Gaming Showcase 2024

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
Well in a few hours SGF 2024 will happen. For the most part, SGF has been a much better experience that E3. Just hope no uneceesary shit takes a time slot, like this one from SGF 2022:

Reactions: BrawlMan

Old_Hunter_77

Elite Member
Dec 29, 2021
Country
United States
Well in a few hours SGF 2024 will happen. For the most part, SGF has been a much better experience that E3. Just hope no uneceesary shit takes a time slot, like this one from SGF 2022:
Are you kidding? This kind of mess is the reason why I've actually schedule today to live stream this (via Second Wind). Gimme Al Pacino squinting and yelling about his grandkids, gimme Jordan Peele and Hideo Kojima slowly draining the goodwill they've built over the years by standing there awkwardly forever, gimme curly haired flute guy playing his little balls off to some Legend of Zelda soundtrack, gimme Keighley trolling the everlivingcrap out of everybody by talking to muppets.

You can see trailers any time, this kind of stupid is what makes live events fun!

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Dbz Sparking zero is releasing Oct 11th.

New Civ game

Horizon Lego Game.

So far Summer games is okay.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
Alright, here we go with SGF 2024!

We start off with Jeff Keighley opening the show. He always seems to be energetic w/o being too cringy. He acknowledges all the layoffs, and how publishers need to respect the devs. Shots fired, what's your excuse, Microsoft?

The first is Lego Horizon Adventures, a Horizon game with.... Legos. I mean the Lego models for the machies look great, but I feel it's milking the mediocre game

No More Room in Hell 2 is yet another co-op zombie survival horror game.. It reminds me of L4D or B4B, but not as fast-paced. Looks okay

HP quidditch champions. Ehh.

Cuffbust, a 20-player prison escape game made by one guy. Not only does it look hilarious, but it's kinda amazing it's done by one guy. Hoepfully it doesn't become one of those "streamer" games.

Closer look at SW Outlaws. Okay, the environment looks amazing, which I think is something Ubisoft always did well. But i'm sure they are gonna fuck up what you do in these environments

Neva. Holy crap, this game looks beautiful, just like Gris! But I swear if the dog dies in the end....

Civilization 7! Hoping Christopher Tin does the soundtrack again! Can't wait for Gandhi to nuke me.

Black Myth Wukong now has release date. I mean the game looks good, but Im pretty sure I an not getting it at the launch

Asgard's Wrath. A VR game. Moving on

Once Human. An open-world post apocalypse co-op game. Ehhh

Warhammer 40k Space Marine 2 continues to look amazing. Coming this September!

Metaphor. I am not questioning if the gameplay will look good, but I wonder what exactly makes this game different from Persona games?

Arhkan Shadow. Sigh..... This one hurts to look. Kevin Conry isn't with us anymore, and it's an effing VR game. It really hurts.

SF6 will have some characters from fatal fury, as well as M. Bison returning

Tears of Metal. Not my cup of tea, but I can see lots of people enjoying it

DBZ: Sparking Zero. We now have a destructible environment. Like, a building collapse if a fighter crashes into it. And so many roasters too!

Delta Force: Hawk Ops. I lost interest as soon as f2p was mentioned. It will also have premum campaign, recreating the Black Hawk Down scenes.

Speaking of Which, Fatal Fury is getting a new game.

Battle Crash, a battle royale brawler

Mecha Break. Huh You sure it's not Gundam or Armored Core?

Blumehouse, the horror movie studio, wants to take a crack at not one, not two, not three, not four, but FIVE horror games. I mean holy shit I love how they all look, but you guys sure all of these can be handled? Also the presenters fumbled there for a moment.

Rita's rewind, a new Power Ranger game! @BrawlMan, You might wanna keep your eyes on this. Looks like a great brawler game.

Deer and Boy. I mean one of them is definitely gonna die at the end.

Kingdom Come Deliverance 2 gameplay. Looks really good!

Sliter head, a new game from Silent Hill Creator. Basically you posesse random NPCs to fight monsters.

Killer bean. Wait, I thought this thing was just a meme? Regardless, the game looks fun and self-aware. One-man developer, too!

Carin, a mountain clibing game. Really giving me the celeste vibe

Wanderstop. Kinda hard to comment on.

Unknown 9 Awakeinging. Interesting world-building

Monster Hunter Stories.ehhh

Entoria The Last Song. So it looks like you can collect masks from bosses, and add their powers as your own?

Among Us TV show? Oh it's a animated series.

Sonic x Shawod Generations. Actually looks fun

Dune Awakening now is an alternative universe, where Paul was born as a girl. And it's not just a gender-swap world; It actually leads to a decent waht-if scenario.

Battle Aces. an RTS made by a Korean dev. And oh boy, there's something poetic about an RTS game being made by people known for being amazing at Starcraft

Night Springs. It's an AW2 expansion. Looks really fun

New World Aeternum, I think it's a relaunch of Amazon's failed MMO, now coming to consoles. Good luck with that! /s

Dark and Darker. This game is actually coming out after all that drama. But it's an f2p, so it's pass for me.

Kunitsu-Gami, a new game from Capcom. It definitely feels different from their past games

Hyper Light Breaker. Looks great!

Party Animals. I wonder what exactly is the focus here?

New Skate game. Might grab it soon

Palworld is getting a new expansion.

Fuck Valorant

It's 1:47 into the SGF, and I can see that all the good stuff was pushed at the beginning. Right now it's some bs product ads, cringy skit for a mobile game, and just.... wtf.

Luckily, we got back to actual games. Monster Hunter Wilds. I guess our heroes now have voices?

Lastly, we have phantom blade zero. Yet another sekiro/souls-esque game. Kinda skeptical on this one, as every non-Fromsoft soulikes are always hit or miss.

Overall, this was a pretty damn good show. There were some weird moments and some parts just dragged on, but many games looked at least decent.

Reactions: meiam

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Tenjutsu
In Tenjutsu, you play as a renegade yakuza hellbent on defying her former associates and loosening their grip on the Secret Garden City. Revealed at this year's Devolver Direct, this fast and fluid rogue-jutsu is the latest game from Sébastien Benard, designer of the acclaimed Dead Cells.Four powerful crime syndicates control the city, ruling with an iron fist. To defeat them, you must master a brutal brawling system and build a diverse arsenal of weapons, upgrades, and martial arts techniques, breaking their hold on the streets in a flurry of violence.The city is reborn as these sinister organizations fall to your fists, tackled in any order you wish. The ruined streets become vibrant and full of life, and you can spend gathered resources in shops and restaurants to help you on your quest.Shape the city to fit your play style, unlocking new weapons, combat moves, and new areas. Just don't take too long: the longer you spend preparing, the stronger your enemies will become.
I've noticed we've been getting more rouge-lite brawlers since the success of SOR4's Mr. X's Nightmare Mode and the Shredder's Revenge Dimension Shell-shock. Then Double Dragon Gaiden. It's great to see more developers experiment with this gameplay style.

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker2

Old_Hunter_77

Elite Member
Dec 29, 2021
Country
United States
So far the Latin American Games showcase was the best one. A lot of the games were of course retro and nostalgia but had fun twists and a lot of great energy and creativity. Plus the show case was well-paced even though it was long.

The main Keighley one was only 2 hours and while nothing stood out in terms of actual games- as expected, we knew this would be a slow year- I respect the actual event was modest to match, with only one dragging part for Valorant who must have paid a million trillion dollars for that.
The highlights were the makers of Among Us who have a bunch of games and a new horror studio that's also doing a bunch of different horror games which is a neat idea.

Devolver and the Women-led showcases were a bit disappointing I was really hoping for some more OOMPH coming from them. The other indy showcases just kind of all are one big mush of content I can't remember any of it after having slept.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
Alright, good ol' Xbox is up next in about few hours, with Bethesda and COD.

TBH I really don't have too much hope for the Xbox originals. I think there will be more excitement for Bethesda and COD games.

Supposedly Bethesda is gonna showcase the next Doom game, tease the next fallout game, and even something about remaster of one of their older games? Doom game sounds most realistic. As for COD.... Well we all know it attracts certain breeds of gamers, which makes up a quite a huge playerbase

Phil Spencer is welcome to prove me wrong and backtrack on what he said about exclusives, but I doubt that

I'm also seeing rumors of EA games sneaking in there.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
There were a ton of games showcased in quick succession, kinda like Eurovision, and like Eurovision the individual entries blurred together in my mind.

Eriksholm stuck out to me, mostly on account of being a game that actually was trying to have good graphics, and I'd argue they succeeded.

Between this, Desperados 3, Last Train Home, Brothers: A tale of two sons and Wasteland 3 I'd argue that narrative games with similar perspective as isometric games of yesteryear is coming into its own.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Between this, Desperados 3, Last Train Home, Brothers: A tale of two sons and Wasteland 3 I'd argue that narrative games with similar perspective as isometric games of yesteryear is coming into its own.
Good. The more variety, the better. It shows that there's place for these as always. Not my style of games, but I am glad they exist.

