ValiDate, a Dating Sim

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
It's a reference to a meme commonly featuring Arin Hansen of Egoraptor/Game Grumps fame:

Oh that's a shame. They should have gone with a typo, and if that failed go with the racists angle. Game Grumps is not something you want to reference since like 2014, or whenever their sonic episode came out.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
The reason why Black Panther did so well was because Wakanda and BP weren't stereotypical blaxploitation stereotypes. You got to understand while there were plenty of films with black cast, most of them were Blaxploitation or stories about being victims of slavery and oppression. T'Challa and Wakandans are people in a place of power and the potential to spread their influence overseas but instead turn a blind eye to the suffering save when trouble is knocking on their front door.
I mean that is kind of a fucked up thing to say dont you think?

You are implying that the only reason that the movie with an exclusively black cast was only popular because nobody in the film acted like real people.

Does that count as representation then? I wonder.

Wakanda being a hilarious fictional world in which extreme tribalism somehow lead to crazy scientific advancement which i always thought was strange. But i guess make their prosperity a result of voodoo magic wouldve been racist. So whatever i guess.

On that note. If the black stereotyping is so bad then why do they keep letting Tyler Perry make movies?

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
GAH, WHY THE FUCK DO WE HAVE 5 PAGES DEDICATED TO A VN DATING GAME THAT DOESN'T EVEN HAVE NUDITY AND SEX!!!

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

Gyrobot

Ask Revachol/Renegades of Woke
May 13, 2020
I mean that is kind of a fucked up thing to say dont you think?

You are implying that the only reason that the movie with an exclusively black cast was only popular because nobody in the film acted like real people.

Does that count as representation then? I wonder.

Wakanda being a hilarious fictional world in which extreme tribalism somehow lead to crazy scientific advancement which i always thought was strange. But i guess make their prosperity a result of voodoo magic wouldve been racist. So whatever i guess.

On that note. If the black stereotyping is so bad then why do they keep letting Tyler Perry make movies?
No it's not, given the state of Black movies so far. So long as cinema makes gains, we will see a steady decline of movies with negative takes on representation. Netflix right now has a big push on representation of LBGTQ+ and I consider this as a positive step in representation as many haters don't want to see it.

Well they do address it as flawed, but if Black Panther was a true Blaxploitation movie, the true villain wouldn't be Killmonger but some stereotypical racist White Colonist with ties to Hydra who wants to enslave them Wakandans and dig up vibranium to build tanks and weapons to take over African nation to reestablish Hydra due to White Man's Burden. And Killmonger will be seen as a hero T'Challa must work with the stop this filthy Hydra Agent from achieving his evil dreams of African dominance.

And the Heart Shaped Herb ritual is an archaic but still similar method used the same way the Vita Rays and Super Soldier Serum was used to enhance Steve Rogers.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Says the guy with the My Little Pony avatar, posting My Little Pony reaction memes.
Yes, says the guy with the MLP avatar and that posts mlp reaction memes. What is your point? That I have fantastic taste? Cause I already know that.