Funny Events of the "Woke" world

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
So where are they? If you can't find any, just say so. This is about the sixteenth time asking, and I've still only received waffle, deflection, and sources saying other stuff in response.
If you choose a small enough font, you could put that as your avatar and not have to type it out over and over.

Reactions: Silvanus

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
No, you have yet to give me a single source supporting your claim that overeating sugar is definitely the sole and direct cause of type 2 diabetes. You gave us two sources saying different, much less extreme things, but none that supported your central claim.

So where are they? If you can't find any, just say so. This is about the sixteenth time asking, and I've still only received waffle, deflection, and sources saying other stuff in response.
I literally showed you the proof of the body mechanisms that cause insulin resistance.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
I literally showed you the proof of the body mechanisms that cause insulin resistance.
Which isn't what I asked for, since that doesn't prove your claim.

Where are your sources for the claim that overeating sugar is the sole and direct cause of type 2 diabetes?

Just say if you can't find any.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Which isn't what I asked for, since that doesn't prove your claim.

Where are your sources for the claim that overeating sugar is the sole and direct cause of type 2 diabetes?

Wait, the processes the body actually uses to process sugar is worse evidence that someone just saying something that they can't explain to you the reasoning?

You're gonna be like Neo learning the about the matrix for the 1st time when you actually learn what causes heart disease.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
Yeah, reading the actual article, I'm not seeing the problem with them asking this.

Are you reinforcing any negative gender stereotypes?

• Are you unnecessarily introducing gender & gender barriers into your code or design?
  • Are you creating playable female characters that are equal in skill and ability to their male peers. Are your female characters equipped with clothing and armor that fits their tasks? Do they have exaggerated body proportions?
  • When the story allows, do you show male characters who display a full range of emotions, including joy, sadness, and vulnerability?
1. The average gamer who isn't on their fucking phone playing games is a man. So therefore gaming should have a slight bias towards men.

2. I agree with the first part even if in real life women's strength > men's strength(all things being equal, generally). The second part shouldn't matter, games are unrealistic, and it's up to the gaming director to decide, however, some groups like ESG groups and activist outsiders are pressuring game creators in the West, and right now trying to do so in the East(Japan). ESG is a form of influence by Black Rock, State Street, and Vanguard to make their game as woke/socially liberal as possible. As for "exaggerated body proportions" yeah games are not realistic do I want to look at an overweight average world citizen given that 44% of them are overweight thanks to the world getting richer, and US-driven HFCS exports no screw that. It's funny the US has fewer people overweight than the average country at 3% Edit(fewer overweight people). Also, aren't most games a release from reality?

3. Depends on how good the story is given aggregated reviews. No games are not subjective the use base determines whether it's good or not.

Last edited:

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Wait, the processes the body actually uses to process sugar is worse evidence [...]
Not interested in your amateur analysis.

Where are your sources for the claim that overeating sugar is the sole and direct cause of type 2 diabetes? The sources you provided simply do not say that.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009

This is who runs gaming companies.
No, corrupt CEO's who fire thousands of developers to keep their million dollar bonuses run gaming companies. Flick a booger in any direction and it'll hit a game from 2023 with a hot girl in it, even the games the dreaded Sweet Baby Inc apparently consulted on have hot girls in them - get the fuck over this delusional persecution.

Reactions: bluegate

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
No, corrupt CEO's who fire thousands of developers to keep their million dollar bonuses run gaming companies. Flick a booger in any direction and it'll hit a game from 2023 with a hot girl in it, even the games the dreaded Sweet Baby Inc apparently consulted on have hot girls in them - get the fuck over this delusional persecution.
ESG-run companies are made up of investors.

Edit: They are who run the companies. Management reports to them.

Last edited:

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
ESG-run companies are made up of investors.

Edit: They are who run the companies. Management reports to them.
Why did you single out "ESG-run companies" rather than all publicly traded companies? Do you believe non-"ESG-run" companies (public or private) aren't beholden to investors? Also, how does one identify an "ESG-run" company from a non-"ESG-run" company?

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
Why did you single out "ESG-run companies" rather than all publicly traded companies? Do you believe non-"ESG-run" companies (public or private) aren't beholden to investors? Also, how does one identify an "ESG-run" company from a non-"ESG-run" company?
Well, it's a Spectrum, generally, the more niche the product is the less ESG is there, and the more Asian it is the less ESG. AAA games in the West are all investor-run, and likely ESG-run. Japan, Asia, not so much.

And literally every Sweet Baby AAA game. Also, it's a complex topic. For example

According to Ethos ESG, Electronic Arts (EA) has an impact score of C (56). EA's ESG risk ratings are:
  • Environment Risk Score: 0.1
  • Social Risk Score: 8.4
So yeah the higher the social risk score the worse the game is.

Also want to add the bigger the company, like Microsoft for example, the worse their AAA products, and AA products are.

Edit: Can I give you a journal article on it no, but can I give you examples Yes.

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
Well, it's a Spectrum, generally, the more niche the product is the less ESG is there, and the more Asian it is the less ESG. AAA games in the West are all investor-run, and likely ESG-run. Japan, Asia, not so much.

And literally every Sweet Baby AAA game. Also, it's a complex topic. For example

According to Ethos ESG, Electronic Arts (EA) has an impact score of C (56). EA's ESG risk ratings are:

Also want to add the bigger the company, like Microsoft for example, the worse their AAA products, and AA products are.

Edit: Can I give you a journal article on it no, but can I give you examples Yes.
So it's based on feelings and what you're told on social media, essentially...

Casual Shinji

Legacy
Jul 18, 2009

... And?

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
The perfect response to this whole Sweet Baby Inc. outrage.
I just gave you a straightforward answer, it's like the birthrate for example. Multiple factors go into it. There is no single metric that answers why a game is more of an ESG-run, western, socially liberal, AAA game with ugly faces that aren't geometrically symmetric, and or are overweight. Bonus points if they are the protagonist.

Casual Shinji

Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I just gave you a straightforward answer, it's like the birthrate for example. Multiple factors go into it. There is no single metric that answers why a game is more of an ESG-run, western, socially liberal, AAA game with ugly faces that aren't geometrically symmetric, and or are overweight. Bonus points if they are the protagonist.
200w (6).gif

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
By the way, I don't go to games to validate my existence. I am a skinny 5'6" Asian man with 2 mental health problems. Schizoaffective, and SCT/CDD. If they put me in a game that isn't character-customizable. I will rant about it too. Because games are meant to be an escape from this hellscape we call a world.

But I don't blame people for being overweight(Too many unhealthy food ads), They are victims of corporate America.

Nor do I blame people for being non-geometrically symmetric or short or too tall. You mostly can't control that either. But why do we have to celebrate it?

Casual Shinji

Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
By the way, I don't go to games to validate my existence. I am a skinny 5'6" Asian man with 2 mental health problems. Schizoaffective, and SCT/CDD. If they put me in a game that isn't character-customizable. I will rant about it too. Because games are meant to be an escape from this hellscape we call a world.

But I don't blame people for being overweight(Too many unhealthy food ads), They are victims of corporate America.

Nor do I blame people for being non-geometrically symmetric or short or too tall. You mostly can't control that either. But why do we have to celebrate it?
Things exist in the real world. Some games show things from real world existing.

So simple, even an infant can understand.