General Gaming News.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
So let me get this straight. The Nintendo Ninjas showed up at that dude's doorstep, but instead of suing right away as they're wont to do, they politely asked to stop. Twice.

Dude agreed to stop. Twice.

Dude didn't stop.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Look, it's bullshit that Nintendo's going after modded hardware. Far as I'm concerned, if you buy a thing you should be able to modify it how you please.

But these morons always take the next step in selling pirated games.That'll fuck you up every time

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
Nintendo has ran out of spare parts for the Wii U in Japan. Because of this, they are now unable to repair broken Wii U consoles or peripherals. Repairs in NA had already ended several years ago. Cons
View attachment 11403
Wii offer U our condolences
I would meme along the lines of "and nothing of value was lost", but Wii U did kinda help establish ideas and features for Switch.

Reactions: BrawlMan
Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
Reactions: BrawlMan
Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
Yo it's now officially ok to pirate Xbox games y'all! 👌🙏🤌

"What are we, collectively, as an organism of humans," the AI executive pondered, "other than a knowledge and intellectual production engine?"

Ah yes, what an AI-like response that is. On that note, so then make everything you’re “scraping” free while you’re at it or go fuck yourself you fucking hypocrite.

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
There is a way to pause in FROM games, but you have to go into options and hit the touchpad or whatever the Xbox equivalent is to display menu info. Not as fast or convenient as simply hitting a single button, but it’s there. The passive mp stuff being in real time is probably why, since even doing this workaround will typically break summons. The game can also save/quit wherever and resume at the same point if the player needs a longer break.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
There is a way to pause in FROM games, but you have to go into options and hit the touchpad or whatever the Xbox equivalent is to display menu info. Not as fast or convenient as simply hitting a single button, but it’s there. The passive mp stuff being in real time is probably why, since even doing this workaround will typically break summons. The game can also save/quit wherever and resume at the same point if the player needs a longer break.
Still takes more than necessary, but yeah. It's still inconvenient for certain people or people with certain conditions.

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker2

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
I didn't know this. Thanks.

That said, I generally agree with Stephanie here. I've felt the lack of a pause function has always felt like spite for the sake of spite in the FROM games I've played.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
While I don't disagree with anything she said, I feel like the video is kind of redundant. I'm sure there's a handful of brain-dead elitists who genuinely think accessibility options are bad, but the criticism against Dragon Age is so clearly motivated by the same losers who are calling it woke for whatever reason. Majority of these people have no actual stances or opinions or beliefs, they're just mad because some talking, probably bearded and unwashed, head told them to be mad.

Anyway... ARE there Souls-likes that can't be paused just because FromSoft does it? That does indeed seem super pathetic and lazy if true.

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
I didn't know this. Thanks.

That said, I generally agree with Stephanie here. I've felt the lack of a pause function has always felt like spite for the sake of spite in the FROM games I've played.
It is odd that after so many years and games there’s never been an official statement on it (after googling and only seeing questions and many bs “get gud” responses), but the reasoning is likely the mp/co-op function. There is an actual pause feature in Sekiro and AC6 which don’t have that stuff. Now, why they couldn’t just enable it in offline mode idk, but offline also isn’t considered “standard” per se since the game warns about certain features not being available whenever the network is down or starting from it.

Reactions: Xprimentyl

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

You know, I am kinda pissed because how great this trailer looks:
  1. We don't seem to have a quality Transformers TV show in this style
  2. Blizzard is once again proving to be better animators than game developers
  3. Where are other Decepticons?
  4. These skins may look weird in their 3d model counterparts