General Gaming News.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Steam's new user agreement got an update, which basically means users can take Steam/Valve to court instead of going through arbitration.

This is probably a good news for many, however a lawfirm called Mason LLP has been going at Steam for mass abitriation since Fall of 2023. They claim Steam has been overcharging the users.

I'm one of the many users that Mason is representing, and a few days ago they did address the steam's new update. They are still going at it, will have mediation in Jan 2025, in hopes to settle. If there isn't one, they are willing to take them to court.

Honestly, I am not in danger of getting my account suspended, nor am I expecting to get much out all this.
I had a hearty chuckle at this lawsuit's assrtions. The idea that games prices would lower if Valve dropped its PMFN clause is either interminably naive or a fig leaf.

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
A lot can be said regarding the opinion of titty physics in games, but this is a scenario where I feel it makes sense to have in place. As distracting as excess jiggle can be, character model clipping is honestly even more distracting for me than that. Yes, sometimes boobs don't work the way physics engines suggest... but last time I checked people aren't able to phase body parts through them either.

Oh, and clothes got physics that looks pretty good too, nice

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
A lot can be said regarding the opinion of titty physics in games, but this is a scenario where I feel it makes sense to have in place. As distracting as excess jiggle can be, character model clipping is honestly even more distracting for me than that. Yes, sometimes boobs don't work the way physics engines suggest... but last time I checked people aren't able to phase body parts through them either.

Oh, and clothes got physics that looks pretty good too, nice
Hey, I'm all about tiddies, tiddy physics and all things tiddy. No complaints from me.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US
I had a hearty chuckle at this lawsuit's assrtions. The idea that games prices would lower if Valve dropped its PMFN clause is either interminably naive or a fig leaf.
which is why I am not expecting much out this. I mean I'll take my share of this whole lawsuit money which will ironically go into steam wallet, but honestly I don't think I will be that devastated if nothing happens

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Last edited:
Reactions: hanselthecaretaker2

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Sony never learns. For all the Horizon, fans expect a live service multiflayer game. Even though none of you clearly want this and I don't blame you.

This cannot possibly still be true after Concord. Even Sony isn't that dumb... Unless their only learning from that failure was that "NEW live service games will die, but it will be totally different for established IPs!". At which point I would wordlessly gesture towards Suicide Squad.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
This cannot possibly still be true after Concord. Even Sony isn't that dumb... Unless their only learning from that failure was that "NEW live service games will die, but it will be totally different for established IPs!". At which point I would wordlessly gesture towards Suicide Squad.
Unfortunately, it is true. This is the same Sony that says that they don't have enough original IPs to make non live service games.

Rouge Flight

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States

At least Sony seem to be fighting off the scalpers this time
They can still resell them though since being a PS user isn’t mutually exclusive to scalping. What they should do is add a digital watermark to every unit to prohibit it from being resold for at least a year or two. They should also do a PSA that original proof of purchase will be required to match whoever it’s sold to upon initial set up to prevent black market sales.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
Dr. Bitchspect is losing again.

He clearly has an audience, but his image will always be tainted now regardless of what his “intent” or lack thereof was behind the minor messages. I’ve never seen them so no idea how bad they really were, but he was still wrong and this kinda thing…it shouldn’t be enabled, brushed aside or celebrated. If platform holders are willing to give him a second chance then he’d be wise to not waste it like a jackass doing something stupid again.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
He clearly has an audience, but his image will always be tainted now regardless of what his “intent” or lack thereof was behind the minor messages. I’ve never seen them so no idea how bad they really were, but he was still wrong and this kinda thing…it shouldn’t be enabled, brushed aside or celebrated. If platform holders are willing to give him a second chance then he’d be wise to not waste it like a jackass doing something stupid again.
Clearly not all of them are giving him a second chance. As we have seen the developers that once worked with them, don't want anything to do with him anymore either. The original private twitch chats are still screen capped. If you wish to view them and it's pretty clear what he was trying to do those minors. Why any of these other platforms let him back is beyond me when the evidence is already there. Especially twitch. The jackasses still may have his audience, but he's clearly drifting towards though ultra conservatives to keep any cash flowing. He's no longer relevant within a couple of years and he knows this. Why his wife is even staying with him is beyond me as well. Take the kids and run away from him.

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker2

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
iirc they also tried to do one with the last of us, only to cancel it after a few years (and how many millions?). They'll never learn, they'll only stop once a new flavor come out and they'll jump on that (too late obviously).

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Sony never learns. For all the Horizon, fans expect a live service multiflayer game. Even though none of you clearly want this and I don't blame you.

"All we need is one World of Warcraft-like live service success and we're set! Keep churning them out!"