Blessed be KonradLeijon!

With that said, I really don't like Embracer Group. Because I'm already seeing history repeat itself. I'm seeing another EA or Activision right now. They better learn to read the fucking room next time, but I doubt it.
It's good news imo not because of the company's death but because now the dream of a proper PC port is dead in the water. So the news is good for me, a pity about their failures but it's proven reactionary swine have no tastes and would rather just be parasites and destroyers

I have never been this happy since Takaki was forced into an obscure corner somewhere after he left Marvelous and the company erased all mention of Senran Kagura

Blessed be KonradLeijon

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
am glad Volition is dead if only to watch the tears of misogynistic and reactionary pigs watch the hopes of their outdated remaster die in front of them
And you are full of shit. Fair enough if you didn't like their games, but they did a care about the product they were making and each other to an extent. I didn't like all their games either, but I wouldn't wish something horrible on them.

It's good news imo not because of the company's death but because now the dream of a proper PC port is dead in the water. So the news is good for me, a pity about their failures but it's proven reactionary swine have no tastes and would rather just be parasites and destroyers

I have never been this happy since Takaki was forced into an obscure corner somewhere after he left Marvelous and the company erased all mention of Senran Kagura
You must be a really miserable person? You haven't learned a damn thing. You can be happy all you want, but you're not seeing the bigger picture. Embracer Group can and eill make the same mistakes, again and again, releasing these mediocre/bad products and then they kill the studio because they don't want to take the blame. Also, "killing" SK still doesn't stop the billions of other fan service games out there. I hope the misery boner was worth it for you.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Cobra!

I was not expecting a GI Joe brawler. Usually those games are twin stick shooters or third person shooters. If this many 80s and early 90s TV shows are getting brawler games, then they got to get to Street Sharks or Gargoyles next. Gargoyles I want to be next. Give us Keith David damn it!

Reactions: FakeSympathy

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland

Oh boy, I'm sure this will work EXACTLY as intended! /s
I "love" this whole "We can outsource important work to the AI and lay off our human staff and this will totally work out fine, we promise" thing some people are on.

I can't decide if it's greed or just being high on their own supply. Maybe both?

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Honestly, the "HD mode" in that trailer looked like a bad flash game.

I'm here for the pixels though.
It's the face. Needs more animation. Outside of the buttstomp it's just that creepy unblinking stare, and it doesn't have the benefit of abstraction that pixel art does.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
Embrace. Overextend. Extinguish. Not that Volitions chances would've been that much better with anyone else, having produced three flops in a row. Tho getting passed around from parents company to parent company probably didn't help. Least of all Embracer.
For dark humor, can’t help but think what if Embracer Group had three distinct divisions: one to buy up companies, one to milk them for all they’re worth, and one to dissolve them when they fuck the first two up.

Reactions: BrawlMan

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US

Hmm, I have to wonder if all the BL games will be worth playing for everyone? Because we all have different tastes in gaming, and all these games offer different mechanics or completely different gameplay like Tales