Funny events in anti-woke world

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
There's people blaming unreal engine being shit in performance because they are pushing diversity, I guess in the coding somehow?

People's brains have successfully been melted by the social media culture wars. All is going according to plan.
Well clearly it's bad because Epic hired women, and some of those women helped code the engine. Now the engine is shit because everyone knows women can't code or do anything other than cook and have babies.

Reactions: Agema and bluegate

Satinavian

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2016
There's people blaming unreal engine being shit in performance because they are pushing diversity, I guess in the coding somehow?

People's brains have successfully been melted by the social media culture wars. All is going according to plan.
I actually have the feeling that the culture war is slowing down because people lose interest. And all those grifters making money of it are more and more desperate to find anything that gets attention or create outrage.

Reactions: bluegate

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
Which I always find funny, because...

Yeah, but the fucking language named after her (yes, I'm aware she played no part in creating it, and in fact had been long dead before the idea to create said language ever came about)... It's like Pascal, but worse in most ways. Was required to take a semester in it for my bachelor's, some sort of grant from the DOD where they paid the school a bunch of money to include a semester of Ada.

Agema

Do everything and feel nothing
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Well clearly it's bad because Epic hired women, and some of those women helped code the engine. Now the engine is shit because everyone knows women can't code or do anything other than cook and have babies.
This reminds me of reading the Steam forums recently, and the comments that keep dropping into them along the lines of "I don't mind the dragons and wizards casting fireballs and dimensional gates and stuff, but the women are completely unbelievable. It's ridiculous to think they can wear armour and swing a sword in a fight. Games need more REAL women."

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008

I normally hate this level of Twitter drama, and I still do, but this scrolled through a discord and at least made me laugh.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
We're literally talking about ending expansions brought in during Covid.

They chose to use 130% of the poverty level, yes. So what? Are you seriously going to argue that nobody from a family earning above 130% can be needy... because the government isn't feeding them? Do you not see how this is circular logic?
Temporary expansions...

I'm not gonna try to define needy. Per the government, there are no needy kids not getting lunch because of the ending of the temporary pandemic policies. And again, kids above 130% can get reduced lunches so it's not just 130% or nada.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

I normally hate this level of Twitter drama, and I still do, but this scrolled through a discord and at least made me laugh.
"Political" = "does anything other than make me feel awesome for being an American"

Which, considering that I've heard it takes place during the "Operation Iraqi Liberation Freedom" era, well, ha ha charade you are.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Temporary expansions...
...that could be continued.

I'm not gonna try to define needy. Per the government, there are no needy kids not getting lunch because of the ending of the temporary pandemic policies.
So in short: if the government says there's no problem, then there's no problem?

And again, kids above 130% can get reduced lunches so it's not just 130% or nada.
Shifted goalposts.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
...that could be continued.

So in short: if the government says there's no problem, then there's no problem?

Shifted goalposts.
It literally has pandemic in the name, we are not in a pandemic.

I'm not going to get in some long drawn out exchange over what income level is needy and not needy. You don't seem to have a problem when the government says things that agree with you and then cite what they say as proof you are right.

I'm just pointing out you don't need to be in the 130% income rate to get assistance.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
It literally has pandemic in the name, we are not in a pandemic.
OK, but that's not an argument for why we shouldn't feed more kids.

I'm not going to get in some long drawn out exchange over what income level is needy and not needy.
No, you're just going to assume that if a system is in place, then it must be completely correct and have zero pitfalls or problems. When it's convenient to assume that, of course.

I'm just pointing out you don't need to be in the 130% income rate to get assistance.
Yes, an attempt to shift the argument.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
OK, but that's not an argument for why we shouldn't feed more kids.

No, you're just going to assume that if a system is in place, then it must be completely correct and have zero pitfalls or problems. When it's convenient to assume that, of course.

Yes, an attempt to shift the argument.
Not all kids need free meals.

If you're gonna cite government regulations/recommendations at me and act like they prove your point, you gotta then agree when it doesn't agree with you.

Not really, if a kid's household is needy and reducing the lunch cost makes the kid no longer needy, then that kid is no longer needing help with food.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Not all kids need free meals.
A lot more kids than only those from families on under 130% of the poverty level, in ~78% of schools, do.

If you're gonna cite government regulations/recommendations at me and act like they prove your point, you gotta then agree when it doesn't agree with you.
Ok, but i'm not doing that. No part of my argument relies on the existing system being flawless, whereas that seems to be your entire approach.

Not really, if a kid's household is needy and reducing the lunch cost makes the kid no longer needy, then that kid is no longer needing help with food.
I'd like to stay on topic, please.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
A lot more kids than only those from families on under 130% of the poverty level, in ~78% of schools, do.

Ok, but i'm not doing that. No part of my argument relies on the existing system being flawless, whereas that seems to be your entire approach.

I'd like to stay on topic, please.
Uhh... Stay on topic... If I can't say kids get reduced lunches past 130%, you can't say kids over that are needy.

