Shower Thoughts MK2

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Is this a common issue for you? Being unable to determine if you are asleep or awake? And what if you just made a mistake?
Well, no, never done in when I'm awake, but sometimes I want to prove that the dream I'm in isn't a dream and doesn't have to be taken seriously. Not had troubles with mistakes yet.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Well, no, never done in when I'm awake, but sometimes I want to prove that the dream I'm in isn't a dream and doesn't have to be taken seriously. Not had troubles with mistakes yet.
Ah, it never occurs to me while in a dream to check whether it's a dream. There was a time that for a couple weeks when I was trying to train myself to lucid dream I would regularly look at my hands and do a reality check and that was enough to immediately realize it was a dream on the couple of successes I had. I gave up on it pretty quickly as not worth the effort as the dream would always quickly change again and I'd lose track or I'd just wake up. Now I'm content to simply act my part in whatever play my subconscious is putting on for me, even the apocalyptic ones where the moon crashes into the earth or something.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Came across a comic on FB a while ago that made a good point. Base 10 is a pretty rubbish description, because base anything would be written with a 1 and a 0 in that base system.

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
Came across a comic on FB a while ago that made a good point. Base 10 is a pretty rubbish description, because base anything would be written with a 1 and a 0 in that base system.
To be fair, that assumes the use of place-value notation, the use of place holders, and zero as a place holder. One counter examples is Chinese/Japanese/Sino-Vietnamese numerals (which don't use place holders, the only time they use zero in their notation is when a number is exactly equal to zero).

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I discovered and know why I love isekai like El Hazard: The Magnificent World, Monster Rancher, Digimon Adventure (even 02, Tamers [when they go to the digital world in the second half], and Frontiers) so much. They have something many modern isekai lack: a sense of actual wonder, discovery, and most importantly, the adventure itself. Many isekai today are just too corporate driven and copies of a copy, copying another copy that's ultra derivative. Nearly everything else feels flat, all glitter, no soul, or is just another lame and cardboard cut out harem with nothing else going on. I'm watching El Hazard: Wanderers right now on YouTube (I just ordered the blu ray on Crunchy roll for $25), and even it still carries those three important aspects I listed, even though the anime is on a cheaper budget.