ValiDate, a Dating Sim

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
And recolouring them takes so much effort too, don't forget. Also, that image in the demo... I knew this was gonna be an issue, looking at it and the character bios, but... everyone looks like they have the most punch-able face
First off, any kickstarter that is laying out a budget wheel like that is instantly a red flag. When they are trying to justify and breakdown where all the money is gonna go and your biggest budget is fucking Merchandise, that's when you know it's bullshit and you need to NOT donate to that shit.

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
If by recoloring, you mean using an out-of-the-box Photoshop filter, then yeah, that takes an incredible amount of effort.
Oh yes. The most effort. 25% of the budget well deserved. Cough

First off, any kickstarter that is laying out a budget wheel like that is instantly a red flag. When they are trying to justify and breakdown where all the money is gonna go and your biggest budget is fucking Merchandise, that's when you know it's bullshit and you need to NOT donate to that shit.
Eeeyup. Like I mentioned before in the thread, it's clear what their priorities were from the start. And I stand by the belief that this isn't a passion project, even post budget restructuring

Reactions: BrawlMan

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
If by recoloring, you mean using an out-of-the-box Photoshop filter, then yeah, that takes an incredible amount of effort.
Makes sense tho, Adobe CC licenses don't come cheap and when you have a bazillion artists ... /s
You don't need photoshop for that even. You can use a free use program called Photopea to do that without even having to download anything.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Sunset
Life is Strange 2
If it ever comes out that Chuck Tingle video game
Battleborn (They made a big deal, bigger than Overwatch about diverse characters and non sexualised female characters and how some characters were non binary)
Don't know what Sunset is, haven't played the Life is Strange series but it sounds pretty good, no idea how Chuck Tingle is, Battleborn was pretty awesome, shame they fucked up the launch so badly by having it come out right before Overwatch. Speaking of, if you consider Battleborn sjw then Overwatch must be sjw also.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
You don't need photoshop for that even. You can use a free use program called Photopea to do that without even having to download anything.
Good point, that leaves more budget to spend on ... whatever they spend it on. Since he's been mentioned, maybe on Chuck Tingle's erotic novels. It's not the worst option.

Neuromancer

Endless Struggle
Legacy
Mar 16, 2012
a homeless squat
Country
None
Damn, this artstyle is garbage. How do people jack off shit like this? It's already sad enough that people get off on drawings, but these are even worse than usual.

Reactions: Martintox

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Don't know what Sunset is, haven't played the Life is Strange series but it sounds pretty good, no idea how Chuck Tingle is, Battleborn was pretty awesome, shame they fucked up the launch so badly by having it come out right before Overwatch. Speaking of, if you consider Battleborn sjw then Overwatch must be sjw also.
Sunset is by I think it was Tale of Tale who made The Path. It's an artsy game about being a Black Lady physicist working and a cleaner in the middle of a revolution.

Life is Strange 1 isn't that far out there from what I heard but 2 very much is.

The Chuck Tingle game hasn't come out yet and is in limbo.

Oddly Battleborn was pushing the social stuff hard while Overwatch wasn't. Hell Overwatch was being attacked as offensive in the early days because characters were deemed too sexy. It's still being attacked now for things like Police Officer skins and other stuff too.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Damn, this artstyle is garbage. How do people jack off shit like this? It's already sad enough that people get off on drawings, but these are even worse than usual.
Usually VN's try to make the chars visually pleasing. This project comes from people that see standards of beauty as being a system designed to shame others.

Gyrobot

Ask Revachol/Renegades of Woke
May 13, 2020
Sunset is by I think it was Tale of Tale who made The Path. It's an artsy game about being a Black Lady physicist working and a cleaner in the middle of a revolution.

Life is Strange 1 isn't that far out there from what I heard but 2 very much is.

The Chuck Tingle game hasn't come out yet and is in limbo.

Oddly Battleborn was pushing the social stuff hard while Overwatch wasn't. Hell Overwatch was being attacked as offensive in the early days because characters were deemed too sexy. It's still being attacked now for things like Police Officer skins and other stuff too.
Sunset was the first and last business foray by Tales of Tales who made walking simulators on government subsidies in Belgium but financially failed and destroyed the studio.

And as for Battleborn, it was also because Pritchford cant stop acting like a goof and humiliated himself nonstop during Battleborn's run. Thinking his game is going to beat Overwatch and using ironic humor as a coping mechanism to avoid realizing his game was dead in the water.

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Usually VN's try to make the chars visually pleasing. This project comes from people that see standards of beauty as being a system designed to shame others.
Beauty can be an odd duck. Most people I know wouldn’t give Uma Thurman the time of day. I on the other hand would only kick her out of bed to shag her on the floor.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Beauty can be an odd duck. Most people I know wouldn’t give Uma Thurman the time of day. I on the other hand would only kick her out of bed to shag her on the floor.
I still think there's something to be said about how Pinla's design is clearly not meant to be attractive. It's meant to be garish and unpleasant to the eyes. It's the kind of design one would expect from people making a fat joke. Big women can look very attractive, this is not how you do that.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
I still think there's something to be said about how Pinla's design is clearly not meant to be attractive. It's meant to be garish and unpleasant to the eyes. It's the kind of design one would expect from people making a fat joke. Big women can look very attractive, this is not how you do that.
Oh the art style for this isn’t great by any measure. I can see what they’re trying to do; but it ain’t working.

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
Oh the art style for this isn’t great by any measure. I can see what they’re trying to do; but it ain’t working.
I'm pretty sure that was what they were trying to do. This basically comes off as the visual novel equivalent of a Friedberg and Seltzer movie, invoking a lot of things the creators either aren't familiar with or disdain for the sake of pointing and laughing at it.

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Friedberg and Seltzer movie
I am so glad that the demon duo are not allowed to make movies anymore. How they stayed in Hollywood this long is beyond me. They killed parody genre. Fuck them hard.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
And as for Battleborn, it was also because Pritchford cant stop acting like a goof and humiliated himself nonstop during Battleborn's run. Thinking his game is going to beat Overwatch and using ironic humor as a coping mechanism to avoid realizing his game was dead in the water.
He hasn't stopped literally to this day either...

(Ok, almost literally, I lost a day somewhere)

Reactions: Gyrobot

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
No. While I can see Battleborn doing that, I don't recall it being the primary marketing campaign. Also you are wrong about Overwatch, you are talking about the thing with Tracers butt and the real complaint was that it was out of character not that it was sexy, if it was that it was sexy and they reacted to that, then they also would have changed up Widowmaker and they didn't.

If you want to know more about that story then check this out.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
I am so glad that the demon duo are not allowed to make movies anymore. How they stayed in Hollywood this long is beyond me. They killed parody genre. Fuck them hard.
Uh oh...not sure about that, they may not be out entirely just yet though...
From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_Friedberg_and_Aaron_Seltzer
Announced projects[edit]
Friedberg and Seltzer announced their intention to release Who the F#@K Took My Daughter?, a parody of Taken.[4] On February 8, 2017, it was reported they were developing a parody of Star Wars titled Star Worlds Episode XXXIVE=MC2: The Force Awakens The Last Jedi Who Went Rogue.[5] Filming was set for Fall 2017,[6] but no news has emerged since.
Star wars parody yet to come! 😔
Talk about striking whilst the iron is rusted into insignificance

Last edited: