What are you currently playing?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Doing more Resident Evil 3 Remake. Finished the power plant section, and left the downtown section. The talking heads saying the game is a 5-6/10, or retroactively changed their opinion to "not as good as I wanted it to be", really need to actually play the game more than once, or play actual bad games. Cuz RE3R ain't bad. I do agree the harder difficulties are bullshit, you can no longer use self-defense items (I know it's to make up with the dodge/punch parry, but all Capcom had to do was nerf self-defense items), and that the bonus modes are lacking. It's still a kick-ass action-horror zombie apocalypse game! The game loves giving you ammo too, and it shows! Currently in the sewers.

Reactions: NerfedFalcon

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
So, a few days of playing Ever Crisis later, the game is sort of getting its hooks on me. But at the same time, it just made me feel like replaying Crisis Core way more than I am invested in the game itself, cause I actually liked the story in that one more than the original FFVII story. I think I'll get that remake, which I was kinda not paying attention to cause I played the hell out of the original. It seems Zack will be relevant in the second remake too so having a refresher for him is gonna be handy.

Oh and I'm like 3 pulls away from getting Tifa's wet tshirt costume as f2p, so yeah, the game is definitely f2p-friendly if you can get summer items for free. They have this system where it's not rng based, if you do x amount of pulls you eventually get the thing you want, and the rng is just about weapon pulls which you can use materials to get for free as well so no reason to spend money.

They do sell a million things though so if you're someone who gets tempted easy, watch for that.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Reactions: NerfedFalcon

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Moar Elden Ring.

"Oh, you're still playing Elden Ring?"

Yes, I'm still playing Elden Ring. Well, I'm playing it again, to put it more accurately. I put it down a few months ago when I realized General Radahn was my next hurdle, and the pre-defeat just washed over me to the point that I never even tried to fight him. Welp, fast-forward to today, and I gave him a shot. Surprisingly, I managed to knock him down to 1/4 health on my first attempt... and my second... and my third. I cannot figure out his second phase. When he hits that 1/4 mark, invariably, all the summons have been killed, I'm out of flasks, and that's when he not only focuses on me, but his moveset turns him into a glowing purple screen-sized ball of frenetic pain that I can't even manage to dodge let alone damage. I'm a melee build, and every time I get within striking distance, the screen turns neon purple and my health disappears. I don't even know what he's doing or which direction to dodge; I can't see shit!

About the only thing that I'm happy about is that I'm WAY closer to being able to beat him than I ever thought.

Reactions: Mister Mumbler

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
Just finished the main campaign of Solasta. Yay! Ready to take my team on to the next adventure... oh... you can't. As far as I can tell you have to start with level 1 characters each time and even the campaign designed for higher levels you can't carry over characters and equipment, you have to level them up in the character creator. As such, my interest in playing any further has evaporated.

Not sure what to do next really. Pretty convinced that I won't like BG3 and I think my PC is a bit long in the tooth for starfield, and I make a point of not buying Bethesda games until a year or so after release so the modders have had time to improve it. And I 'm not sure I really have the time to devote to that kind of game these days.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Yes, I'm still playing Elden Ring. Well, I'm playing it again, to put it more accurately. I put it down a few months ago when I realized General Radahn was my next hurdle, and the pre-defeat just washed over me to the point that I never even tried to fight him. Welp, fast-forward to today, and I gave him a shot. Surprisingly, I managed to knock him down to 1/4 health on my first attempt... and my second... and my third. I cannot figure out his second phase. When he hits that 1/4 mark, invariably, all the summons have been killed, I'm out of flasks, and that's when he not only focuses on me, but his moveset turns him into a glowing purple screen-sized ball of frenetic pain that I can't even manage to dodge let alone damage. I'm a melee build, and every time I get within striking distance, the screen turns neon purple and my health disappears. I don't even know what he's doing or which direction to dodge; I can't see shit!

About the only thing that I'm happy about is that I'm WAY closer to being able to beat him than I ever thought.
He's actually the easiest boss in the game, if you use a certain tactic.
You can resummon the summons, so you can just run around and let them do all the work, then dodge and weave till their summon things show up again, rinse and repeat.

After watching some of the Civvie 11 on Turbo Overkill, I decided "screw the sound bugs" I want to play the full release. So, I'm going through it on murder machine. Having fun, on the second stage of chapter 2 now. I do find some of the changes from earlier versions to be annoying, like changing up the last level in chapter 1, I liked the old version even though it was much longer, its just so cool to be jumping from car to car. Also the voice cast changes are still weird to me.

Last edited:

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
You can resummon the summons, so you can just run around and let them do all the work, then dodge and weave till their summon things show up again, rinse and repeat.
You might have just changed my life. Thank you. Monday, that sumbitch is going DOWN (if I can manage not to get disoriented and can actually find the summon signs again when I need them...)

Reactions: BrawlMan

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
"Oh yes, that boss fight is easy-peasy as long as you've got the Orange Listerine Ring, which you must have found because it's right there, in the open. In a chest, in a basement, in a different postcode, behind two secret walls and a fire."

I kid, I like the Dark Souls games a lot and I probably should get back to Elden Ring sometime. Now that I've picked up Halo 2 again, though, and gotten only a couple of missions away from completing it (despite the best attempts of even the Normal-difficulty enemies to kill me in under a second), I'm hoping to finish that before I move on to anything else. Most likely Halo 3 to finish the fight, but after that perhaps it'll be Elden Ring's turn again.

Reactions: Mister Mumbler

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Of course it's his choice, which is why the question was pointless especially since he went opposite of the unanimous recommendation.
Who cares (other than you)? He's having the time of his life, and it's all that matters now.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Finished my replay of RE3R! It is so satisfying landing a perfect dodge on the monsters; especially Nemesis! Like I said before, not as solid as RE2R, but is still solid! I'll take RE3R any day over RE4-RE6, RE0, CV, and RE7+RE8.

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde