Election results discussion thread (and sadly the inevitable aftermath)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
I dunno and it’s honestly unimportant because their particular views on Epstein are meaningless.
Yeah, so? I don’t like the USSR.
Yeah, and? I’ve been following it for a year and then some.
Epstein proves elites dabble in sex-trafficking. It's the nugget of truth they need
Yeah, so? you're transparent.
yet it hadn't gone into the national level until quite recently ( a few months) because it's being shilled by MSM to discredit all Trump supporters and you're eating that shit up

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Epstein proves elites dabble in sex-trafficking. It's the nugget of truth they need
Yeah, so? you're transparent.
yet it hadn't gone into the national level until quite recently ( a few months) because it's being shilled by MSM to discredit all Trump supporters and you're eating that shit up
No.
No.
No.

Reactions: Seanchaidh

Agema

Do everything and feel nothing
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Georgia has now flipped to a Biden lead.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
I took a long time with this deciding if your just straight up trolling. Let's assume that you are remotely coming to this with any faith
Have people said why? Not in most cases they just throw the term out their. You could go ask them if you want.
Yeah, like what the actual fuck? Just throwing the term around hey?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USoIAWVkCvk

There's plenty more. I mean, it was probably worth a google, hey?

Why I think she a TERF? (And I'm saying this because it's probably going to be important later) - Claiming that letting transpeople into women's bathrooms will lead to more sexual assault. Claiming that transpeople ruins the idea of sex (gender). Claiming that transpeople existing hurts LBG... (well nothing else because the other letter are the problem, am I right). 'Helping' LBGT people by donating to gay conversion therapy. There's probably more but I'd have to look it up again

As to your claim about Jim, IDK. I dont listen to him anymore. I dont have evidence that he in particular has litigated his case. Your probably going to have to listen and read all his stuff if your going to make that claim though

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
I love how it was ok to make Gandalf gay retroactively but now that she's saying a no-no opinion she's getting mobbed.

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
...according to internet randos!
I don't know if I'd call the Sanders campaign's press secretary an internet rando, but point taken.

The Democrats need to look very hard at why they underperformed. But you might also need to accept that potentially it's your lot who had something to do with it, too. For instance, all those protests and calls to defund the police may have played out extremely poorly with a lot of voters.
That is a narrative that centrist politicians and corporate media would like to spin. Including centrist politicians who lost their races.

Frankly, I don't buy it. Not when we have President-elect Crime Bill, Vice President-elect Top Cop and the vast majority of DSA-endorsed candidates won.

Reactions: crimson5pheonix

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
Oh hey, Jon Ossoff did just well enough to confirm a runoff for senate there. He’ll probably still lose, but that’s... nice?
What little I've seen of his campaigning-- which is from 2018, heh-- is so cringe. But apparently he dunked on Perdue in a debate, so that's fun.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
lel BLM and antifa were just useful to the Dems and were discarded after they were no longer necessary. predictable!

Agema

Do everything and feel nothing
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Why I think she a TERF?
I wouldn't call her a TERF simply because I think TERF has become a meaningless pejorative to casually write people off.

That is a narrative that centrist politicians and corporate media would like to spin. Including centrist politicians who lost their races.
I'm sure it is.

I'm just not very sure that the progressive narrative of "How dare you criticise us, obviously it's all the centreists fault, see these five Tweets" is sufficient analysis, either.

Reactions: Tireseas

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
I love how it was ok to make Gandalf gay retroactively but now that she's saying a no-no opinion she's getting mobbed.
Nah man. Everyone knew that she was just virtue signalling pretending Doubledoor was gay. The worst kind of tokenism

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
She was judged differently when she did two different things? Well...yes?

Though, yeah, lots of people weren't too happy with the retro gay thing anyway.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
I wouldn't call her a TERF simply because I think TERF has become a meaningless pejorative to casually write people off.
You know that being Politically Correct right

Ever notice how these sort of term always become a 'meaningless pejorative' but other pejorative seem to never be meaningless. I wonder if anyone can find a link there...hint its politically motivated

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Right wing politics *is* racism. Gutting the voting rights act *is* racism. Fearmongering about welfare queens, invasions of the suburbs, and "black on black" crime *is* racism. Shuttering refugee programs because some refugees are Muslims "and you know how they are" *is* bigotry. Why the fuck else is the ex-Governor of fucking Montana vetoing a "ban sharia law" bill an election issue otherwise? We're stupid white up here. The largest concentration of Muslim people in Montana are out of state university students, and we could probably fi5 all of them on a bus, why else would the GOP try and pass that bill?
No, it isn't. You're complaining that no matter what you do, you'll be characterized as an untenable extremist, but here you are suggesting that half of all political thought is inherently evil. How can you possibly expect people you're calling evil racists to think you're a reasonable person who can be worked with?

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
I'm sure it is.

I'm just not very sure that the progressive narrative of "How dare you criticise us, obviously it's all the centreists fault, see these five Tweets" is sufficient analysis, either.
How is "defund the police" harming politicians who disavowed it, with a party leader who disavowed it and went out of his way to condemn protestors at every opportunity? Meanwhile, we have depression-level unemployment and a do-nothing Congress. You really think Democrats suffered from "defund the police" when people are getting evicted, suicides are up because people are running out of money, and the Democrat's answer was a nebulous "we'll handle COVID better" and "it's important to consider the deficit"? The idea is absurd.

Reactions: crimson5pheonix

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Not be surprised if TheMysteriousGX doesn't think evil racists are likely to think they're a reasonable person who can be worked with. Due to the whole being evil racists thing.
Ok, but I'm a right-wing person. I'm right here. We're talking here. I'm suggesting things we can agree on.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
How is "defund the police" harming politicians who disavowed it, with a party leader who disavowed it and went out of his way to condemn protestors at every opportunity? Meanwhile, we have depression-level unemployment and a do-nothing Congress. You really think Democrats suffered from "defund the police" when people are getting evicted, suicides are up because people are running out of money, and the Democrat's answer was a nebulous "we'll handle COVID better" and "it's important to consider the deficit"? The idea is absurd.
Democrats didn't do poorly based on apathy for their mediocre talking points. They lost because Republicans turned out. Your explanation doesn't make sense. Agema's does.

Edit: unrelated side note. I'm enjoying the internet celebrating Steve Bannon's (perfectly reasonable) ban for suggesting beheadings, largely for the irony that the same internet was celebrating the mock guillotine outside the whitehouse a couple months ago. We've had 4 years of people acting like they want to be the French Revolution, one right-wing voice says heads on a pike and the whole world explodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.