Beta Feedback Thread

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
That already happened it seems
That happened because of the requests in this thread.

I think it would’ve been a compromise to have a quota on them so any of them could only be used a certain number of times per day or something vs getting rid of them completely. If people are too immature to exercise discretion then maybe they could be given a warning or a penalty of not being able to use them for a few days. The issue could correct itself pretty well automatically.
I don't think a limited amount would change much. Because some users were using the laughing emote to troll other users they disliked (It was plain to see), then they'd likely use their daily emote quota on them exclusively, and it wouldn't change much. And any posts they couldn't emote to that day, they could just wait till the next and prolong the situation

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
That happened because of the requests in this thread.

I don't think a limited amount would change much. Because some users were using the laughing emote to troll other users they disliked (It was plain to see), then they'd likely use their daily emote quota on them exclusively, and it wouldn't change much. And any posts they couldn't emote to that day, they could just wait till the next and prolong the situation
What the hell...way to ruin it for everyone I guesss. Maybe they could be suspended then?

Elvis Starburst

Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
What the hell...way to ruin it for everyone I guesss.
Yeah, pretty much. Leave it to people to be passive aggressive in order to skirt the rules like back on the V1 forums. Some things never change, I guess. Though, others have pointed out that besides the laughing and like emotes, the others might not have had much use that couldn't be fit into a reply. So maybe likes are enough?

Maybe they could be suspended then?
Part of me also wonders if it'd stop if those who were the problem were made an example out of. Hard to predict, though

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐

It quoted me instead of fieldy? Not sure if that was operator error or. just weird. Considering I wasn't involved in the post, I don't know.

Fieldy409

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 18, 2020
Country
Australia
People have been posting a lot of twitter videos over in the Minneapolis riots topic in Current Events, and very often when I click play in the forum it doesn't work, ocassionally it does but often not. Then I click through and it works fine on the twitter site. At first I thought they were being banned for showing violence.

I run on the chrome browser.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
I really hate how sometimes you can't post a comment and the forum just won't explain why. "Oops! We ran into some problems. Please try again later. More error details may be in the browser console." It's just plain annoying. I definitely have more times where the site just won't let me post than on the old forums. I don't actually ever recall an instance of that on the old forum at all.

The issue seems to be that it doesn't like me quoting multiple people in the same post, which is a major issue in my opinion.

Last edited:

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
In the mobile view of this forum could we get page number links on both the top and bottom of the page? It's kind of annoying to enter a thread and then immediately have to scroll to the bottom in order to click the link to the last page.

Yoshi

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
what happened to the post reactions like love heart and laugh face? why can i only "like" posts now?

i want my laugh reaction's for posts back.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
what happened to the post reactions like love heart and laugh face? why can i only "like" posts now?

i want my laugh reaction's for posts back.
They were removed because of abuse of said laughing reaction.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why does the swear filter only filter out two or three random swears? If you are going to filter swears do it for all, otherwise let people use whatever words they want.

Last edited:

Yoshi

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
They were removed because of abuse of said laughing reaction.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why does the swear filter only filter out two or three random swears? If you are going to filter swears do it for all, otherwise let people use whatever words they want.
Hahahaha

Attachments

Reactions: crimson5pheonix

Elvis Starburst

Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
I don't get it either. Especially the halfway thing with "bitching" and removing the 'ing' part of it, causing it to be censored. It's inconsistent.

You are aware it's almost entirely your fault, right?

Reactions: Johnny Novgorod

Elvis Starburst

Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
maybe if you were nicer to me i wouldn't laugh at you in the first place.
did you ever think of that?

what am i saying? of course not.

XD
You know, most people (But not all) left the passive aggressiveness at the door of the V1 forum. And now that your toy you used to be passive aggressive without having to say anything to users yourself got taken away, you're here asking for it back. You've got nobody else to blame but yourself here.

Instead of giving people the ammo they want and directly responding to users you dislike, perpetuating the feud between you and them, try taking the high road and leaving them be for once. Maybe then people will have something nice to say

Last edited:

Yoshi

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
You know, most people (But not all) left the passive aggressiveness at the door of the V1 forum. And now that your toy you used to be passive aggressive without having to say anything to users yourself got taken away, you're here asking for it back. You've got nobody else to blame but yourself here.

Instead of giving people the ammo they want and directly responding to users you dislike, perpetuating the feud between you and them, try taking the high road and leaving them be for once. Maybe then people will have something nice to say
I didn't respond. I just laughed at what they said instead.

And why should i be nice if people aren't nice/civil to me back.?

For example i made a xenoblade definitive edition thread where People were immediately Mocking me about something i said 3 years ago about xenoblade 2. Those same people also whinged when i have 5+ page arguments with them about a topic we disagree.

Fine i'll just laugh at them instead of arguing with. But nah it's definitely to "troll"

But of course put all of the blame on me. don't accept any responsibility from their end at all. You guys are all perfect angels.

Reactions: crimson5pheonix

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
I didn't respond. I just laughed at what they said instead.
And that's why it was passive aggressive and taken away.

If you think other people are being mean to you, use the report button.

Topaz

Surprise Mechanic
Legacy
Mar 31, 2020
Hey everyone, some of the staff are subscribed to this thread and get notifications of replies. With that in mind, please keep replies on-topic, thanks.

The above issue has been dealt with.

Nick Calandra

Editor-in-Chief of The Escapist
Escapist +
Mar 13, 2020
Country
USA
Adding on to what Topaz said, if you have a problem with the forums, don't go and message me on a private Facebook profile. I'm not gonna react kindly to it. Thanks!