General Gaming News.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Anyone remember maybe 3-4 years ago there was another hero shooter that was made by some guy with some clout in the industry (don't remember who), they tried to hype it as the next big things, it wasn't going to be F2P and all that. iirc there was some sort of anti gravity system as selling point.

Anyway, it bombed and disappeared after a few months (duh). You'd think there would be someone whose job it is early in the game life cycle to look up those kind of example and go "maybe this is a bad idea".
Lawbreakers

Reactions: meiam and BrawlMan

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Love how they included that disclaimer. That should hopefully shut up the clickbait articles/videos for a while
They've had to do it for every semi-recent Direct too. They know we want it, so good on them for not getting our hopes up
Not really. The click baiters will always find some work around or will go on about how Nintendo is "distracting us", and the announcement will happen sooner or later.
It's all but confirmed that the next Nintendo system will not launch in this Japanese fiscal year, which ends in March 2025, and Nintendo generally likes playing closer to the chest than most, so I suspect the announcement will be closer to the holiday season. If I had to guess: november.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
It's all but confirmed that the next Nintendo system will not launch in this Japanese fiscal year, which ends in March 2025, and Nintendo generally likes playing closer to the chest than most, so I suspect the announcement will be closer to the holiday season. If I had to guess: november.
And channels like GameXplain will continue to make "theory" and "confirmed/possible rumors" videos like they did back before the first Switch even had a name, until Nintendo officially says about the consoles name and release date.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US

Yeah, we have. I mean, I got to be careful what is here because we are a big company and have to deal with all those organizations, so I don't really want to get in the middle of it. But when we talk about AI, first of all, hopefully it will help us to have new gameplay ideas, which has nothing to do with taking work away from anyone. And especially for games, we don't really have acting... The majority of the team sits in programming and that's not going to go away because that's all about innovation.
Of course you would say that, since you wouldn't know how game development works if it was explained to you in layman's terms.

Actually, given how you guys treat all your employees (I was there), I am not too surprised by this response

Reactions: BrawlMan

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
My reaction: Ahh hmmm hrm bluh nothing interesting meeee... Oh Star Overdrive looks cool. OH, PIZZA TOWER, OK.
Suikoden 1 & 2 remasters excuse me? Yooooo a full remake for the 1st Trails in the Sky???
A NEW RUNE FACTORY?!

I was eating good today

Reactions: BrawlMan