Funny events in anti-woke world

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
True, but those on the Far Right, Ultra Conservative, or those claiming to be "Neutral" (but not really) are far more vocal and louder about it for the past several years. With that said, those on the Left who pull that shit can fuck off too.
Well, it's more that even people who realize that there needs to be more diversity (in media) will still scrutinize those attempts at diversity. You see this with gay rep. too - Are they gay enough, are they too clean, are they too lurid? It's kind of an automatic response due to fear of wanting representation that won't scare off the normies and stop future representation. Not wanting a bad example that'll put the spotlight on the community/staying true to that community.

With both the Right and the Left it's due to fear. The difference being that the Right fears their outdated values and power structures going the way of the dodo, and the Left, or more specifically marginalized communities, fear "bad" representation will spark even more hostility and marginalisation toward them. There's also obviously internalized homophobia/misogyny/racism at work throughout, but I'm not too apt to really speak on that me thinks.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Pretty sure that's a female crossfit athlete. Could be wrong. But she doesn't seem to have the proportions or aesthetic of a bodybuilder.

Edit: and that looks like she's performing either a dumbell snatch or jerk which are not bodybuilding exercises.

View attachment 9670

If you can't see why, if you really can't... there's really nothing else left to say that can't just as well be said to a wall.
The women I posted.

She's Abby's body model.

The real actual woman who Abby is modelled on looks more conventionally attractive than Abby......

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Funny how people suddenly started caring so much about realism in a game series with fungi-headed zombies.
When the argument is "Well Abby is more realistic and more like a real woman". Yeh the realism argument back is entirely valid to destroy the argument.

If suddenly people don't care about realism then realism isn't a defence of Abby at all. Thus Abby is how she is for ideological or personal reasons and well some people aren't keen on the former and if it's the latter, I've got no issue with it but Neil Druckman needs to be honest that it's his fetish like how Tarantino is know to have a foot fetish as is very clear in his films.

Anyone who actually paid attention to the cut scenes instead of being angry over Joel's death would see that the game is not trying to make Abby or Ellie come across as any more righteous or evil than the other. This isn't a story about clear cut good and evil characters, execution of the idea aside.
Abby saves a Zebra and plays with the dog.

Later Ellie kills the dog.

Abby finds out a character is pregnant and relents.

Ellie later kills a pregnant woman.

Cheetodust

Elite Member
Jun 2, 2020
Country
Ireland
The women I posted.

She's Abby's body model.

The real actual woman who Abby is modelled on looks more conventionally attractive than Abby......
So I was right. Not a bodybuilder. So let me ask, when you don't know the difference between a crossfit athlete and a physique athlete why would I believe you know the first thing about what is and isn't achievable in regards to strength training?

Also what does that prove about "making female characters unattractive on purpose"?

Reactions: BrawlMan

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
So I was right. Not a bodybuilder. So let me ask, when you don't know the difference between a crossfit athlete and a physique athlete why would I believe you know the first thing about what is and isn't achievable in regards to strength training?
You don't have to.
I posted 3 Liana K videos there.
One of which show Liana checking regarding the posts of Abby's body model who details her diet and training regime also Liana has been a professional model and was on diets and stuff regarding that plus is friends with others who are in different fields and so can talk about what is and isn't possible.

Also what does that prove about "making female characters unattractive on purpose"?
Are you really asking what does it prove that the body model for Abby is more conventionally attractive than Abby?

Because he made one character a muscular woman? That's proof it's a fetishism? Tarantino sucked on a foot in a film.
Two games running Neil Druckman was creative director on had a "Strong female character" violently beat the crap out of the established male protagonist as though it was nothing. In TLOU2 Abby kills Joel so that goes a bit more extreme.

The game Neil Druckman didn't direct with the same characters as the other example? No such sequence happens.

Once is a co-incidence - Twice running? Far less so.

Cheetodust

Elite Member
Jun 2, 2020
Country
Ireland
You don't have to.
I posted 3 Liana K videos there.
One of which show Liana checking regarding the posts of Abby's body model who details her diet and training regime also Liana has been a professional model and was on diets and stuff regarding that plus is friends with others who are in different fields and so can talk about what is and isn't possible.
You posted an hour and a half of youtube content that I am not watching. Point to specific arguments with sources. Also Liana K is a model which is entirely different to strength athlete. She has never been concerned with either developing pure strength or maximising muscle mass. So you, a dimwit, shared a video from a model who is less experienced in the field than I am. Because "she's friends with people in different fields". What does that even mean.

