Choo choo! All aboard the Complain Train!

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
So yesterday, during one of the hottest months of the year, the power goes out and I get in a rush to get my things together to get the hell out of Dodge because I only have a few minutes to get to air that is below 70F or I can die. So I decide to go over to my Mom's and call the electric company trying to figure out WTH? So after playing phone tag for a bit, I finally find out that it was JUST my building and they apparently messed up something working on some line or something but it was going to take all day to fix. I finally get my laptop set up and go to log into the internet, which was working FINE for my Mom all the way up until I decide to try and go online and OFC her internet then goes out. Then my elderly my very young and hip mom who goes crazy and tries to break herself if I mention the word elderly, thinks I broke her internet because she doesn't understand how internet works. She asks me what I did to her internet, and I tell her I didn't do anything, I just tried to log in. She then says " It was working FINE until you did something to it" I proceed to reset the router and of course it is still out, so I call AT&T SATAN and go through the nine levels of hell to finally talk to someone and they say they are unaware of an outage so I call a couple of my parents neighbors and they too have their internet out, so I call SATAN again and go back through the nine levels of hell to finally talk to someone and they again try to tell me no one had reported anything, but then I tell them that BOTH my neighbors said they reported an outage when I spoke to them, then they give me some run around again because that is what they do best and tell me to call back later. All the while I keep having to listen to my Mom complain about how I broke her internet. Luckily it came back on eventually and my Mom FINALLY stopped accusing me of breaking her internet.

Last edited:

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
I was really looking forward to finally being able to view Saturn with my telescope this year but then when the time for it to be in position came my state immediately got nonstop cloudy skies and so I missed it.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
As I'm re-watching "It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia" on Hulu, I noticed something felt a bit off, like something(s) was missing. Turns out, Hulu removed some of the more [what they deemed] "offensive" episodes. @Mister Mumbler, did you know about this?!?

This is bullshit. IASIP is an absurdist sitcom about five shitty people doing shitty things to themselves and others and them inexorably paying for it time and time again; censoring them because of that is just asinine. There is something one could deem "offensive" in literally every episode; the show exists specifically to satirize the offensive. It goes to great lengths to make the characters utterly irredeemable, then show how their narcissism makes them completely oblivious to the absurdity of their myriad plots, plans, schemes and generally poor life choices that invariably lead to their downfall. The show made it to the end of its 13th season before filming a single, even remotely redemptive episode for one of the characters (in a surprisingly touching-if-tonally-dissonant finale,) but even then, the 14th season picks up with that same character returning to his same, deplorable debauchery having learned and gained absolutely nothing... as "The Gang" is wont to do.

Mac doing blackface in a no-budget, home movie of "Lethal Weapon 6" isn't making fun of blackface; it's making fun of a dumbass who's convinced blackface was a good idea in the first place specifically because blackface is such a bad idea! It's not that hard to understand!!

Attachments

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
Mister Mumbler, did you know about this?!?
No, but I'm also not surprised either. It looks like house cleaning to scrub away all the blackface episodes from Hulu; Dee Shapes America's Youth and Lethal Weapon 6 are both the Lethal Weapon episodes with Mac blackface, and Paddy's Next Billboard Model, Recycles Their Trash, and Dee Day all feature Dee's character "Martina Martinez" (though it's Frank in the getup in Dee Day). Still a tragedy though, the two Lethal Weapon sequel episodes are fucking great (well, they are all great but I am fan man).

Reactions: Xprimentyl

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
No, but I'm also not surprised either. It looks like house cleaning to scrub away all the blackface episodes from Hulu; Dee Shapes America's Youth and Lethal Weapon 6 are both the Lethal Weapon episodes with Mac blackface, and Paddy's Next Billboard Model, Recycles Their Trash, and Dee Day all feature Dee's character "Martina Martinez" (though it's Frank in the getup in Dee Day). Still a tragedy though, the two Lethal Weapon sequel episodes are fucking great (well, they are all great but I am fan man).
Probably an obvious question, but I'm assuming the DVDs have these banned episodes?

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Yes they do indeed. All seasons up to 13 are on DVD, seasons 5-8 and the Christmas special are also available as blu-ray.
Just looked them up; not as expensive as I thought. I can get Seasons 1-10 alone for $77. Do the seasons available on Blu Ray offer anything of significance beyond the DVD versions? Because if not, I'll settle this shit right now; can be delivered tomorrow.

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
Just looked them up; not as expensive as I thought. I can get Seasons 1-10 alone for $77. Do the seasons available on Blu Ray offer anything of significance beyond the DVD versions? Because if not, I'll settle this shit right now; can be delivered tomorrow.
Not really, they even made a video for one of the seasons on blu ray explaining that there wasn't going to be much in the way of HD video on them due to them shooting the show in SD, but the extra space on the discs do cut them down from 3 to 2 per season.

Reactions: Xprimentyl

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Not really, they even made a video for one of the seasons on blu ray explaining that there wasn't going to be much in the way of HD video on them due to them shooting the show in SD, but the extra space on the discs do cut them down from 3 to 2 per season.
Nice. Sold. Thanks for the info.

Reactions: Mister Mumbler

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
This the bullshit I am talking about when it comes to certain YouTubers.

Congragu-fuckin-lations Score PN, you just became another egotistical loud mouth that thinks your God's gift to mankind. You don't like RE8, fair enough. But don't go around attacking or accusing other RE fans/YT channels for being sell outs just for having interests or being excited for a new game. I hate the stereotypical "not a true fan" or "mindless sheep" fallacy bullshit you're trying to pull. The reason no other RE fans brought up the RE Netflix film is because everyone knows it's going to be a million piles of dog turds, and not worth mentioning. Despite claiming otherwise, you are hypocrite getting on his personal soap box, because people are interested in something you don't like. Not that any of the other YouTubers would give you the time of day; especially Omega Sphere. She's a cool gal that likes to have fun, but knows respect others. I am not going to support or watch your other content if this is how you are going to act. Crying and whining like a spoiled child for people thinking different from you. Fuck you, you had your chance! I am just glad people in the comment section are calling him out on his b#tch fit.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Why is the Twitch player so TERRIBLE?! I click the back arrow button because I want the video to go back a couple seconds, instead it spazzes out and skips forward like 30. Or I click pause and it pauses the video... after, like, another 5 seconds. Then unpausing skips the video forward. Just WHY?! It is one of the WORST video players I've ever used, and Twitch is a billion dollar company!

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I'm very slowly gaining weight again after a very succesful year where I lost over 20 pounds. Now I don't necessarily NEED to lose that much more weight, but I was doing so bloody well, and now I'm just kinda powerless against my evening cravings.