Funny Events of the "Woke" world

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
No. You said you could easily provide sources stating that diabetes only comes from overcomsumption of sugar, that it was the sole and direct cause.

So provide them. This source doesn't say that either. Where are those sources?
I showed you that some researches feel sugar is a major cause and some do not think so.
Some investigators contend that commonly consumed amounts of sugar do not contribute to this epidemic,” Herman said. “While others are convinced that excessive sugar ingestion is a major cause.

Then, I showed you the direct mechanism in the liver caused by sugar intake that causes insulin resistance. Then, I showed you insulin resistance precedes diabetes. People thought and still do think cholesterol causes heart disease. When you start looking at the actual mechanisms, that's not actually the case. Just like diabetes, the majority base everything off of associations and correlations vs the actual mechanisms.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
I showed you that some researches feel sugar is a major cause and some do not think so.
Which isn't what you claimed, or what you said you had sources for.

Your claim was that overeating sugar is the sole and direct cause. I provided 6 sources contradicting that, and you then said you could easily provide just as many supporting you. So where are they? Sixth time asking.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States

This whole thing is an optics shitshow. People who are voters will look at that and want even more measures against migrants. At some point despite what I want, and what many pro-immigration supporters want. People are going to have to accept the fact that it's going to be a miracle if the US has a population of 400-500 million people by 2100.

Immigration is a nuanced issue. Not everyone even on the pro-immigration side is pro-open borders in the sense that everyone in the world can hop on a plane and get to the US, and or go across a US border into the US. That could make the US have a China-India-like density, and while I would love that, most people don't. If the US were to hit 1.5 to 2.0 billion people by 2100 we/US would have a monopoly on economic, military power, soft power, and innovation would increase alongside it. We wouldn't even need the EU, India, or China as an ally to do so, and if we had the EU, NATO, India, and so forth in an alliance bloc the West would be unstoppable against authoritarianism.

But we aren't building our infrastructure like that. We aren't building lots of skyscrapers, investing in nuclear fusion plants, and making the top 100 largest cities in the US like the top 100 largest cities in China. The R&D and investment just isn't there. I doubt even AOC as president would allow America to swell to the side I and other radical immigration supporters want.

Therefore Biden is going to have to play games with Texas and the GOP and pretend like he opposes this when he doesn't.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Which isn't what you claimed, or what you said you had sources for.

Your claim was that overeating sugar is the sole and direct cause. I provided 6 sources contradicting that, and you then said you could easily provide just as many supporting you. So where are they? Sixth time asking.
My source said that, why do I have to track down everyone that thinks that? Why do you care about if say more experts agree with you than me? If that's what you think makes you more correct, I don't really care as I care about what makes the most logical sense, which the vast majority of sources don't care about. I wanna know exactly how you get diabetes or heart disease or whatever, I don't care that something is associated with a disease because then I'd just ask how does that directly link to said disease (and it's a "don't know"). Nutrition guidelines, as the late Sarah Hallberg said, should be ignored when it comes to diabetes because they don't make sense. And you're citing these sources that tell people the wrong things and act like it makes your position more correct than mine.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
My source said that [...]
Bullshit. Your source categorically did not say that. Even your own description of that source didn't say that.

We have yet to have a single source for your claim that overeating sugar is the sole and direct cause. Where are they?

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Bullshit. Your source categorically did not say that. Even your own description of that source didn't say that.

We have yet to have a single source for your claim that overeating sugar is the sole and direct cause. Where are they?
It said several researchers feel sugar is the cause of insulin resistance, which causes diabetes.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
It said several researchers feel sugar is the cause of insulin resistance, which causes diabetes.
It says several researchers feel sugar is a cause, while others don't.

Your claim was that it's definitely the sole and direct cause of type 2 diabetes. You disputed that it was even possible to develop diabetes without overeating sugar. You have yet to provide a single source for your actual claim, which is leading me to think you couldn't find a single one.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
It says several researchers feel sugar is a cause, while others don't.

Your claim was that it's definitely the sole and direct cause of type 2 diabetes. You disputed that it was even possible to develop diabetes without overeating sugar. You have yet to provide a single source for your actual claim, which is leading me to think you couldn't find a single one.
Major cause. Based on the mechanisms we know, sugar does seem to be the direct cause to insulin resistance, that then causes diabetes. All that happens before you have visceral fat surrounding key organs like the liver and pancreas.

What do you actually think is the direct cause of diabetes because it ain't being overweight.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Again, I showed you the evidence that sugar is the cause of insulin resistance, that is the cause of diabetes...
Again: you provided sources saying sugar was possibly considered a cause. This was not your original claim.

Provide your sources for the claim that overeating sugar is definitely the sole & direct cause of type 2 diabetes. Nothing you've provided has said that, or anything even close. This is the Ninth time asking.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Again: you provided sources saying sugar was possibly considered a cause. This was not your original claim.

Provide your sources for the claim that overeating sugar is definitely the sole & direct cause of type 2 diabetes. Nothing you've provided has said that, or anything even close. This is the Ninth time asking.
The study showed sugar is the direct cause of insulin resistance.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
The study showed sugar is the direct cause of insulin resistance.
It showed it was thought by some experts to be a direct contributor.

Give me the sources for your claim, which was enormously different.

Last edited:

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
It showed it was thought by some experts to be a direct contributor.

Give me the sources for your claim, which was enormously different.
Excess sugar in the liver activates ChREBP, which stops the body from taking in excess sugar no matter how much insulin the pancreas produces.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Excess sugar in the liver activates ChREBP, which stops the body from taking in excess sugar no matter how much insulin the pancreas produces.
K. So where are those sources you mentioned stating that overeating sugar is definitely the sole and direct cause of type 2 diabetes? This is the eleventh time asking. If you can't find any, just say so.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Sugar causes insulin resistance, which causes diabetes...
Not the same thing. Where are those sources stating that overeating sugar is definitely the sole and direct cause of type 2 diabetes?

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
Sugar causes insulin resistance, which causes diabetes...
Here Phoenix, I will help you out far more than you actually deserve. I'll treat you like how I have to handle some of the overly technical people at work and write out your message for you. All you have to do is literally copy-paste the following into your own email post:

I was wrong when I said that overeating sugar was the sole and direct cause of type 2 diabetes. I have learned that it is one of, maybe even the largest of, direct causes, but there are other factors in play as well. I apologize for dragging this unnecessary argument out over so many pages.
Avnger's Guide to Owning Your Fuckups

1. Openly admit you were wrong
2. State what you learned or will do to prevent it from happening again
3. Apologize for how you specifically impacted other individuals

Last edited: