Choo choo! All aboard the Complain Train!

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
I understand not wanting to run and still needing to be easy on your joints. To boost your metabolism though it is all about cardio and getting your heartrate up. Weights and walking won't do that. You can do HIIT training in a small space, there are plenty of options. You can look on You tube for a wide variety of options and mix it up for what works for you. You can avoid exercises that are hard on the joints until you get some of the weight down to keep from hurting yourself and always remember to stretch before hand. The most important thing in the beginning is getting that heartrate up.
There really is a huge variety of options there for HIIT so don't be quick to dismiss it, just put together something that works for you and skip the ones that don't.
I'll watch that vid when I get home from work and see if it'd work for me, thanks.

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
I have a pretty strict eating schedule for the day:

5:30ish: protein breakfast smoothie
9:00-10:30ish: 2 oz salted nut snack
11:30ish-2:00ish: 2 turkey sandwiches (small, thin, whole grain bread slices and a quarter pound of turkey each, no cheese), and an apple

Dinner is variable and to be honest I'm eating takehome dinners from the grocery store because I haven't been able to meal prep for the last couple of weeks, but I choose things around 500-700 calories that have a higher portion of calories from protein.

I do not snack or eat otherwise, and other from the breakfast smoothie I only deink water.

I should be consuming around 2200 calories a day. Which is under the 2300 I should be burning from staying alive, and certainly under the estimated 2700-2900 I should be burning from an active lifestyle.

I'm certainly feeling better, but I'm not seeing results. Don't really know what to do about it.
You may actually be forcing your body into slowing your metabolism by not eating enough and when you eat it if you drastically reduced calories too quick. It can send your body into " fat storing mode" It is also important to make sure you have some fresh fruits and veggies as well as sunflower seeds, olive oil and such to make sure your body is getting what it needs.

I have a higher than normal metabolism, but I eat my larger meals in the morning and lunch and a small dinner instead. Eating your larger meal later in the day can also cause you to stay in fact storing mode as well. It is often inconvenient to not have a large meal, as that is when others tend to like them, but I usually wind up just eating a salad and small amount of meat then put it in the fridge and eat that for lunch the next day instead so I at least have something to eat when everyone else is eating dinner.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
I'll watch that vid when I get home from work and see if it'd work for me, thanks.
If it is too hard on your joints, all you have to do is look on youtube, there are thousands of options. If your knees hurt, look for "HIIT low impact on knees" or HIIT Low impact on joints, ect. There are so many options and you can take what you like from different options and make your own. Even those punching the air workouts work if you can get your heartrate up.

This one is a 20 min shadowboxing HIIT:

Me, personally I like kickboxing as it is tons of fun, but switching it up when you get bored as well always helps too.
When you get your heartrate up before going to work, it will make you burn calories while at work even when you wouldn't normally be doing so. If it turns out you like the boxing a lot, you may want to look into getting a speed bag or heavy bag.. I like the heavy bag for kickboxing myself, but the speedbag is good for heartrate too,.. put on some rocky music and break out a jump rope. just don't kill yourself and your living room in the process.. *Remembers that whole incident with the jump rope turned lasso and the lamp + TV that didn't turn out so well for me* XD

Last edited:

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I have a pretty strict eating schedule for the day:

5:30ish: protein breakfast smoothie
9:00-10:30ish: 2 oz salted nut snack
11:30ish-2:00ish: 2 turkey sandwiches (small, thin, whole grain bread slices and a quarter pound of turkey each, no cheese), and an apple

Dinner is variable and to be honest I'm eating takehome dinners from the grocery store because I haven't been able to meal prep for the last couple of weeks, but I choose things around 500-700 calories that have a higher portion of calories from protein.

I do not snack or eat otherwise, and other from the breakfast smoothie I only deink water.

I should be consuming around 2200 calories a day. Which is under the 2300 I should be burning from staying alive, and certainly under the estimated 2700-2900 I should be burning from an active lifestyle.

I'm certainly feeling better, but I'm not seeing results. Don't really know what to do about it.
This to me sounds like someone who is more than in shape, unless there's other issues that are causing problems. Or unless you're just trying to get super fit.

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
This to me sounds like someone who is more than in shape, unless there's other issues that are causing problems. Or unless you're just trying to get super fit.
I mean, the issue is I'm 240 lbs.

I am working with a remote coach, and we're gonna have a call next week to talk progress and nutrition. So we'll see. It's just a big demoralizer when you put the work in and make real sacrifices, only for progress to hit a brick wall.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐

I am working with a remote coach, and we're gonna have a call next week to talk progress and nutrition. So we'll see. It's just a big demoralizer when you put the work in and make real sacrifices, only for progress to hit a brick wall.
Don't let it dishearten you, some times it can take time for your body to allow changes in metabolism to set in. Is your coach a nutritionist or a personal trainer or both? I know though that you can only do so much with diet and strength training and that at some point you are going to have to get some cardio in. I have seen people have amazing results though with the HIIT training I mentioned above since it is so flexible. You can always start out slow and work up to more, there is no set " has to be this way" to do it and you can adjust it however you want.

