Shower Thoughts MK2

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
I wonder if thats just warmth and comfort or, since you specifically mentioned the purring, an ASMR thing
I assume it's a combination of all of them. There have been multiple studies that show petting animals can very quickly provide stress relief to humans, by lowering their vitals like anxiety, blood pressure, etc. And yes, having this warm, fluffy, soothing purring little ball of comfiness, sitting on my chest, is very much a relaxation/white noise kind of thing. It's partly the actual vibration sensation on your chest, and the sound, at least for me personally. Never done ASMR so can't really comment on that, but if I lean back in my chair and just absently start petting the cat, who then usually responds by curling into me more, and purring louder...yeah it's an incredibly relaxing, soporific effect. I know the particular rhythm of purring, actually stimulates physical healing in cats, as they've done studies that show cats tend to recover from surgery faster than dogs, and the current theory is it's due to them purring, which likely helps stimulate muscle growth to repair damaged tissue faster.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Leaving behind adorable kitties for now.

OT: Why the fuck is Youtube burying me in links for fucking Jordan Peterson videos? The guy is a fucking deuchebag and I've never clicked on anything linked to him. But every suggestion list on my right now seems to have at least one of his boneheaded videos.

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
I don't have shower thoughts as much as I have toilet thoughts, what comes to mind when the shit comes out LOL (probably explains how I'm such a moron, but w/e)

Anyway: I'm colour blind, so, how do normal people view the world's colours?

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
I don't have shower thoughts as much as I have toilet thoughts, what comes to mind when the shit comes out LOL (probably explains how I'm such a moron, but w/e)
Yeah, I don't think of much in the shower either, for me since I have insomnia it's more like the stuff that I think about while I'm trying to sleep but can't.
I wouldn't know how to describe it to be honest, as I also don't know how colour blind people see the world and what I see is just normal to me.

Sneed's SeednFeed

Elite Member
Apr 10, 2020
Country
Azerbaijan

Probably the same way colour terms vary across languages. Russian speakers linguistically distinguish 'azure' from 'navy', whereas English speakers typically would just use 'blue' (I know I just used English terms - this is in experimental settings). There's Bantu languages which also typically distinguish colours in terms of 'dark' and 'light', but don't necessarily partition colours the same way as Indo-European languages do (the sky in Kikuyu is of the colour 'light', even if they use the English loanword 'blue' for specific objects).

This is just on an optical level. You could read the colour values of a given item, and contrast those with another colour that you're colourblind with and see on those terms that they're different colours. But on the immediate perceptory level, you can't. It's just a question of translation then.

Reactions: SckizoBoy

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States
Do we want to be as dorky as to make a thread talking about our Waifus and/or Husbandos?

No? We don't? So this is the exit, then? Well, it's about time to hit that dusty trail....

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Do we want to be as dorky as to make a thread talking about our Waifus and/or Husbandos?

No? We don't? So this is the exit, then? Well, it's about time to hit that dusty trail....
Gigguk already made the best one of those so we are good.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010

Uncle Iroh is my Husbando. Makes a great pot of tea, is super chill and relaxed about life....and can firebend a wall of flame on your head if you attack the people he cares about.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
In the year 2080, when the pendulum has swung the other way, clowns and clown white will be banned for being "whiteface", which is racially insensitive towards Caucasians. Several PoCs, including famous artists and politicians, will have been revealed to have dressed in "whiteface" sometime in their past and will get canceled over it.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
I often wonder how script writers are able to keep James Bond from swearing. The Daniel Craig version especially seems like he’d be calling Silva and Blofeld all the four letter classics under the sun and he never does. It’s honestly kind of weird that this guy can kill dudes with this thumbs but he won’t tell them to fuck off.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
I often wonder how script writers are able to keep James Bond from swearing. The Daniel Craig version especially seems like he’d be calling Silva and Blofeld all the four letter classics under the sun and he never does. It’s honestly kind of weird that this guy can kill dudes with this thumbs but he won’t tell them to fuck off.
Because he's proper British.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I'd say Ryoko, Alita/Gally, or Melfina are the best waifus for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Specter Von Baren

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Because he's proper British.
I dunno, I've seen a lot of british people who swear like crazy. Do you mean proper as in like posh specifically? Or just the generic "proper" meaning "a true representation of what it is to be" ? Which again, which subset of british does that even mean then? Because the brits LOVE to carve themselves up into subcategories, and I suspect all of them would say they are "proper" british.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
I dunno, I've seen a lot of british people who swear like crazy. Do you mean proper as in like posh specifically? Or just the generic "proper" meaning "a true representation of what it is to be" ? Which again, which subset of british does that even mean then? Because the brits LOVE to carve themselves up into subcategories, and I suspect all of them would say they are "proper" british.
The, "What, what, I say old chap" proper British. And I jest.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
I'd say Ryoko, Alita/Gally, or Melfina are the best waifus for me.

I think my Waifus are Misato Katsuragi from Evangelion and Linna Yamazaki from Bubblegum Crisis 2040. Oh, and Mizuho from Onegai Sensei.

Reactions: BrawlMan

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Lots of people think that gift cards are a terrible gift. Fuck those people! Gift cards are GREAT! I LOVED getting gift cards as a kid. I have absolutely nothing in common with my family, close and extended. They didn't know a damn thing about what I was interested in specifically, and why should they? I never saw them. At best I would see them once or twice a year at holidays. How in the hell can they be expected to know that what I want more than anything, is Random Obscure Fantasy Book Title: Volume 23, or Bizarre Video Game With Questionable Content: The Pre-Sequel: Part 2?

But they can know that I like books, and like video games. And if they want to say "Hey, here is X amount of money, go buy what YOU want on us." That was fucking GREAT. Those were my favorite gifts as a kid, it was PURE potential. 100% free of any disappointment of them getting you the wrong thing. I had total control over what I got, and could make sure it was completely to my liking.

Gift Cards Rule.

Reactions: Specter Von Baren

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Lots of people think that gift cards are a terrible gift. Fuck those people! Gift cards are GREAT! I LOVED getting gift cards as a kid. I have absolutely nothing in common with my family, close and extended. They didn't know a damn thing about what I was interested in specifically, and why should they? I never saw them. At best I would see them once or twice a year at holidays. How in the hell can they be expected to know that what I want more than anything, is Random Obscure Fantasy Book Title: Volume 23, or Bizarre Video Game With Questionable Content: The Pre-Sequel: Part 2?

But they can know that I like books, and like video games. And if they want to say "Hey, here is X amount of money, go buy what YOU want on us." That was fucking GREAT. Those were my favorite gifts as a kid, it was PURE potential. 100% free of any disappointment of them getting you the wrong thing. I had total control over what I got, and could make sure it was completely to my liking.

Gift Cards Rule.
Alas, my childhood did not have gift cards, at least not to the extent that they exist today.