Shadow of the Ninja Reborn Demo is on Steam Asia only! Damn it!

Last edited:
Reactions: hanselthecaretaker2

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
Here we go, going into Xbox with very little expectations. Presented by Mr. Spencer

And we start immediately with Black Ops 6. The game is set in the early 90s, right after the fall of Soviet Union. Adler is alive, Woods is crippled from BO2, and it looks like the game will take place inside US, to stop some sort of terrorist invasion. The graphics looks about the same (go figure), and I'm starting to think BO-verse is starting to get more convoluted with each installment.

Right after that, we have the new doom game! Dark Age is apparently a prequel? And holy shit it looks awesome! We now have saw blade shield which be used to stun and parry. Coming in2024

State of Decay 3. Not really my thing, but I can see it would be liked by some people.

And we got a new look at Dragon Age: Veilguard. The companions look like a colorful cast. No gameplay, though. IDK I think it doesn't have that dark fantasy theme anymore.

Starfield Expansion, Shattered Space. Bethesda is also droppoig some free content tonight. It's gonna be a pass for me.

Something new for Fallout AAANNNDDD It's FO76 expansion, skyline valley. Just No

Expedition 33, Actually something new from Xbox? And it's exclusive? And it's a turn-based RPG? I'm sorry this completely caught me off-guard. And it looks decent too.

South of Midnight. Again with an actual exclusive. The combat looks very akin to the likes of arkham games. The environment looks pretty good too. The cutscenes are trying to replicate stop-motion, and I think that was a unique choice.

Any now we have something from....ugh, Blizzard. Cinematich for WOW War within. At the very least Blizz knows how to make a cinematics.

More look at MGS3 Delta! The voicelines are exactly the same, but now with remade graphics! It looks SO BEAUTIFUL! But since this is still Konami I would advise everyone to stay cool.

Sea Of Thieves new season. Whatever, but it's not to see the devs actually keep adding stuff

Flintlock the Siege of Dawn, supposed to be a souls-like, just lot more fast-paced. Xbox Exclusive

Age of Mythology Retold. Holy crap.

And we actually got a new look at Perfect Dark reboot! Lots of parkour, gadgets, stealth, and good ol future setting. I'm actually surprised we got to see this. But of course, there is no subtitle and is just called Perfect Dark. Why do reboots do this?

Diablo IV: Vessel of Hatred opening cinematic. It looks like it's picking up right after the end of the base game, and of course is set at Kurast. Nayrelle is desperately trying to fight off the effects of soulstone. And Mephisto looks terrifying.

Fable reboot. the environment looks so friggin good. But the protagonist still has that weird look. The combat looks decent enough, but where's all the blood? Unless it's gonna be rated T?

Frag Punk Live service hero-shooter. HARD PASS

Winter Burrow. Looks a lot like Don't Starve. But the picturebook art style looks amazing!

Mixtape, a game about group of teenagers going off on an adventure. The art style looks great, and it will have great soundtracks.

Update to Microsoft Flight Simulator. This update will let you fly career-related aircrafts, such as farming, rescue, commercial, military cargo, aerial advertisement, etc.

Elder Scrolls Online celebrates its 10 years. whatever.

Life is Strange Double Exposure. Now you are solving a murder mystery but jumping between two timelines

And now we have Indiana Jones game. The game environment looks great, but I am still ticked off by the first person view, save forthe cinematics. Hmm, he still looks like Harrison Ford, but something feels off. At least the cinematics still feel like scenes from the movies.

Mecha Break. Didn't we just see this from the other showcase?

Wuchang, the Fallen Feathers. Huh. Why do I get the feeling this was made specifically to compete with stellar blade?

Avowed from Obsidian. Hmm. it still doesn't look quite right IMO

Atomfall, a post-apocalypse game set in UK. Huh....

And AC Shwadows is in.... Xbox Showcase? Naoe very much looks like a traditional assassin. Yasuke feels like Jin Sakai, minus the ghost abilities. In fact the game looks like a lesser version of Ghost Of Tsushima, just splitting Jin Sakai into two characters.

STALKER 2. It looks really good, now with bit more supernatural stuff

New versions of current Xbox consoles, now dgitial-only. Really?

And the showcase ends with a new Gears of Ward, E-day. I think it's supposed to start younger Marcus and Dom?

ANNNDDDD That was it for Xbox showcase. Overall, there were more exclusives (in the sense of coming to Xbox and PC) than I had expected, not from Bethesda or Blizzard.

Last edited: