The Perfect Apolitical/Politics Free Video.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
I never liked Sarkeesian (the death and rape threats aimed at here were highly disgusting and unnecessary.), but whatever points she did have would be under minded byinsulting others or shooting her arguments in the foot. She's also a schemer that admits she does not like playing video games at one major point. Why Sarkeesian stuck around for that long is beyond me. Real answer is money, but she there were plenty of times her arguements went in to huge leaps in logic or she did not back her evidence. It's why I never tuned in to her videos. Hell, around 2016-2017, even most of her follows dropped like a hot potato. Most young people don't even know she exist at this point.
Not to derail the topic further, but if you didn't watch her videos, how do you know about her huge leaps of logic?

Don't get me wrong, I didn't exactly like them myself, but they were hardly a great evil

EDIT: Eh, fuck it, not important. Like you said, talking about her now is at least 3 years out of date. It's a wonder she gets brought up at all

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Weird, you keep saying that but it's not in the article you posted
“I would love for companies to have moral restrictions, but they don’t.” She then dove into a multitude of examples of games or movies wherein female characters are used only as devices to show how depraved a male character is, citing specifically Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood and the Grand Theft Auto series.
So what you think her moral restrictions would vary from company to company lol?

Reactions: Houseman

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Not to derail the topic further, but if you didn't watch her videos, how do you know about her huge leaps of logic?
I've seen three of her videos before deciding never touch her dumb shit again. The damsels vid, the Powerpuff Girls vid, and Bayonetta. It's been a while, but if they are still on YouTube, check them out. If not, they have hopefully been archived, but I am not going out of my way for her. You are on you own for that one.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't exactly like them myself, but they were hardly a great evil.
No, but I don't like the spread of misinformation and villanizing shows or games that are not as bad as they look. Or big mishandlings of the subject. I also do not support someone plagiarizing other peoples gameplay videos and deny giving them the proper credit. Especially when Sarkeesian acts like she did nothing wrong in the plagiarizing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
It's like we're playing telephone. I say one thing, and then you reword what I said in a way that changes the meaning.

I didn't say "art that pushes a message". I said "art to push a message". There's an important subtle difference there.

I also never said anything about "revolving around a message".

Look, if you want to discuss this with me, you're first going to have to prove to me that you understand what I'm saying, because this whole exchange has just been me correcting your misunderstandings over and over again.
It's a packaged deal. How are you supposed to make X-Men with the message that "bigotry is bad" while not creating it to push said message?

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
I dunno, y'all bitched mightily about Square Enix's Ethics Department giving Tifa a sports bra.

If that's the extent of it, I really can't get that worked up
Because that's still one step along a road and people are very intent to say they wanting it going no further.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I dunno, y'all bitched mightily about Square Enix's Ethics Department giving Tifa a sports bra.
I remember that. Just when you think certain people could not get any dumber. Sports bra exist in real life FFVII fan boys. I like Tifa in either version and she still kicks plenty of ass. From what I've seen in VII_Reamke and Chip's walkthrough of the game, Tifa almost plays similar to a Platinum games character with her brawler/bare fisted monk style.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
I remember that. Just when you think certain people could not get any dumber. Sports bra exist in real life FFVII fan boys. I like Tifa in either version and she still kicks plenty of ass. From what I've seen in VII_Reamke and Chip's walkthrough of the game, Tifa almost plays similar to a Platinum games character with her brawler/bare fisted monk style.
Just to point this out.

Really the ethics department felt she needed a sports bra in a world where Cloud's sword is bigger than he is and people throw magic spells at one another?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Really the ethics department felt she needed a sports bra in a world where Cloud's sword is bigger than he is and people throw magic spells at one another?
While a semi-weird justification, it did not bother me in the slightest. Tifa still had fan-service on her, just slightly subtle. She still rocks the tomboy yet with positive feminine traits look.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
How are you supposed to make X-Men with the message that "bigotry is bad" while not creating it to push said message?
You set your priorities on making a good comic first, when the message comes second.
You don't view the comic as a means to an end, as in "I want to make this comic IN ORDER TO push this message", you view it as an end in itself.

Well...it seems to me like the distinction between art with a message and art to push a message is a subjective one, no?
It's objective, in that there is an objective answer to "what was the artist's intentions when making this?"
Just because the audience doesn't know the answer for certain, it doesn't make it subjective.

For example, there exists an objective secret recipe for KFC's chicken regardless of whether or not customers know what that recipe is.

. She still rocks the tomboy yet with positive feminine traits look.
I always saw Yuffie as more of a tomboy than Tifa.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
While a semi-weird justification, it did not bother me in the slightest. Tifa still had fan-service on her, just slightly subtle. She still rocks the tomboy yet with positive feminine traits look.
yeh, I can see why people objected though, hell I posted a video of Genna Bain objecting to the changes above during the reveal thing.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I always saw Yuffie as more of a tomboy than Tifa.
Exactly. Tifa is a partial tomboy, while Yuffie is 100% tomboy. I just like Tifa more because she has that right balance. Nothing against Yuffie, but she is your typical ninja brat, but with some depth. Still a better ninja and character than the majority of the cast from Naruto.

yeh, I can see why people objected though, hell I posted a video of Genna Bain objecting to the changes above during the reveal thing.
Honestly, people were way beyond over reacting. She still the same Tifa as before. Just some slight additional wardrobe. She even kept her larger chest, but more realistic proportion by comparison. Nobody died or was mutilated. No ones family or mother was insulted. Nothing worth losing sleep over, as people bought the game and nothing was lost. Those same fans and people are going to forget and look for a new boogieman or outrage to worked up over nothing.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Exactly. Tifa is a partial tomboy, while Yuffie is 100% tomboy. I just like Tifa more because she has that right balance. Nothing against Yuffie, but she is your typical ninja brat, but with some depth. Still a better ninja and character than the majority of the cast from Naruto.

Honestly, people were way beyond over reacting. She still the same Tifa as before. Just some slight additional wardrobe. She even kept her larger chest, but more realistic proportion by comparison. Nobody died or was mutilated. No ones family or mother was insulted. Nothing worth losing sleep over, as people bought the game and nothing was lost. Those same fans and people are going to forget and look for a new boogieman or outrage to worked up over nothing.
yeh but people were really worried more changes would be incoming or pushed in. That this was the first sign of a problem about to start.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
yeh but people were really worried more changes would be incoming or pushed in. That this was the first sign of a problem about to start.
And yet, way back in 2005, 15 years ago:
AF2AC303-7DD3-4BEF-884A-08F502F50FE2.png
But it's <current year>, so you have to be hyper vigilant about the video game destroying SJWs

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
And they worried over nothing. I get where they were coming from, but if Max_Dood (BIG FFVII fan) and his friends were not worried in the slightest, the game was going to turn out fine. I know Sony (their arrogance coming back again) got more censor happy with certain Japanse games and comes off as hypocritical and arbitrary, but that was in-house decision from SE. Sony had no say in their decision. If anything, more fan-service was added in Remake, but just subtle. Vanilla VII had it, but it was mostly in the background with minor appearances at best. And guess what, those fans get to live another day and play an awesome game packed with tons of details upon tiny details. Tifa's sports bra was the least of my issues and not even on my radar of concerns, My main concern was remaking the a game and splitting it in two parts. A situation I still do not agree with. That is something they should have been more worried about.

Reactions: TheMysteriousGX

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
And they worried over nothing. I get where they were coming from, but if Max_Dood (BIG FFVII fan) and his friends were not worried in the slightest, the game was going to turn out fine. I know Sony (their arrogance coming back again) got more censor happy with certain Japanse games and comes off as hypocritical and arbitrary, but that was in-house decision from SE. Sony had no say in their decision. If anything, more fan-service was added in Remake, but just subtle. Vanilla VII had it, but it was mostly in the background with minor appearances at best. And guess what, those fans get to live another day and play an awesome game packed with tons of details upon tiny details. Tifa's sports bra was the least of my issues and not even on my radar of concerns, My main concern was remaking the a game and splitting it in two parts. A situation I still do not agree with. That is something they should have been more worried about.
Yes but better over nothing than fail to react to something.

I mean the whole Steam censoring adult games really came out of left field before

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
And yet, way back in 2005, 15 years ago:
View attachment 1532
But it's <current year>, so you have to be hyper vigilant about the video game destroying SJWs
Funny none of those assholes complained about Advent Children Tifa back then. God that movie was confusing, dragged on, and way too over hyped. I saw it twice, never touched it again, and sold it to my local comic shop.