The last thing we watched, cartoon/animu edition

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
Yeah, I'm watching Dandadan and really trying to like it, but it's just not clicking with me. There's a lot of elements to it that I really like, but it feels like less than the sum of its parts somehow.
Well all it really have is good production value for animation, the rest is just sorta there.

Currently watching Scavengers Reign on netflix.

The survivors of some kind of space ship catastrophe try to survive on an alien planet.

I'm 4 episodes in (out of 12) and I'm really liking it. This is some sci-fi ass sci-fi. The whole show hinges on how imaginative and interesting the alien planet is, and the crew interacting with the wildly strange flora and fauna.

It's worth a watch just for the creativity of the creature designs.
Tried the first 3 episode, but apparently its another of those show that got cancelled after S1 and I just don't really feel like getting invested in something that might end in a cliff hanger.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Tried the first 3 episode, but apparently its another of those show that got cancelled after S1 and I just don't really feel like getting invested in something that might end in a cliff hanger.
It ends in a satisfying way and would not require a season 2 to feel complete.

I actually had no idea they even had a season 2 planned or were interested in doing one. If they did it could have functioned as an anthology series rather than a direct continuation.

Reactions: BrawlMan