BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Some of my favorite reveals from Nintendo Direct today:

Glad to see the Mario & Luigi Series back. Metroid Prime 4 is finally here so fans can now shut up about it not coming out.

I did not. I never got around to buying them either.
No worries. Grab these games when they're on a sale. If you have to pick one, then Z2 is best option. It's a $29.99 for digital. The physical copies go cheaper than that sometimes.

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
The title of the video didn't display clearly with the thumbnail and I thought it said, "A Quiet Place: Road Head."
Hey it might very well lead to that somehow. Imagine the tension, not being able to make a sound in a situation such as that. Could make for a thrilling, chilling, spilling good time!

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
Life By You, the forthcoming The Sims competitor, has been cancelled. The 24 people studio Paradox Tectonic that was in charge of it has been closed down.

They said "A version that we’d be satisfied with is too far away ", which reminds me of the time they cancelled Runemaster which was cancelled because they couldn't make it fun, after having spent a lot of time developing it.

Since I used to be something of a Paradox fanboy I want to tell a bit more about the studio in regards to recent releases: they are both a developer and a publisher and have published titles such as Cities Skylines and Pillars of Eternity. One of the titles they published in the past was Magicka from Arrowhead, a co-op game with a humorous tone. They apparently owned the licence, since Magicka 2 was developed by Pieces Interactive. I don't know how well the two Magicka titles sold, but if the amount of reviews on Steam is any indication the Magicka 2 sales were probably significantly lower. Meanwhile, Arrowhead went on and developed other games, most significantly Helldivers 2, which has turned into one of the surprise hits of this year.

In other news, Pieces Interactive closed down yesterday. And one of the previous big names at Paradox, Shams Jorjani, joined Arrowhead as CEO about a month ago.

It looks to me like Paradox is going through a rough patch, releases being cancelled and talented employees leaving for greener pastures.

Reactions: Gyrobot

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Collector's Editions have been a scam for a while now. Especially since more and more don't even come with the game.
Thank you and your welcome. I've been saying this a long while back. Took you long enough to come around. It's even bigger problem when the scalpers come in and do 50% up charge on a collector's edition with no game.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Metroid Prime for its finally here so fans can now shut up about it not coming out.
Never! Since it's got a 2025 release, they can now ***** endlessly about whether to preorder for Switch, or wait for announcement of a Switch successor release

Reactions: BrawlMan

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
Square enix a few month back: "We need to focus more on bigger game that will sell well"

Square enix yesterday: "LeTS ReMaKE aNotHeR SAga GAmE! THeY All SeLL so POOrly"

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Never! Since it's got a 2025 release, they can now ***** endlessly about whether to preorder for Switch, or wait for announcement of a Switch successor release
They better buy this game, since they've been bitching about wanting it for decades.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
They better buy this game, since they've been bitching about wanting it for decades.
Oh, buying is not the issue. Which version is. Preorder Switch version yesterday, or wait for the announcement of the Switch 2 version and preorder that.

This is a very serious decision, dammit!

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
In today "this is why we can't have nice thing" some vultures are suing Valve/steam for controlling PC game price, their reason that people selling trough steam can't sell lower on other platform (true in text, but in practice they can always discount them, see free EGS game that also are on steam). Obviously this is just a bunch of jackass (scientific name: Lawyer) who are hoping valve chose to settle out of court because its cheaper that way.

That stipulation being there, even if there are murky workarounds, in itself is not a "nice thing". So even if the entity suing over it might not be doing it for the best of reasons, they are still highlighting a valid criticism.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
There's also this bit:

Before anyone jumps on the typical "anti-woke" hate train, allowed me to remind you that BG3 offered the same thing, and it got to win the GOTY. Of course it wasn't the only unique thing about BG3, but neither is it here.
Okay so minus the addition of actual boobs and dongs and vaginas, they're returning to the DragonAge 2 template of party fucking? You all remember that right? Aside from the DLC character Sebastian - that very few people liked - it was possible for Hawke of any gender to romance any party member aside from their living sibling or Varric "Bullshit Artist" Tethras. I believe the joke was they were all Hawkesexual.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Okay so minus the addition of actual boobs and dongs and vaginas, they're returning to the DragonAge 2 template of party fucking? You all remember that right? Aside from the DLC character Sebastian - that very few people liked - it was possible for Hawke of any gender to romance any party member aside from their living sibling or Varric "Bullshit Artist" Tethras. I believe the joke was they were all Hawkesexual.
If they have the party members also be into eachother it'll even out. Like how in Baldur's Gate 3 if you turn down Lae'zel she'll be like 'Oh, you're turning down 'this'?! Well fuck you then, I'm shacking up with Astarion.'