General Gaming News.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Steam's new user agreement got an update, which basically means users can take Steam/Valve to court instead of going through arbitration.

This is probably a good news for many, however a lawfirm called Mason LLP has been going at Steam for mass abitriation since Fall of 2023. They claim Steam has been overcharging the users.

I'm one of the many users that Mason is representing, and a few days ago they did address the steam's new update. They are still going at it, will have mediation in Jan 2025, in hopes to settle. If there isn't one, they are willing to take them to court.

Honestly, I am not in danger of getting my account suspended, nor am I expecting to get much out all this.
I had a hearty chuckle at this lawsuit's assrtions. The idea that games prices would lower if Valve dropped its PMFN clause is either interminably naive or a fig leaf.

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
A lot can be said regarding the opinion of titty physics in games, but this is a scenario where I feel it makes sense to have in place. As distracting as excess jiggle can be, character model clipping is honestly even more distracting for me than that. Yes, sometimes boobs don't work the way physics engines suggest... but last time I checked people aren't able to phase body parts through them either.

Oh, and clothes got physics that looks pretty good too, nice

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
A lot can be said regarding the opinion of titty physics in games, but this is a scenario where I feel it makes sense to have in place. As distracting as excess jiggle can be, character model clipping is honestly even more distracting for me than that. Yes, sometimes boobs don't work the way physics engines suggest... but last time I checked people aren't able to phase body parts through them either.

Oh, and clothes got physics that looks pretty good too, nice
Hey, I'm all about tiddies, tiddy physics and all things tiddy. No complaints from me.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US
I had a hearty chuckle at this lawsuit's assrtions. The idea that games prices would lower if Valve dropped its PMFN clause is either interminably naive or a fig leaf.
which is why I am not expecting much out this. I mean I'll take my share of this whole lawsuit money which will ironically go into steam wallet, but honestly I don't think I will be that devastated if nothing happens

Reactions: BrawlMan