General Gaming News.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Wait, so who are the nominees going to be, just Stellar Blade? Maybe also the guy who modded out all the pride flags from Spider-Man? I'm trying to come up with a list here that would be considered anti-woke (by their standards), and I'm coming up very short. I mean, we can't have black people, we can't have gay people, and we can't have women in active roles that don't dress skimpy and don't have anime faces. So... maybe just some gatcha games?
Probably gacha trash and korean mmos yeah. The Last Descendant for "Best Multiplayer Shooter You Can Fap To"
Oh, that's also up to the $30 and up tiers. For a measly $15, you can suggest categories
View attachment 11449
There's actually a 1337 tier? I'm sort of reluctant to mock that since I'm old enough to have lived the leetspeak era, but still: LOL! LMAO even!

Reactions: BrawlMan

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
It's a real "tell us you're out of touch without saying you're out of touch" moment.
It both is and isn't. Sure, 1337 was already getting kinda cringe 20 years ago, but it's also the kind of thing that appeals to that figurative crowd of insecure white suburban middle class dudes pining for the days when nerd culture basically revolved around them.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
that figurative crowd of insecure white suburban middle class dudes pining for the days when nerd culture basically revolved around them.
I'm especially referring to them. Gaming has grown beyond them and they lack the maturity to adapt, so they lash out. They deserve nothing but mockery and scorn until they either grow up or go away.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
It's a real "tell us you're out of touch without saying you're out of touch" moment.
I'm especially referring to them. Gaming has grown beyond them and they lack the maturity to adapt, so they lash out. They deserve nothing but mockery and scorn until they either grow up or go away.
It both is and isn't. Sure, 1337 was already getting kinda cringe 20 years ago, but it's also the kind of thing that appeals to that figurative crowd of insecure white suburban middle class dudes pining for the days when nerd culture basically revolved around them.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
The depths of what Saudi Arabia is trying to sportswash away with their infinite well of oil money
Mia and James take a deep dive into how Saudi Arabia's attempts to get returns on their investments led them to carry out a genocide in Yemen and an Esports tournament in Riyadh.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Sometimes the community notes giveth, sometimes the community notes taketh

View attachment 11462
When corporations say their decisions were made "with community feedback", I imagine it being "we heard everything you've said you don't want us to do and we're going to do those things extra-hard".

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
When corporations say their decisions were made "with community feedback", I imagine it being "we heard everything you've said you don't want us to do and we're going to do those things extra-hard".
I imagine it as them going "As things turned out, the backlash was not substantial enough to hurt our bottom line or hurt our earnings potential so we didn't give a toss about it.".

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020

My prediction for next week's headline: GAME to end in-store sale of games.

Thereby completing its final evolution into a game store that doesn't sell anything, least of all games. Funkos don't count.

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
That's not Tifa :(
No shit. Lidia Is a freaking Virtua Fighter style character. At this point, I think people should stop expecting some type of crossover character in T8. T7 spoiled everybody. You must have forgotten that she got announced months ago.