Elon Musk's purchase of Twitter may soon go through

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
I really dislike how this has been shortened to 'consequences'

Musk is recieving the consequences of a CAPITALIST SYSTEM. It's not random consequences of society or wokeness or liberals or whatever. This is a very specific consequence you only get in Capitalism
Fair, but I was talking in the more immediate term of like, not being hauled away by security while the interview cut short

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
How do you make a non-racist, non-transphobic chat bot on *accident*?

Funniest bit is all them folks losing their shit over Musk's stupid woke AI paid 20 bucks for the privilege. Anyway

Also

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Musk decided that one of the few principled stands he ever took might have been a bad idea:

I guess he wants someone else to share conspiracy theories with. Will he hear the sound of advertisers running for the door from inside his echo chamber?

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
Musk decided that one of the few principled stands he ever took might have been a bad idea:
This is slightly out of date. He's already reinstated Alex Jones.

Being the chickenshit Musk is, he held a poll: hey, if the users voted for it, it must be okay.

Also a sort of faux democracy - I bet you that's not how he lets X (fka Twitter) run as a company for the important stuff like finances, features and all. Although maybe if he did, it would be doing better.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Also a sort of faux democracy - I bet you that's not how he lets X (fka Twitter) run as a company for the important stuff like finances, features and all. Although maybe if he did, it would be doing better.
We know that for a fact: remember when he put it to a poll whether or not he would remain in role, and said he'd abide by the result? Then of course the poll told him to step down, so he just said it was a bad poll and didn't count.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
We know that for a fact: remember when he put it to a poll whether or not he would remain in role, and said he'd abide by the result? Then of course the poll told him to step down, so he just said it was a bad poll and didn't count.
Which totally doesn't bring any other nominal champions of democracy to mind...