Once is a co-incidence - Twice running? Far less so.
Or your brain is so rotted by the idea that women should only exist to be jerked off to that you can't conceive of that just not being the case.

By the way, to be clear, I'm not arguing with you. I'm mocking you. Because you're thick.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
You posted an hour and a half of youtube content that I am not watching. Point to specific arguments with sources.
NOT MY PROBLEM.

When you've posted 50 page academic papers and expected people to read them fully. I've given you my sources and to be honest it's been a while since I watched them so I can't provide a specific time code. You can either take the time yourself to understand the full argument rather than wanting a soundbite without context which will no doubt bloom into some stupid argument requiring knowledge of the greater context anyway or you can concede this point.

Also Liana K is a model which is entirely different to strength athlete. She has never been concerned with either developing pure strength or maximising muscle mass. So you, a dimwit, shared a video from a model who is less experienced in the field than I am. Because "she's friends with people in different fields". What does that even mean.
When you can't even be fucking bothered to read the full extent of what I actually wrote
Why would I bother to write out what Liana said in the videos? It's clear you don't fucking bother to read what I say anyway.

Or your brain is so rotted by the idea that women should only exist to be jerked off to that you can't conceive of that just not being the case.

By the way, to be clear, I'm not arguing with you. I'm mocking you. Because you're thick.
But Abby exists to be jerked to by people with a specific fetish lol.

In terms of the argument about people jerking off etc well millions of years of evolution and social conventions have totally not happened to help perpetuate humanity or anything lol. /s Oh and this goes for men too lol.

As for mocking me. Well you're the one playing the fool here increasingly. You're doing a Peter Griffin, on stage mocking the audience while the beer in your pocket empties into your trousers making it look like you've pissed yourself.

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
You referring to this 1, 2, butt-fuck right here?

...​
You know what, I'm with them. There should be an option to not have pronouns, wherein everyone only ever refers to you by your full name regardless of how awkward that would sound, and everyone in the universe is somehow mysteriously aware that this is the only acceptable way to refer to you. This is one of those scenarios where the right answer is to give them exactly. what. they. ask. for. Monkey paw that request.

It's more than that, it's paranoid delusion. If a woman in a game isn't traditionally attractive it's a purposeful attack on them. 'Them' being men who like traditionally attractive women, which I guess they're afraid to run out of or something. You hear the phrase from reactionaries all the time; made ugly on pupose. So much narcissism hides in those four little words.
This is more or less a direct consequence of various talking heads proclaiming that the existence of traditionally attractive female characters was akin to bigotry. After enough of that, it's not unexpected to see the absence of it as intentional.

It's funny to see Nexus mods banning mods to remove this aspect but perfectly fine with mods for games that let you date children......... no I'm not joking
I'm afraid to ask. In my experience, most mods are on Nexus. If it's an "adult" mod, you usually have to go to Lover's Lab. If Lover's Lab doesn't allow it, there's...another forum for those sorts of mods. I would have expected a mod for dating children to go straight to that last one, do not pass Go, do not collect $200. Especially since that sort of mod is outright in their wheelhouse. I'm only aware that last one existed because of one Skyrim SE playthrough where I wanted to be able to take more or less arbitrary NPCs captive, restrain them in some fashion and use them to set up blood dens once I inevitably went vampire - at the time the only mod that would really let you *do* that was a BDSM-focused mod, and there wasn't an official version of it for SE, but that other site had an unofficial port to SE. Before the next time I start up Skyrim I may see if someone has released an alternative for taking NPCs captive and locking them up since, especially one that will let you vamp feed on them.

There's also obviously internalized homophobia/misogyny/racism at work throughout, but I'm not too apt to really speak on that me thinks.
It is always a convenient explanation for when a $DEMOGRAPHIC person does not believe what $DEMOGRAPHIC is supposed to believe.

Cheetodust

Elite Member
Jun 2, 2020
Country
Ireland
Please do not insult other forum users -- single thread ban issued
NOT MY PROBLEM.

When you've posted 50 page academic papers and expected people to read them fully. I've given you my sources and to be honest it's been a while since I watched them so I can't provide a specific time code. You can either take the time yourself to understand the full argument rather than wanting a soundbite without context which will no doubt bloom into some stupid argument requiring knowledge of the greater context anyway or you can concede this point.

When you can't even be fucking bothered to read the full extent of what I actually wrote

Why would I bother to write out what Liana said in the videos? It's clear you don't fucking bother to read what I say anyway.

In terms of the argument about people jerking off etc well millions of years of evolution and social conventions have totally not happened to help perpetuate humanity or anything lol. /s Oh and this goes for men too lol.

As for mocking me. Well you're the one playing the fool here increasingly. You're doing a Peter Griffin, on stage mocking the audience while the beer in your pocket empties into your trousers making it look like you've pissed yourself.
🙄 dimwit

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Real woman the character is based off is better looking than the character.
The "Have you not seen real women" argument kind of collapses badly and the argument is now, I have so why is Abby still so less attractive again?
Because what you deem attractive and better looking in women is obviously fact, isn't it?

And then here you say this..
So Abby is obviously made ugly on purpose, because by your personal standards, which I guess I'm to accept as fact, she looks worse than the model they based her off. Yet she was also designed for people whose fetish is muscle girls. Hmm, there's a conclusion there, let's see if you're smart enough to figure it out.

This is more or less a direct consequence of various talking heads proclaiming that the existence of traditionally attractive female characters was akin to bigotry. After enough of that, it's not unexpected to see the absence of it as intentional.
No, it being seen as the default, which it still very much is, is bigotry. The idea of slightly veering away from this being seen as an intentional attack shows how rooted traditional beauty standards are in our society, that not abiding by them is therefor lunacy and must be some malicious act.

thebobmaster

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
Country
United States
*glances at my avatar* Yeah, I think it's safe to say where I fall in this argument. Although here's a mindblowing concept: I find both the real-life model and the in-game model attractive for different reasons. It's almost like different strokes, different folks is a thing.

Absent

And twice is the only way to live.
Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland
Dave the diver seems a cool game.

I don't know why they ruined it by having Dave made fat just so that the fat-fetish demographic can wank on him instead of making him properly sexy so that everyone can wank on him. Modern sjw woke game devs are spoiling everything for everyone once again.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
You know what, I'm with them. There should be an option to not have pronouns, wherein everyone only ever refers to you by your full name regardless of how awkward that would sound, and everyone in the universe is somehow mysteriously aware that this is the only acceptable way to refer to you. This is one of those scenarios where the right answer is to give them exactly. what. they. ask. for. Monkey paw that request.
Congratulations, more than admitted that you'll side with angry grifter bigots and will sympathize and constantly suck their genitals just to feel better about yourself and not be a responsible person and not learn to be considerate. You earned it; be proud of your insecurity and selfishness. But remember people like that don't give a shit about anyone, but themselves. That's snowflake definitely don't give a rats ass about me, barely you, and he only cares about your attention and money. Have fun being parasites with each other. It usually works well for most people.

Reactions: Cicada 5

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Because what you deem attractive and better looking in women is obviously fact, isn't it?
Well we can argue the whole "eye of the beholder" stuff if you want or accept that there are certain traits generally seen as attractive my a large majority of people

And then here you say this..
So Abby is obviously made ugly on purpose, because by your personal standards, which I guess I'm to accept as fact, she looks worse than the model they based her off. Yet she was also designed for people whose fetish is muscle girls. Hmm, there's a conclusion there, let's see if you're smart enough to figure it out.
It's not muscle girl fetish........... it's a more niche one linked slightly to that generally called session wrestling but even that term doesn't fully fit it as it's a kind of extreme femdom subfetish. Part of it being the women involved have to look more brutish.

No, it being seen as the default, which it still very much is, is bigotry. The idea of slightly veering away from this being seen as an intentional attack shows how rooted traditional beauty standards are in our society, that not abiding by them is therefor lunacy and must be some malicious act.
*points to Hollywood and the film industry*

It happened in gaming out of some misjudged sense of doing good mixed with a level of malice on the part of some others very much the green eyed monster at play. The argument of "They don't reflect real women" while ignoring actual women who do look like that or worse trying to frame said women as genetic freaks shows it was a malicious act. It's like people who've not left high school mentality behind.