Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
Remakes of Trails in the Sky with the Kuro engine is insane, but I'm all for it. Trails is at this stage prolly my overall favorite game series full stop, but for newcomers who don't have PCs it was hard getting into it cause the first 3 games are all on pc or psp only if you don't speak Japanese so some people couldn't play em. And some people also don't want to give games that look like 2006 psp games a shot due to their graphics, so now finally people will have an easier time jumping into the best series ever.

And in a series which is made of at this point like 12 connected Jrpgs with direct continuity and plot points spreading throughout all entries to the series, you do wanna start at the beginning.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Aw yeah, aren't you excited to buy old games at above Ebay rates while selling them for a couple buck?

Of course the blue checks in the comments are into it.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US
Reactions: BrawlMan

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy

Concord continues to fail; For comparison, Suicide Squad game currently has 13,459 players. Redfall had a peak player count of 6,124.

Hell, that crappy gollum game from last year had a peak player count of 758. I feel super bad for people who were involved in this in any capacity.
I never even heard of this game at all up until they revealed some lame character designs which looked like they were made intentionally unapealling for some godforsaken reason and then people were making fun of them for that. It was at that low of a level where any attention was good attention for it, but I guess at the end of the day it wasn't enough to make people buy it.

What is it anyways, an overwatch clone? There's so many of those nowadays, the last one I heard of was Valorant. At this point I lose track. Either way, it's no surprise people don't play those cause you could just keep playing overwatch anyways.

Golum was in the so bad it's at least interesting kinda like a train wreck, this is just sad bad.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US
I never even heard of this game at all up until they revealed some lame character designs which looked like they were made intentionally unapealling for some godforsaken reason and then people were making fun of them for that. It was at that low of a level where any attention was good attention for it, but I guess at the end of the day it wasn't enough to make people buy it.

What is it anyways, an overwatch clone? There's so many of those nowadays, the last one I heard of was Valorant. At this point I lose track. Either way, it's no surprise people don't play those cause you could just keep playing overwatch anyways.

Golum was in the so bad it's at least interesting kinda like a train wreck, this is just sad bad.
It's a hero-shooter, with a hint of Destiny. It had around 2.5k peak players during beta, and many pointed out how it had pontentials but was severely flawed, especially for the asking price of $40 AND making it a liver-service game. The marketing for the game was pretty horrid as well, especially this one:

Didn't we already had this song and dance with Lawbreakers? Hero-Shooter? Check. $39.99 price tag? Check. Getting influencers to try to hype up the game? Check.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
making it a liver-service game
I wouldn't give my liver to play a liver-service game either.

Didn't we already had this song and dance with Lawbreakers? Hero-Shooter? Check. $39.99 price tag? Check. Getting influencers to try to hype up the game? Check.
insert let's laugh at the industry that doesn't learn anything thing song.

Reactions: FakeSympathy

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
And this after the price already got increased in Japan (and everywhere else except NA) last August. All together the PS5 now costs almost 40% more in Japan than at launch.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
And this after the price already got increased in Japan (and everywhere else except NA) last August. All together the PS5 now costs almost 40% more in Japan than at launch.
WTF is Sony screwing over their own people so much? At this point, they might as well have a big sing written in kani that says: Go fuck yourselves and buy a Switch or Nintendo's next new console! It would be less insulting by comparison.

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker2

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US
Speaking of PS5, apparently JUST FOR THAT CONSOLE Star Wars Outlaws is forcing anyone who paid for early-access to start over with their day one patch:

IDK, kinda feel like anyone who paid $110 played themselves, but doesn't this mean something was seriously wrong with the launch build?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Speaking of PS5, apparently JUST FOR THAT CONSOLE Star Wars Outlaws is forcing anyone who paid for early-access to start over with their day one patch:

IDK, kinda feel like anyone who paid $110 played themselves, but doesn't this mean something was seriously wrong with the launch build?
Sounds like an Ubisoft game
Never pre-order an Ubisoft game. People still have not learned and it keeps getting worse. Here's hoping AC Shadows doesn't have the same complication. I doubt it.

Reactions: FakeSympathy

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

Concord continues to fail; For comparison, Suicide Squad game currently has 13,459 players. Redfall had a peak player count of 6,124.

Hell, that crappy gollum game from last year had a peak player count of 758. I feel super bad for people who were involved in this in any capacity.
From everything I've seen, it's a Hero Shooter Product, and the few new things it tries, it fumbles. Even Battleborn had more interesting characters and settings.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
A world where consoles are more expensive to buy the longer you wait after launch is a world I don't want to live in.