Funny events in anti-woke world

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
The far-right is conservative and conservatism breeds racism. Saying the far-right didn't create institutional racism is like... yeah no, the far-right as it is today didn't, because the far-right of today is a response to leftist ideals that have gained ground over the decades, like the civil rights act and reproductive rights. Back then the far-right didn't cause racism because back then far-right was the default.

Also, funny how Roe v. Wade "making no sense" benefited millions of people and harmed virtually no one. But hey "it made no sense", so good thing that got scrapped, huh? And so nice of the supreme court to introduce an alternative so people still have reproductive rights, and the lack of Roe v. Wade doesn't suddenly cause hundreds if not thousands (and in the future millions) of women to suffer. Right?!?

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Looking like another win for the doohickey

You know, way back when, the Japanese government had a growing communist party that was set to be a major second party until its leader got assassinated on live TV, after which it crumbled into nothing. Maybe there's a cultural reaction to "well, if he's shit enough someone killed him over it, maybe they actually suck", like a failure cascade
How does one man win this hard?

Ha, i like the part with "... animal control services shall be contacted to remove the student"
I would seriously think about passing this ill-worded, weird law just for that. Just think about it: Having the police force an animal control worker to snare and cage a young boy in a fox-suit while the teachers look helplessly on.

Fox: "I am not a person... i am a wild ANIMAL. Yiffing free"

Teachers: "No you are not, Danny, you are a confused little boy.... please we are here for you"

Police: "Well, if he is a boy. We can taze him... hm, maybe shoot him. Is he black underneath the suit?"

Animal Control guy: "Ummm... what the fuck is going on? Why am i doing this? HELP ME"

Oh man. Why can't life be a bad comedy? (Instead of a horrible dramedy)
The guy who wrote this bill is a total kook as it turns out (who could have guessed), he also wants to decriminalize cockfighting and wrote a bill to make gang members into terrorists, but only if they're latino.

Last edited:

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
I'm guessing you mean to label or treat them as terrorists, but the sentence was ambiguous enough that it could be about conscripting them.
"Labeled as" is probably better for me to have said, but strictly the wording of the bill says that a latino doing it makes gang activities terrorism, so actually it does conscript latino gang members into terrorist cells 🤔

Reactions: BrawlMan

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
You're rationalizing to justify your nonsense beliefs.
That wasn't me rationalizing my beliefs, it was me mocking yours. See, abortions have nothing to do with beliefs, they have to do with basic human rights. That you hold a virtually imperceptible clump of unconscious cells more dear than the fully conscious human life carrying it says it all, and deserves nothing but derision. Your sancification of fetusses causes nothing but agony for the one carrying it as well as the future child, but what else is new for religious fundamentalists.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Please do not insult your fellow forum users
That wasn't me rationalizing my beliefs, it was me mocking yours. See, abortions have nothing to do with beliefs, they have to do with basic human rights. That you hold a virtually imperceptible clump of unconscious cells more dear than the fully conscious human life carrying it says it all, and deserves nothing but derision. Your sancification of fetusses causes nothing but agony for the one carrying it as well as the future child, but what else is new for religious fundamentalists.
All of this is your beliefs. Imagining yourself somehow risen above belief is comically stupid. Like, comically stupid. I'm prepared to tell you that thinking a fetus isn't a person is already incredibly, incredibly dumb, and you should be embarrassed to be so, so stupid, but to try to claim that your beliefs have nothing to do with beliefs just takes the cake.

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
All of this is your beliefs.
In terms of epistemology, knowledge is justified, true belief.

In recognising that a fetus under 24 weeks is a bundle of cells that lacks the capacity for experiencing physcial sensation or meaningful conscious thought, it's his knowledge. That knowledge is a surpassingly powerful piece of evidence for his beliefs on where the balance of human rights in this issue lie.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
In terms of epistemology, knowledge is justified, true belief.

In recognising that a fetus under 24 weeks is a bundle of cells that lacks the capacity for experiencing physcial sensation or meaningful conscious thought, it's his knowledge. That knowledge is a surpassingly powerful piece of evidence for his beliefs on where the balance of human rights in this issue lie.
You know as well as I do that "abortion has nothing to do with beliefs" is a delusional, moronic statement.

You also likely know that your position on where the balance of rights should be is just millennia old garbage superstitions. You're not using the word "soul", but you're absolutely using the same meaningless rationalizations they used thousands of years ago to justify abortions, except now we have the technology to demonstrate the continuity of existence from conception to birth, so you don't even have the excuse of ignorance.