If you haven't already though, you should see your Primary Care Physician before beginning any weight loss program just to be safe and make sure you don't have any other issues involved as well. Most insurance plans give you a free yearly preventive care wellness visit, and you could discuss it with your Physician then and they may want to take a blood or urine sample to make sure everything is good with your thyroid, liver, kidneys, heart ect and your Doctor may make specific recommendations for what type of exercise and diet may be helpful to you as well. You likely need to start it out taking it easy to keep from hurting yourself if you haven't done a lot of cardio in a while as well, but aerobic exercise is vital to your health and is a huge boost to your metabolism. You don't have to do a full 20 minutes either, you can start out with as little as you want and work your way up. Just remember to ease yourself into it.

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
Anyone? C'mon, anyone??
Always has to be somebody...

Don't let it dishearten you, some times it can take time for your body to allow changes in metabolism to set in. Is your coach a nutritionist or a personal trainer or both? I know though that you can only do so much with diet and strength training and that at some point you are going to have to get some cardio in. I have seen people have amazing results though with the HIIT training I mentioned above since it is so flexible. You can always start out slow and work up to more, there is no set " has to be this way" to do it and you can adjust it however you want.

If you haven't already though, you should see your Primary Care Physician before beginning any weight loss program just to be safe and make sure you don't have any other issues involved as well. Most insurance plans give you a free yearly preventive care wellness visit, and you could discuss it with your Physician then and they may want to take a blood or urine sample to make sure everything is good with your thyroid, liver, kidneys, heart ect and your Doctor may make specific recommendations for what type of exercise and diet may be helpful to you as well. You likely need to start it out taking it easy to keep from hurting yourself if you haven't done a lot of cardio in a while as well, but aerobic exercise is vital to your health and is a huge boost to your metabolism. You don't have to do a full 20 minutes either, you can start out with as little as you want and work your way up. Just remember to ease yourself into it.

I don't have a PHP. Mine died 3 years ago, which I never even heard through his office, my mom got an email from our mutual church. I've been in and out of insurance since then, been in school, and it's just a pain in the ass to find a good doctor in your coverage.

I've meant to find one after I got a more permanent insurance through starting my job, but the few times I've put a feeler out to doctors of various sorts, either they aren't taking new patients or they're backed up for months, so I'm just kinda waiting out the pandemic before trying again. I only have some very minor chronic symptoms, whose source are known to me, so I'm not particularly worried.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Don't know what to do about it, tbh. 240 lbs has become a hard wall for me. I don't know how to eat any leaner than a protein breakfast smoothie, turkey sandwiches, and skinless chicken breasts with veggies. I do a lot of walking and carrying at work, if I cut anymore I could start having energy issues. Sigh.
All that for breakfast? Jeez, most days I just have a banana.

It's just a number. I mean, The Big Show weighs like 400lbs but who's going to tell him that he needs to lose weight?

Maybe you just need to get into professional wrestling?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
This video explains why I hate EA so much! I am glad Suda51 was able to move on to better things after this.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
I went to the range the other day to plink a few shots off and the guy checking people in said I couldn't use my ammo. I thought I got a good deal getting military surplus ammo for cheap, but they had a rule about no brass casings allowed. And finding other brands of ammo is virtually impossible.
That was mildly annoying and I don't understand why. Any gun bros know why such a rule would exist?

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
I went to the range the other day to plink a few shots off and the guy checking people in said I couldn't use my ammo. I thought I got a good deal getting military surplus ammo for cheap, but they had a rule about no brass casings allowed. And finding other brands of ammo is virtually impossible.
That was mildly annoying and I don't understand why. Any gun bros know why such a rule would exist?
I thought they just banned steel and usually brass casings were allowed... Though I only ever went to the range with friends as usually we just practiced on my parents farm instead and could use whatever I wanted regardless. Are you sure those aren't steel? They usually checked it with a magnet to be sure.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
I thought they just banned steel and usually brass casings were allowed... Though I only ever went to the range with friends as usually we just practiced on my parents farm instead and could use whatever I wanted regardless. Are you sure those aren't steel? They usually checked it with a magnet to be sure.
They might be? Its 7.62x54r for a mosin nagant. I got them in a big bag from a surplus store. The guy said no brass casing, but he may have been wrong about why they weren't allowed, just that they weren't.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
They might be? Its 7.62x54r for a mosin nagant. I got them in a big bag from a surplus store. The guy said no brass casing, but he may have been wrong about why they weren't allowed, just that they weren't.
You can check it with a magnet, it only sticks to steel.
But here is more on that if that is the case:

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
What? Like 95% of ammo sold is brass case. How the hell would it be banned at a gun range?

I think you probably misunderstood something he said because that sounds like non-sense.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Qanon has got to ppl in this shithole of a country now too. The only politically active member of my family has been taken over by it and has now been pulled into anti-vaccer, anti-covid, 'anti-fucking everything else' conspiracy bollocks since whatever online echo-chamber has now conditioned them to distrust everything except the flimsy crap they keep posting. Since they have a young kid who is by extention related to me, therefore a concern which cannot justly be left alone, all thoughts have been focused on what potential avenues there are for essentially "deprogramming" and/or how to talk with them properly without making it worse. They have also beeen smoking weed a lot for specific pain reliefs, which cannot be ignored, but also cannot be the sole variable contributing to the change, due to timelines and other factors. I don't feel comfortable just leaving it, but not sure what to do that won't make the situation worse and potentially distance them beyond reach.

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
So, time to complain about my job some more. So, as I said in the other thread, and as someone who has done it himself, I 100% support the modification of your personal vehicle. But please, if you do, do a semi decent job please:
20200822_153432.jpg

Reactions: lil devils x

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
*Part 2 of I don't know, this character limits is small and finicky and will be complained about later*

What you are looking at here, is the mangled mess of wires that feed into the more than half dozen connectors for the main control computer module for all of the body electronics (it's the main computer to the various other computers that control things light lights, locks, windows and such) that someone has hacked apart and stuck a whole bunch of cheap electrical twist and crimp connectors for...something, I'm not too sure, probably to flat tow it behind an RV. The problem is that these computers are expecting certain voltages from sensors and such, and these poor wiring fixes could cause undo resistance in their circuits, if not open them out right (you should be able to see faint bits of exposed wire near a zip tie in the picture.

The best part? This wasn't even why I was working on the car down here. Which comes into the next problem that, this used to be several different, neatly seperated wiring harnesses that were now all horribly frankensteined together, and I wasn't about to try and undo whatever the hell they did here to begin with, because I still needed to move all of this out of the way to remove the actual module they all feed into (and the plate it sat on, and the support bracket above it with impossible to reach screws...I spent about a fucking week down there, pretty much contorting myself to try get out the first part of the air duct to the A/C system that feeds into the blower motor, all to fix a problem that was caused by the most senior technician in the shop...ugh).

EDIT, The secret part 3 because I don't want to triple post: Also, don't use tire shine products on your tires. They work by drawing the natural oils in the rubber of the tire to the surface to make it look nice and shiny, but these oils are what keep the rubber supple and, you know, rubbery, and so when they are constantly drawn up it dries out the tire and can cause them to crack and fail a lot quicker.

Also, how did the car search go Ewok?

Last edited:

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
*Part 2 of I don't know, this character limits is small and finicky and will be complained about later*

What you are looking at here, is the mangled mess of wires that feed into the more than half dozen connectors for the main control computer module for all of the body electronics (it's the main computer to the various other computers that control things light lights, locks, windows and such) that someone has hacked apart and stuck a whole bunch of cheap electrical twist and crimp connectors for...something, I'm not too sure, probably to flat tow it behind an RV. The problem is that these computers are expecting certain voltages from sensors and such, and these poor wiring fixes could cause undo resistance in their circuits, if not open them out right (you should be able to see faint bits of exposed wire near a zip tie in the picture.

The best part? This wasn't even why I was working on the car down here. Which comes into the next problem that, this used to be several different, neatly seperated wiring harnesses that were now all horribly frankensteined together, and I wasn't about to try and undo whatever the hell they did here to begin with, because I still needed to move all of this out of the way to remove the actual module they all feed into (and the plate it sat on, and the support bracket above it with impossible to reach screws...I spent about a fucking week down there, pretty much contorting myself to try get out the first part of the air duct to the A/C system that feeds into the blower motor, all to fix a problem that was caused by the most senior technician in the shop...ugh).

EDIT, The secret part 3 because I don't want to triple post: Also, don't use tire shine products on your tires. They work by drawing the natural oils in the rubber of the tire to the surface to make it look nice and shiny, but these oils are what keep the rubber supple and, you know, rubbery, and so when they are constantly drawn up it dries out the tire and can cause them to crack and fail a lot quicker.

Also, how did the car search go Ewok?
Yea, I was wondering how those connecters didn't fall apart while going down the road. They must have smoother roads than they have around here.
SO am I reading this right and you just left that mess that way? Are they going to just have something randomly cut out while going down the road or like jiggling cutting on and off? D: