Election results discussion thread (and sadly the inevitable aftermath)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agema

Do everything and feel nothing
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Biggest miracle is that people continued to want to do business with him. Though without loans from Deutsche Bank eh..''douche bank''(the only bank that would still loan him money) he would have gone bankrupt. To his credit Trump can be suprisingly candid, he didn't understand how a bank can be so stupid. xD Ultimately foreign investors, Russians etc were just buying into the brand. If this isn't showmanship I don't know what is.
I suspect it's not just that. It's that many Russian and Saudi investors may not be the same sort of organisations as in the West - more dominated by rich individuals with a lot of say and less institutional scrutiny and oversight. Potentially, being abroad, much less clued in to Trump's unreliablity. In some cases, perhaps, people of dubious repute with money from awkward sources who might not want to go through conventional channels anyway.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
I don't mean to suggest there's no accountability. What I mean to suggest is that people will be paid to be accountable. There are absolutely careers being the human in charge of automated systems to answer that question of accountability.
Professional scapegoats, eh? That's a small percentage of jobs, and it's never in the lowest part of the hierarchiy, where an AI can replace the employee as long as it produces the same or better results.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine

Oh man this is going to get messy. Pray for the states
The entire civilian command-structure of the military and alphabet agencies is being fired as I type this message. Soon there will be no middle-men between President Trump and the suits at the CIA or the brass at the army.

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
Soon there will be no middle-men between President Trump and the suits at the CIA or the brass at the army.
Which is bad for him. They hate him because he's spent the last 4 years shitting on them, insisting he doesn't need them.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
Which is bad for him. They hate him because he's spent the last 4 years shitting on them, insisting he doesn't need them.
Despite what you think, there are protocols in place for when there is a disputed succession, and those kinds of people are all going to answer to President Trump. This cuts out any weak-links. You'll watch him fill some of those positions with people that are willing to do things...
This guy is a riot. Soon to be Trump's only man in the DoD.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Corporations can't pass laws. The government already has a law in place. At the point the corporations can pass laws independently of the government, then the government laws, up to and including this theoretical ban on sharia law, will be defunct and protect nothing.

Go be a boring grifter somewhere else, you're not clever.
Corporations can enforce their own internal rules should they wish to.

Walmart did with the BS about not contraceptives before.

Go be an insulting lot of noise elsewhere if you can't understand the points being made

Tireseas

Plaguegirl
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Seattle
Country
United States
Not cronies and conspiracy theorists.
Loyalists.
Deleted after seeing your previous mention of one, but since we're talking...
linked CNN article said:
Among those who assumed new roles at the Department of Defense was controversial retired Brig. Gen. Anthony Tata, who moved into the Pentagon's top policy role, taking over the duties of James Anderson, who resigned Tuesday, according to another US defense official.
Tata had been nominated to be under secretary of defense for policy this summer but his nomination was withdrawn because of bipartisan opposition.
CNN's KFile reported that he has made numerous Islamophobic and offensive comments and promoted various conspiracy theories. In several 2018 tweets, he claimed Obama was a "terrorist leader" who did more to harm the US "and help Islamic countries than any president in history."
EDIT:
Retired Army Brig. Gen. Anthony Tata, who was nominated to become the under secretary of defense for policy at the Department of Defense, promoted conspiracy theories that John Brennan, the former CIA director, wanted to oust Trump from office, and pushed a bogus conspiracy theory that Brennan sent a coded tweet to order the assassination of Trump in 2018.
A spokesperson for Brennan declined to comment.
CNN's KFile reviewed dozens of Tata's radio and television appearances and found that he also spread conspiracy theories that a "deep state cabal" of officials would rather see Trump fail than succeed in office, a sentiment echoed by the President and his allies, using extreme rhetoric.

Godzillarich(aka tf2godz)

Get the point
Legacy
Aug 1, 2011
Cretaceous
Country
USA

EDIT:

So still three months of suffering. God help us all.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine

EDIT:

Oh I know this guy, I read up on him half an hour ago. He's a riot.
If Trump actually succeeds, this will be epic. Drain that swamp!

I found them:
1605057795202.png
1605057805803.png

Last edited:

Tireseas

Plaguegirl
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Seattle
Country
United States
So still three months of suffering. God help us all.
Honestly, this is my bigger worry. We have 71 more days of Donald Trump as president, a man who didn't even handle victory well, much less a loss. Every day the transition is barred from proceeding is another day behind the Biden administration will be in being able to tackle a health and economic crisis. And that is the best case scenario.

I remain worried that the GOP will discard any pretense of democratic legitimacy and simply support Trump's attempt to remain in office despite a clear (if narrower than preferred) loss as a result of the election. This is how civil wars start.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
Honestly, this is my bigger worry. We have 71 more days of Donald Trump as president, a man who didn't even handle victory well, much less a loss. Every day the transition is barred from proceeding is another day behind the Biden administration will be in being able to tackle a health and economic crisis. And that is the best case scenario.

I remain worried that the GOP will discard any pretense of democratic legitimacy and simply support Trump's attempt to remain in office despite a clear (if narrower than preferred) loss as a result of the election. This is how civil wars start.
Also, this:
Patel is a heavy hitter.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
If I were a progressive president, and I had majorities in both the house and senate. This is the first thing I would do.

Basically, you want M4A, done, want GND, done, 15 dollar min. wage, done, why is no one talking about this?

Status
Not open for further replies.