meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010

You know, I am kinda pissed because how great this trailer looks:
  1. We don't seem to have a quality Transformers TV show in this style
  2. Blizzard is once again proving to be better animators than game developers
  3. Where are other Decepticons?
  4. These skins may look weird in their 3d model counterparts
Man, name a more iconic duo, Overwatch and being way too late with something.

Reactions: FakeSympathy

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
That's not good. @TheMysteriousGX, not to ruin your day, but you might want to look at this.

Reactions: TheMysteriousGX

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
@BrawlMan
I did not expect this to be in 3D, or announced for a next year release date so soon. We normally only get DD games every 5 years. Thank you. So far, Double Dragon has only the two 2.5D games. We don't talk about that horrible XBLA "remake" of DDII. I am curious to see where this goes. I don't think the game will be better than most of the 2D games, but so long as they've been trying, I am sure it will be good.

Reactions: Chimpzy

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Dark Nintendo awokens

video is age restricted though so would be a lost cause trying to share here

Who is Emio?
Who is Emio teaser showing a man wearing a paper bag with a smile drawn on it.
Nintendo has posted an unusual and unexplained teaser video on its YouTube and social channels, for what appears to be a new horror project.

The teaser features grainy footage of a figure in a trenchcoat wearing a paper bag on their head, with a smiling face drawn on it.

Japanese text at the end of the video translates to "Smiling Man", while text accompanying the video simply states "#WhoIsEmio" - "Emio" being the Japanese pronounciation of "Smiling Man".

The teaser features a Nintendo Switch logo and, in the US version of the video, a mature "M" rating from the ESRB.

Nintendo fans have been quick to comment on the bizarre teaser, which went live at 2pm UK time this afternoon.

"This is extremely weird/out of character for Nintendo," wrote one person on video game forum ResetEra. "The fact it's age restricted and the whole tone of video."

"A new Nintendo Horror IP?" guessed another.

Others suggested this was bizarre viral marketing for Switch 2 (it's not), or that Emio was an unheard-of third Mario brother. (It's-a-me, Emio!)

The promience of the teaser on Nintendo's own channels would typically suggest this is an internal project for Nintendo, which has rarely strayed into the horror genre. We've asked Nintendo for more details.

Time has come for the inevitable squeeze - ppl knew it was coming, even the most vocal denialists: the system does not care beyond what it can briefly fool you into raising their quarterly line graphs for - sad truth is the shareholders are the only customers that matter

Xbox Game Pass getting big changes, ditching day one releases for basic tier
Plus price increases across the board.

Official Call of Duty: Black Ops 6 screenshot showing an enemy in tactical gear

Microsoft has confirmed sweeping changes - including price increases - to its Xbox Game Pass subscription service in the run-up to October's launch of Call of Duty: Black Ops 6, which will include the removal of day one releases for its overhauled basic tier.

As reported by Windows Central, which says Microsoft has now confirmed the details, the first big Game Pass change comes with the imminent closure of Xbox Game Pass for Console. While this will continue to be available to existing members until their subscription expires (notably, from 12th September, Microsoft will only allow users to stack Game Pass for Console for up to 13 months), new users looking for a basic tier package will need to subscribe to Xbox Game Pass Standard, which launches in September.

This costs $14.99/month and includes Xbox Live Gold for multiplayer gaming, plus access to Xbox's back catalogue - but not, crucially, access to first-party releases on day one. That means console players wanting to play Call of Duty: Black Ops 6 via Game Pass when it launches on 25th October will need to subscribe to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.

Ultimate, which will also remain the only Game Pass subscription tier offering access to Xbox Cloud Gaming, is getting a price increase too, with its monthly cost rising from £12.99 / $16.99 to £14.99 / $19.99. Things are a little bit different on PC insofar as PC Game Pass will continue to get day one games, but its price is also increasing - this time from £7.99 / $9.99 per month to £9.99 / $11.99 per month.

There's one additional price increase to note: Xbox Game Pass Core (formerly Xbox Live Gold) will see its annual cost rise from £49.99 / $59.99 to £55.99 / $74.99, but its monthly price remains £6.99 / $9.99. Recurring billing prices for all Game Pass offerings increase from 12th September, according to Windows Central.

All this follows Microsoft's $69bn acquisition of Activision Blizzard last year, and confirmation in May that Call of Duty: Black Ops 6 would be a day one Game Pass release when it launches in October. In response to reports that Microsoft was planning "changes" to Game Pass to take advantage of Black Ops 6's arrival, the company told Eurogamer the game would be "playable on Xbox and PC for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, PC Game Pass, and Xbox Game Pass for Console members" at launch. And that still appears to be true - albeit now with an additional cost, and not if you're a new Xbox Game Pass Standard subscriber.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Time has come for the inevitable squeeze - ppl knew it was coming, even the most vocal denialists: the system does not care beyond what it can briefly fool you into raising their quarterly line graphs for - sad truth is the shareholders are the only customers that matter
Why lead the market with value, when you can gouge your customers the same as everyone else in the sector does?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Reactions: FakeSympathy

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
That's not good. @TheMysteriousGX, not to ruin your day, but you might want to look at this.

