Election results discussion thread (and sadly the inevitable aftermath)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine

OH NO NO NO

Twitter: "Some votes may still need to be counted"

This will be spicy in Las Vegas very soon

Agema

Do everything and feel nothing
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
"Stop being a democracy" FTFY Trump

Fuck Trump
No, I agree with Trump. Let's stop the vote. That hands Biden Nevada and Arizona, therefore 270 electoral college votes and a confirmed win.

If Trump then wants to have court cases as well, he can also suck up the court cases which will inevitably ensure the counts in PA, NC and GA are properly finished, too.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
No, I agree with Trump. Let's stop the vote. That hands Biden Nevada and Arizona, therefore 270 electoral college votes and a confirmed win.

If Trump then wants to have court cases as well, he can also suck up the court cases which will inevitably ensure the counts in PA, NC and GA are properly finished, too.

come on man, this can't be real, this is too good to be true.

Last edited:

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
19 minutes lets GOOOOOO

Taking bets - is he going to concede? 1:4
is he going to call fraud? 4:5
is he going to declare victory? 1:2
is he going to shoot himself on live television? 1:100
is he going to pull a late October Surprise? 1:20

Last edited:

Shadyside

Bad Hombre
Legacy
Aug 20, 2020
On top of your sister
Country
Republic of Texas
19 minutes lets GOOOOOO

Taking bets - is he going to concede? 1:4
is he going to call fraud? 1:2
is he going to shoot himself on live television? 1:100
is he going to pull a late October Surprise? 1:20
hes just gonna call fraud as usual and end up challenging it

Agema

Do everything and feel nothing
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
True. I think 4:5 is better.
Well, you know Trump. He is going to have to launch THE MOST GUARANTEED ACCUSATION OF FRAUD AGAINST THE BIGGEST FRAUD THE USA HAS EVER SEEN.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
Well, you know Trump. He is going to have to launch THE MOST GUARANTEED ACCUSATION OF FRAUD AGAINST THE BIGGEST FRAUD THE USA HAS EVER SEEN.
A former director of NSA is with him, apparently. Is it, actually, unironically, HAPPENING?

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
I imagine he's just going to announce another lawsuit (this time focusing on Nevada). No actual need to make it a huge public announcement, of course; that's just to whip people up.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
They brought an old gal that said she couldn't vote because when she showed up, she was told someone had already voted for her name.

"Ballots are not automatically legal votes until they are checked"
They claimed Non-residents voted (haven't been in the state for 30 days)
Lawsuit in Nevada on the federal level. Clark county accused, "They continue to count illegal votes".
"Ballots vs. Legal Votes"
IMO a lot of people move back to vote in Las Vegas in the past few days after they left the state due to Covid.

edit: Old gal claims someone took her mailed-in ballot and voted in for her (and her roommate).
A poll-watcher was booted out of a counting room an hour and a half before they started counting.

edit edit: What is this? Where's orangeman? I GOT BAMBOOZLED
BAH I wasted time on this

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Right, so it was just another slew of allegations of fraud (without evidence) and another lawsuit. Nothing particularly meaningful: another attempt to direct attention towards the fraud narrative to discredit the result.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
Right, so it was just another slew of allegations of fraud (without evidence) and another lawsuit. Nothing particularly meaningful: another attempt to direct attention towards the fraud narrative to discredit the result.
yeah I wasted 40 minutes on this nothingburger

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
Well I think it’s funny
I decidedly don't. I'm just plain tired. I'm tired of republicans being so ruled by demagogory that they can fall in line behind someone as grossly unqualified as Trump and look the other way on his every misdeed because "Democrats must be worse, otherwise they wouldn't be Democrats". I'm tired of dealing with Trump's cult of personality who think anyone who breaks lockstep with him in party is a RINO and anyone who objects to him outside the party is a literal unamerican traitor. I'm tired of people shrugging off McConnell et al's brazen hypocrisy on the stated logic of "you can't tell me the Democrats wouldn't do the same if they had the majority".

I'm tired of waking up every day and seeing people insist that it's unfair to demand that Trump even act like an adult and follow the same rules everyone else has to follow. I'm tired that his brazen immaturity, overt narcissism, and total lack of qualification continues to be rewarded because so much of the country is more interested in petty spite and "their side" winning than they are in effective governance. That overt incompetence and corruption are considered a fair exchange not for doing good for their own people but instead for hurting people outside of the in-group fills me with despair. I'm tired of spite being the law of the land. I'm tired of Trump's cult going out of their way to make other people's lives miserable. I'm tired of them picking fights and then seeing their victims punished for it. I'm tired of Trump trying to villify attempts to limit the damage of a pandemic as necessarily "anti-Trump" because he can't put his ego aside. I'm tired of his base drinking so deeply from the partisan KoolAid that we get cases of them yelling - and I quote - "fuck Black Lives Matter" in response to being asked to wear a mask to comply with the store's COVID policy.

I'm tired of Trump's consistent and overt contempt for the rules and safeguards we have being handwaved as the newest flavor of the old "liberal hysteria" canard (because any substantive criticism of the man couldn't possibly have any basis in fact, amirite?). I'm tired of Trump making shit up whole cloth and his favored news outlets feeling it's their patriotic duty to echo it. I'm furious that Trump evidently sees this as nothing more than a childish popularity contest and thus sees no issue in bullshitting to delegitimize the process if he thinks it will be to his benefit. Without hyperbole, I fear that everyone's shortsightedness is ushering in the beginning of the end for the United States, rejoicing in a bad actor using every dirty trick in the book to come out ahead despite those tricks fundamentally undermining not only the system but the rule of law.

To look at this and see that he actually got more votes this time around, to see that so many people not only thought "I'm ok with all of this" but that "we want more of this" is profoundly disheartening.

Status
Not open for further replies.