Again, I'm not here to debate what is needy and what isn't. Plus, the only assistance being given for food for kids isn't just school lunches. Per the government definition, no needy kid is not getting free lunch over ending pandemic policy.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Uhh... Stay on topic... If I can't say kids get reduced lunches past 130%, you can't say kids over that are needy.
If you can't shift the topic of conversation off free school meals, then I'm not allowed to argue that a policy has any flaws or oversights? What kind of batshit moon logic is this?

Again, I'm not here to debate what is needy and what isn't.
I know you're not; you're here to just insist that everyone must accept the one you want to use, and which happens to align perfectly with the system in place and therefore exonerates it of any flaws or oversights.

To be perfectly clear: there is no federal definition of "needy".

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Biden got a mysterious drink.

It should go well with his mysterious shoes

Reactions: Kwak

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
A video discussing and debunking pro-natalists and the under-population conspiracy.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
gravity spiral into chaos void trajectory remains inevitable unstoppable mass suicide in free marketplace of realities

Dark money news outlets outpacing local daily newspapers

computer

Illustration: Sarah Grillo/Axios

The number of partisan-backed outlets designed to look like impartial news outlets has officially surpassed the number of real, local daily newspapers in the U.S., according to a new analysis.

Why it matters: Many of those sites are targeted to swing states — a clear sign that they're designed to influence politics.

States with the most dark money or misleading local news sites, by 2020 presidential vote margin
As of June 6, 2024; Includes dark money or misleading news sites from Metric Media, Dougan, Local Report, States Newsroom, Courier American Independent, LGIS and AZ FREE NEWS

A scatter plot of States with the most dark money or misleading local news sites vs. their 2020 presidential vote margin. Most states have between 5-20 of these sites, but a group of key swing states including Georgia, Michigan, Florida, Ohio, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin hold an outsized proportion of these sites, between 40 and 70.

2024-06-12-12-20-41-217.jpg
Note: Dark money or misleading local news sites are defined as a site that presents as a neutral outlet, but publishes content reflecting a partisan perspective and either has undisclosed partisan funding or ownership or unknown funding or ownership, but with convincing evidence of ties to partisan groups. Of 1,265 dark money or misleading local news sites, 508 did not have a verified location.

By the numbers: There are at least 1,265 websites identified as being backed by dark money or are intentionally masquerading as local news sites for political purposes, according to a new report from NewsGuard, a misinformation tracking company.

• As of last year, there were only 1,213 daily local newspapers in the U.S. That number may have gone down significantly in the time since, but the researchers who track that data have yet to release an updated figure for 2024.
  • Nearly half (45%) of the sites observed as part of the study were targeted to communities or regions in swing states, according to an Axios analysis of the sites. The most frequently targeted states are Illinois, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, North Carolina, Ohio, Florida, Michigan and Georgia.
Catch up quick: These types of websites are often referred to as "pink slime," a term that originated in the ground beef industry.

• The term has been used for more than a decade to describe politically motivated websites masquerading as independent local news outlets.
Zoom in: There are eight primary organizations that have been identified as supporting most of the sites identified — four lean conservative and four lean progressive.

• The vast majority of the sites observed are backed by Metric Media, a conservative network traced back to media entrepreneur Brian Timpone, who has links to conservative donors.
  • Most of the Metric Media sites don't include much information about the sites' funders or management. The stories typically lack bylines and many are outdated or marked as "press release submissions."
Between the lines: Some of the more strategic sites are run by groups that are more much explicit about their funding and motives, such as Courier Newsroom and States Newsroom.

• Courier News, as Axios has reported, is part of a public benefit corporation backed by billionaires Reid Hoffman and George Soros. It aims to tackle disinformation by funding local newsrooms with a progressive perspective.
  • States Newsroom lists on its website all individual funders who have contributed over $1,000. The group was incubated originally via a left-leaning nonprofit called The Hopewell Fund before spinning out as an independent nonprofit in 2019. States Newsroom has pushed back against NewsGuard's characterization of it as partisan.

The big picture: The rapid decline of local newspapers has left a void that partisan actors on both sides of the political spectrum are eager to exploit.

• The rise of artificial intelligence and new content generation tools have made it easier, faster and cheaper to build and market those outlets online.
  • In the internet era, where so much news and information is distributed through social media and search networks, the quality of a specific site doesn't preclude it from being discovered.
What to watch: While the internet has proven a breeding ground for dark money-backed sites, similar tactics are also being used in print.

• Residents of battleground states, such as Pennsylvania, Illinois, Michigan and Ohio have been targeted by partisan papers masquerading as independent local news outlets.
fake trans shooters shooting trans guns with trans bullets to make everyone trans or dead or trans undead or whatever algorithmic trending hashtag"'s arsehole the reactionaries tried feeding their content mill on this time

Gare and Mia discuss the newest anti-trans conspiracy theory: the false rise in transgender mass shooters.
-

2024-06-12-12-52-21-187.jpg

Pdf: https://t.co/qFfUHnk9Sf

Last edited:
Reactions: crimson5pheonix