Conflict between Palestine and Israel escalates

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
It's like if you threw keywords for "how to scare a senior citizen" into a blender

View attachment 10121
Oh for fuck sake. If Hamas are gonna lob chemical weapons at Israel, they're not going to waste their fucking time with fentanyl. Not when there's just so many spicier things they could use. Fucking old school mustard or chlorine gas would (probably) be worse.

Reactions: BrawlMan
Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
We're 10.000 civilians mudered in Gaza and counting just this month. If you need to counter that with 'this is not black and white', if knowing this you feel the need to go to bat for Israel... Fucking Christ!

Funny how no one uttered shit like 'it's not black and white' or 'it's complicated' in regards to Russia invading Ukraine. And anyone who did was rightfully labeled an asshat. But with the Isreali government and Netanyahu, who's only and most generous response to what they're doing has been 'Yeah, we know we're bombing civilians, but fuck them and fuck you', every news outlet, every politician is all too eager to stand with them under the guise of 'Israel has a right to defend itself'.
Yeah a bit about that -

@kb4804
2 days ago
It’s not a complex issue. It’s super simple. There’s one group with enormous power. It acts on another population of people with total impunity and is never held accountable for anything.

Also from the horse’s mouth -

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Oh for fuck sake. If Hamas are gonna lob chemical weapons at Israel, they're not going to waste their fucking time with fentanyl. Not when there's just so many spicier things they could use. Fucking old school mustard or chlorine gas would (probably) be worse.
Mustard gas is really nasty, long term. Chlorine, though, you can get just by electrolysing sea water. As in, I don't know if it still is a problem, but it used to be that if sea water got into a submarine's batteries you have an immediate and extremely serious problem.

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America

Mustard gas is really nasty, long term. Chlorine, though, you can get just by electrolysing sea water. As in, I don't know if it still is a problem, but it used to be that if sea water got into a submarine's batteries you have an immediate and extremely serious problem.
swimming pools can accidentally do a chemical weapon atrocity as well

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America

You know, if *I* were running a propaganda department who regularly engaged with Arabic speaking opposition, I'd make sure some of my dudes were, like, near native speakers?
To be fair, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday really do have it coming.

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
Reactions: crimson5pheonix

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America

bad enough that they're uncritically airing Israeli propaganda about al-Shifa hospital in light of the debunking of the calendar story among other things, but they literally include the ludicrous calendar part specifically at 6:24.