Election results discussion thread (and sadly the inevitable aftermath)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
Apparently, they actually do now but by a narrow margin of 52-48 (as far as I know this wasn't boycotted like last time)
So be it. Then let it be state #51, they'll love getting to pay federal income tax!

or a section within ... that isn't under state jurisdiction.
...this is literally what DC is.

come on man, this can't be real, this is too good to be true.
It's Project Veritas, so at the very least it's as misleading as necessary to promote the desired narrative. So it could be real, or it could be a total fabrication, Veritas would report the same either way.

Any reports on russian hacking? Guessing there wasn't much hacking since most votes were by mail.
Guessing about as many votes changed by Russian hacking as in 2016, aka close enough to zero as makes no difference. If we get to count shitposting on social media as "Russian hacking", then it's probably had a lot more effect than that.

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
I checked. Dear God.
They didn't actually cause the election office to stop counting votes in AZ, just managed to get the building closed to the public. But goodness are these people stupid. Also, ignore people who say they have a ballot status of 'Cancelled', at least in relation to AZ. We are able to get early mail ballots sent to us, but you can also just go in on election day to vote, however if you do this and then try to use the site to check the status of your ballot it will say it has been cancelled because the site only tracked mail ballots and not physical ones. This is how that shit sharpie gate got started and speaking of:

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

Agema

Do everything and feel nothing
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
This is how that shit sharpie gate got started and speaking of:
And it's not just that, but they SNATCHED HER PEN OUT HER GRASP AND BROKE HER HANDS SO SHE HAD SIGN HER VOTE WITH A SHARPIE GRIPPED BETWEEN HER TEETH. That's just how inhuman these Democrat fascists are.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
...this is literally what DC is.
Poor wording on my part. I mean that (from my limited understanding), DC is significantly more than just the administrative district that functions as the US' political capital. So, a solution would be to treat that administrative area as legally distinct from the rest of (what's currently) DC: a bit like how the 'City of London' is legally distinct from the city called London.

I have no idea how feasible this is; I'm just spitballing from what little I know from the UK.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
I saw the Judges in Georgia and Michigan have thrown out Trump's lawsuits. That's infuriatingly and hysterically quick work. Average wait time for a preliminary hearing for a lawsuit is 18 month from first filing.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
I saw the Judges in Georgia and Michigan have thrown out Trump's lawsuits. That's infuriatingly and hysterically quick work. Average wait time for a preliminary hearing for a lawsuit is 18 month from first filing.
The fate of the republic is at stake!

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, but that's probably the average for lawsuits that are filed with some kind of evidence.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Everything has to be finished in by the start of December. It gets fast tracked, because it has to be sent to the Supreme Court as quickly as possible

Status
Not open for further replies.