General Movies, Music, Web Show, and TV News Thread

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
It finally happun! They listened to my deepest darkest inner desires! Or outer, tho can't remember vocalising them.

Tho if accurate description, not much fond of the "so bad it's good" styles of comedy, film can easily be dumb movie emus with machine guns without sacrificing effort elsewhere: a sincere quality filter of a silly tongue-in-cheek premise provides more fertile ground for memorable humour than just "hah we're shit we know, look at how shit we are, lol!" On the other hand, Aussies give more hope of making it work. 🤞🍹

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
News to me.

Can something like Oppenheimer even be nominated for Best Picture, given the representation and inclusion standards set by the Academy for the 2024 Oscars & onwards?
Once again, the Oscars suck at their job. I'm all for proper representation and diversity, but they continue to fuck up. The Oscars never mattered to me any way.

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker2

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US

Well, guess they are keeping Amber Heard after all. Although I have a sneaking suspicion she won't the be only reason why this movie will bomb

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Well, guess they are keeping Amber Heard after all. Although I have a sneaking suspicion she won't the be only reason why this movie will bomb
My biggest gripe is why even announce a teaser trailer when the trailer is going to be out in 4 days? I am looking forward to seeing this movie, but I don't think it's going to be a disaster. Blue Bettle turned out good, even though I have no interest in it. Shazam 2 was just okay but was another movie in an overcrowded season.

And they have a very crazy charismatic frontman that will jump off buildings and mountains every few years for our amusement, so that’s a plus.
From last I checked, Tom Cruise doesn't seem to care much about scientology anymore. Then again, he learned at some point to keep his religious life separate from his work life.

Last edited:

Absent

And twice is the only way to live.
Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland
My biggest gripe is why even announce a teaser trailer when the trailer is going to be out in 4 days.
Also is this trailer's teaser a complete surprise or had it been announced first ?

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
Man if Aquaman is a bust I wonder where that puts WB.

I hate to be that one guy, but I wasn't a big fan of the first film. Its felt like a poorly paced CGI mess. Main thing I remember is spacing out around the middle when they were fighting Mantas goons in the city and then the battle at the end. Just one big noisy cgi smear.

Idk I might see it, but Im not sure I care. I think my vig problem with the first film is that there wasn't a compelling villain. I feel like Manta didn't get respected, especially.

Guess well see if the full trailer gives us anything juicy.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
I expect Aquaman 2 to be a CGI mess, and I'm completely fine with that honestly. I liked Aquaman 1, all the criticism about it was completely valid, but my expectations for anything Aquaman are as low as the ocean floor.

But from this teaser, I can't imagine how this is supposed to be the worst DC movie yet. It doesn't look amazing, but it at least looks vibrant and fun. Unlike Shazam 2, which looked just kinda grey and plasticky.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I expect Aquaman 2 to be a CGI mess, and I'm completely fine with that honestly. I liked Aquaman 1, all the criticism about it was completely valid, but my expectations for anything Aquaman are as low as the ocean floor.
The criticisms Aquaman had are mostly invalid in my book. The only thing I can complain about is the constant interruptions with explosions cliché. Otherwise, I find the movie colorful, vibrant, strong character writing between the heroes and villains (most DCEU movies gets right over Marvel), and many of the best action scenes in superhero history. Aquaman has a leg up against most Phase 1 and nearly all of Phase 2 respectively. I find it better than a good amount of the Phase 3 movies.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Idk I might see it, but Im not sure I care. I think my vig problem with the first film is that there wasn't a compelling villain.
I disagree. Orhm/Ocean Master is a compelling villain. He's no Zod, but I find him more interesting and well developed than a majority of Marvel Villains, two WW1 German Jesse and James, Lex Luthor from B v. S, and the main villain from Justice League (both versions).

I feel like Manta didn't get respected, especially.
Manta filled the role that was required of him. He always been on/off "second fiddle" compared to Ocean Master. It's more than likely he'll be given a bigger focus. In the first movie, he's a pirate out for a revenge, but it is clear threat when taking on Aquaman with high powered Atlantian weaponry and power armor he made by himself.

Last edited:

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
At least they seem to have a very entertaining view of life:
As kooky as scientology is, it's not any kookier than every other religion, and frankly, has done a lot less harm.

Still kooky though.