I mean, if anybody wants an easy EVO win, 80% of the FGC isn't gonna feel safe going to Saudi fucking Arabia

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Oh hey, it's Bimmy and Jimmy, the Fresh Prince if he had stayed in Philly, and, eh, kinda geting Hector vibes
This the shirtless man with the beige pants is supposed to be Williams. Clearly based off the black version from Double Dragon Neon. The Neon version has an afro though. For some reason this version looks like a gangsta version of Miles Morales from Spider-Verse. The big muscled up dude on the farthest end is clearly Abobo. The costume and character designs reminds me of mid 2000s Sega and Namco arcade games.

Anybody want to spend $30 to vote in The Real Gaming Awards?
Ah, Stuttering Craig. I remember him from Screwattack. Looks like he's trying to get in on that lucrative anti-woke grift, like many other has-beens.
When people like this say they want to "take something back", they usually mean "take it back solely for ourselves, because 'those people' don't deserve it".
I use to like Craig's content back in the Screw Attack days, but I dropped him, a few years before GameTrailers did back in 2012. I was excited to see a familiar face back in 2019, only not too later learned he had jumped on the alt-right/anti-woke bandwagon back in 2021. Why do you assholes do this yourselves? They don't give an actual shit about you or your personality.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Details are limited, but it'll apparently feature modernised controls and difficulty options, plus classic series characters - including the Lee brothers, Roper, and Abobo - all reimagined in 3D. You can get a glimpse its visual overhaul in the screens below.

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker2

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States

The problem for smaller devs as I see it as that they have almost limitless power now available, graphics-wise, but don't have the money to fill that canvas. They can't do the animations, can't do the faces, hair, texture, art direction... So the work ends up being in this crude, janky middle. Realistic in parts, but stiff, ugly.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

The problem for smaller devs as I see it as that they have almost limitless power now available, graphics-wise, but don't have the money to fill that canvas. They can't do the animations, can't do the faces, hair, texture, art direction... So the work ends up being in this crude, janky middle. Realistic in parts, but stiff, ugly.
IGN lying about the Portal. It looks more like parts of MGS3/4 meets Dark Sector meets Vanquish.

No developer is created equally, but I am curious to see how they progress. I'll give them a chance. I like the concept and idea, but they will need much more polish.

Possible new first party Nintendo horror game

I'll get excited when there is actual gameplay. I am glad Nintendo is stepping out of their comfort zone.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Anybody want to spend $30 to vote in The Real Gaming Awards?
Wait, so who are the nominees going to be, just Stellar Blade? Maybe also the guy who modded out all the pride flags from Spider-Man? I'm trying to come up with a list here that would be considered anti-woke (by their standards), and I'm coming up very short. I mean, we can't have black people, we can't have gay people, and we can't have women in active roles that don't dress skimpy and don't have anime faces. So... maybe just some gatcha games?

I use to like Craig's content back in the Screw Attack days, but I dropped him, a few years before GameTrailers did back in 2012. I was excited to see a familiar face back in 2019, only not too later learned he had jumped on the alt-right/anti-woke bandwagon back in 2021. Why do you assholes do this yourselves? They don't give an actual shit about you or your personality.
18Pe.gif

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Wait, so who are the nominees going to be, just Stellar Blade? Maybe also the guy who modded out all the pride flags from Spider-Man? I'm trying to come up with a list here that would be considered anti-woke (by their standards), and I'm coming up very short. I mean, we can't have black people, we can't have gay people, and we can't have women in active roles that don't dress skimpy and don't have anime faces. So... maybe just some gatcha games?
Which is funny, because Craig sure as hell didn't have a problem with women in gaming (skimpy or not), so him finding that an "issue" now shows he as not grown since his ScrewAttack days, and got worse.

Not really worth the blood money, when you're willing to stoop that low. The moment he becomes an inconvenience or show signs of being "weak", his so called "fans & friends" will drop his sorry ass. I can see why Handsome Tome left Craig back in 2009. I hope Tom is doing alright. Craig is hypocritical biatch, because he was one of the first to call out bad DLC practices from the start and was very against that. $30 for an award show? Congrats, you somehow are actually worse than the Game Awards now.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Oh, that's also up to the $30 and up tiers. For a measly $15, you can suggest categories
IMG_3708.jpeg