The Shattered Elden Ring Thread: Tarnished Edition - (Shadow of the Erdtree p. 85)

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
Sorry, I forgot to respond to this.

Thank you, I'm aware that NG+ doesn't start right away, but I also don't know what triggers it or how to trigger it, and am acutely aware that FROM loves having players walk unawares into permanent/binding decisions they may not even be aware they're making, so have taken the precaution to simply keep myself safely in NG until I get at least a taste of the DLC.

That, and I'm quietly dreading the gauntlet that is the "both or none" of Radagon and the Elden Beast. Two bosses at once, I'm used to, but two bosses in a row feels like it's going to be a particularly draining experience. I can't imagine the kick in the nuts it's going to be to finally get passed Radagon, only to have the Elden Beast have me in a corner with minimal flasks and likely any summons dead.
It’ll be an option when resting at a grace. Actually quite fool proof this time. Another thing would be if you want to save scum endings, save/quit game from menu and make a USB backup after beating Elden Beast so you can choose the other options if you’ve done those quest lines.

Having good holy resistance on hand will help a lot with the beast, but otherwise Radagon hits harder. Your mimic should help keep him busy while waiting for openings. Don’t get greedy as he can retaliate like he don’t give a F with that hammer and his grab. Beast is really an easier fight once you know how to avoid its attacks but it could take longer due to higher health and the fact it makes you chase it all over the place.

Good luck skeleton; you’re almost Elden Lord!

Last edited:
Reactions: Xprimentyl
Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
Wait, what? I can save my Elden Ring save files to a USB?? From my Xbox?? AND upload them again and start from previous save states??
I’ve done it on PS4 (back when USB saves were still allowed ant least) and recently on PC. Sounds like Xbox is possibly trickier with the way the cloud system backs up data, but one of these might be helpful -

I’ve never tried on Xbox though so these methods are purely up to your own discretion. I do think it’s pretty scummy (pun intended) that both console makers apparently don’t allow USB save backups anymore. Ironically it’s probably somewhat due to the save data being abused between different accounts, but if that’s the case then idk why the console can’t just block save data from different accounts. Not like everything isn’t already being tracked anyways *Insert Jackie Chan confused meme*

Last edited:

Old_Hunter_77

Elite Member
Dec 29, 2021
Country
United States
Oh I'm a big fan of the USB save spam thing. It's how I got my Bloodborne platinum.

Old_Hunter_77

Elite Member
Dec 29, 2021
Country
United States
Remember those folks that did that Bloodborne PS1 demake?

Well, obviously the next step was to turn that into a kart racer
I think this is a re-launch because I remember there being a Bloodborne Kart that they then had to change the name and references because Sony or FromSoftware went after them.

Reactions: BrawlMan
Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
I think this is a re-launch because I remember there being a Bloodborne Kart that they then had to change the name and references because Sony or FromSoftware went after them.
It was Sony -

They’re really like an overbearing mother with this IP, stunting its potential growth and nourishment while it withers away in a basement.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States

Won’t have to close my eyes anymore. That’s as far as I care to venture into spoiler territory the next 16 days.
Man, fans must be super excited for stuff like this to be making "news." But kudos for the devs adding DLC from the opening idents all the way through to the core game, I guess? I wonder how much of the $40 asking price this update ate up...

But it'd be such a FROM move to make that change, then make the subsequent "FROMsoftware" ident screen neon yellow and unskippable.

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
Man, fans must be super excited for stuff like this to be making "news." But kudos for the devs adding DLC from the opening idents all the way through to the core game, I guess? I wonder how much of the $40 asking price this update ate up...

But it'd be such a FROM move to make that change, then make the subsequent "FROMsoftware" ident screen neon yellow and unskippable.
It was just a Reddit sorta joke post because this was a thing -

Reactions: Xprimentyl
Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
To trophies? No interest. I didn't wanna play anyway because I hated ER but I would have got all the trophies to keep the 100% on my profile.

But now I don't have to bother so yay me.
What did you do before trophies? Also could’ve sworn recently there were some games you played and didn’t wanna finish, unless that was PC.

Anyways while I’m surprised it doesn’t have any there’s something refreshingly old school about it IMO.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
What did you do before trophies?
I was a stupid kid who didn't know any better!

Also could’ve sworn recently there were some games you played and didn’t wanna finish, unless that was PC.
There are a lot of games I dont wanna finish. I didn't wanna finish Stellar Blade, but I did....three times.
Legit there are games I dont finish, like Unicorn overlord, Zelda games, bad games, most indies.

I don't beat everything, and I dont trophy hunt everything. I usually only do it if I feel the list is reasonable.

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
I was a stupid kid who didn't know any better!

There are a lot of games I dont wanna finish. I didn't wanna finish Stellar Blade, but I did....three times.
Legit there are games I dont finish, like Unicorn overlord, Zelda games, bad games, most indies.

I don't beat everything, and I dont trophy hunt everything. I usually only do it if I feel the list is reasonable.
With that, was more wondering how your profile is 100%.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
With that, was more wondering how your profile is 100%.
Elden Ring on my profile is 100%. When DLC gets added with trophies than 100% would drop to whatever number the DLC adds. So i would have to platinum the DLC to keep the game on my profile at 100%

1717949797269.png

1717949832038.png

For example, I have the Platinum for AC Origins, but the DLC pulled my profile from 100% for the game.

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker2
Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
Elden Ring on my profile is 100%. When DLC gets added with trophies than 100% would drop to whatever number the DLC adds. So i would have to platinum the DLC to keep the game on my profile at 100%

View attachment 11296

View attachment 11297

For example, I have the Platinum for AC Origins, but the DLC pulled my profile from 100% for the game.
Ahh, at first I thought you meant your total PSN profile, which would be kinda insane.

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
Good timing on Vaati’s part considering the implications with the dlc themes (he paused comments for the week too, but nothing spoilery in the vid) -

Best boss of the base game too.

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
The Land of Shadow has revealed itself -

They mostly criticized potentially dozens of hours of content being very obscurely hidden, and the final boss being frustratingly difficult. Although saying it’s “the whole "Isshin Sword Saint" problem” could mean anything, as I *eventually* loved that fight.

Rurikhan’s been outspokenly critical of the base game so eh, we’ll see.

Last edited: