Funny events in anti-woke world

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Good for you. There are plenty of them around, both in real life and fiction. I don't know why you need that a game series like The Last of Us which never prioritized sexiness.
Yes, but it has women in it, see? And if those women then aren't hot (fall into the conservatives definition of hot) then that's obviously an attack on them, proof that lefties want all women to be ugly.

But hey, at least he's being honest now. None of this 'hypocricy, Liana K said, Neil Druckmann should just admit bla bla bla'.

Oh wait...
and then it turns out Druckman plays the character who shags Abby in TLOU season 2 on HBO lol
He's back to this again. False alarm everyone!

Reactions: BrawlMan

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
The only one talking about real life women is you.
Nope, others were.

Are you sure this isn't your specific fetish?
Nope. Just have been down some strange internet proverbial alleyways in my time.

I love how thoroughly TLOU2 kicked certain types of individuals in the head to the point of them randomly having spasms about it on the internet years later.
Yeh, amazingly I didn't bring this up and there was 3-4 posts on about it before I replied about it lol.

So I totally agree some individuals were thoroughly kicked in the head by it because how dare people not praise it as the 2nd coming of mecha Christ come to save gaming and be the most perfect game ever made lol.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Good for you. There are plenty of them around, both in real life and fiction. I don't know why you need that a game series like The Last of Us which never prioritized sexiness.
Then why did they deliberately prioritise doing the opposite?

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
Nope, others were.
No, I looked at the previous posts

Nope. Just have been down some strange internet proverbial alleyways in my time.
Of that, I have no doubt.

Yeh, amazingly I didn't bring this up and there was 3-4 posts on about it before I replied about it lol.

So I totally agree some individuals were thoroughly kicked in the head by it because how dare people not praise it as the 2nd coming of mecha Christ come to save gaming and be the most perfect game ever made lol.
Funny, because two of the people who were talking about the game in this thread admitted to even liking it.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Well, it's more that even people who realize that there needs to be more diversity (in media) will still scrutinize those attempts at diversity. You see this with gay rep. too - Are they gay enough, are they too clean, are they too lurid? It's kind of an automatic response due to fear of wanting representation that won't scare off the normies and stop future representation. Not wanting a bad example that'll put the spotlight on the community/staying true to that community.
I get not wanting to screw up, but they can still fuck off. Mistakes will happen at some point. Even if every piece media got every single minority, race, or LBTQ 1000%, the Right would still panic on how it's "wrong" and how the movie/game/TV shot "got lucky". Certain people on the Left still wouldn't be satisfied.

With both the Right and the Left it's due to fear. The difference being that the Right fears their outdated values and power structures going the way of the dodo, and the Left, or more specifically marginalized communities, fear "bad" representation will spark even more hostility and marginalisation toward them. There's also obviously internalized homophobia/misogyny/racism at work throughout, but I'm not too apt to really speak on that me thinks.
Well both should learn to nut up, and get the fuck over themselves, and stop worrying what "people/everybody thinks or will think". They'll live longer and be all the more happier for it.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Who, Sneako? Some obnoxious right wing/red pill grifter who for some reason is popular with kids. Discount Andrew Tate.

"This is how I was at 12"

But mate, you never stopped.
Well "SNEAKO" needs a good and proper kick in the nuts, apologize, and fuck off.

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
Congratulations, more than admitted that you'll side with angry grifter bigots and will sympathize and constantly suck their genitals just to feel better about yourself and not be a responsible person and not learn to be considerate. You earned it; be proud of your insecurity and selfishness. But remember people like that don't give a shit about anyone, but themselves. That's snowflake definitely don't give a rats ass about me, barely you, and he only cares about your attention and money. Have fun being parasites with each other. It usually works well for most people.
I think you missed entirely what I was aiming at - pronouns are kind of an important part of speech in conversational English. So give Az exactly what Az wants, a "No Pronouns" mode, an option for Az to never be referred to using pronouns, let Az pick "None" for Az's pronouns and just have the entire game always call Az by the full name of Az's character, regardless of how weird and awkward that would sound. See how long it takes before Az decides that this is awkward and shitty. If you wanted to be really mean about it, just refer to Az exclusively by name in general, give Az Az's desired lack of pronouns.

Given your later reply, I'm just going to chalk this one up to tone not translating well over text. The whole point was "give them exactly what they want in the most literal way possible to demonstrate that it's an intensely shitty idea". I figured referencing the Monkey's Paw, one of the most famous and most often adapted stories about being careful what you wish for would have made that clear.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Perhaps not. The wrongdoing was against one of their own, someone they care about.
That was my first thought too. But apparently even then would still be expected to have been dealt with privately, according to those more familiar with the church. They haven't done the same for the influencer YouTube "family channel" who's mother and her friend are being investigated for various child abuses after ther 12 year old son escaped through a window to a neighbour asking for food, drink and police with duct tape around their legs. (Also such belief don't mean Mormon on Mormon crime isn't less prevalent, only less publicised if they can help it) Perhaps it's just a legal distancing from a lawyering perspective, getting out ahead of any future controversies the OUR organisation are likely gestating, as has been their way so far.

Half-relevant update on saviour;

Image without needing to click;

I suppose "pedophile" is the current word being systematically rinsed into meaningless now for these types.

-

Oki who let the kids near the TloU2 magic lamp again? Scrolling through multiple pages of poorly-fonted thumbnails about a fictional character's attractiveness is telling me the careless miscreants got too handsy with it and summoned the anti-abbey spirits once more. The lowest of stakes internet drama are potent pheromones not to be toyed with. *taps sign about pheromones, lamps and low stakes internet drama*

Last edited:

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
No, I looked at the previous posts.
Then you didn't look very well as you can even follow the chain of quotes back and find multiple people talking about Abby before me and bringing her up unsolicited lol

Of that, I have no doubt.
You have no idea lol

Funny, because two of the people who were talking about the game in this thread admitted to even liking it.
Yes strange how people bringing up Abby also like the game almost like there's a correlation there. What a shocker

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
Oki who let the kids near the TloU2 magic lamp again? Scrolling through multiple pages of poorly-fonted thumbnails about a fictional character's attractiveness is telling me the careless miscreants got too handsy with it and summoned the anti-abbey spirits once more. The lowest of stakes internet drama are potent pheromones not to be toyed with. *taps sign about pheromones, lamps and low stakes internet drama*
I'm just kind of confused about this idea that Abby is impossibly brawny. This only makes sense for people have never seen sportswomen, up to and including one of the most famous of the last couple of decades, Serena Williams. I mean, have you seen her arms? She is packing way more muscle than a load of the keyboard warriors getting in a tizzy whenever women have bulges that aren't breasts, hips and buttocks.

Although, maybe, you know, the sort of people complaining about it are the sort of people who think women's sports aren't real sport and haven't seen any sportswomen.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Who, Sneako? Some obnoxious right wing/red pill grifter who for some reason is popular with kids. Discount Andrew Tate.

"This is how I was at 12"

But mate, you never stopped.
Kids often push back against what they get told so he has a bit of a point.

How many kids had the "Smoking is bad and harmful" talk and started smoking anyway?