Election results discussion thread (and sadly the inevitable aftermath)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
So now you think there are counterfeit ballots? Well then, you've graduated from irrational to literally delusional.
That's based on the testimony of witnesses who said they saw ballots with signatures that all look similar, and completely smooth ballots without creases, which indicates they had never been folded (like how you would just print one)

Also the whole thing behind telling everyone to go home while a few stay behind and pull ballots from underneath tables and count them with no oversight.

Last edited:

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Oh, is that the same person? I never made the connection.

Also:

And
"A tip of the Stetson to (who the hell ever) for reminding us what real journalism looks like."

"The Georgia Dems & RINOs...."

Yep, this is what Houseman considers to be "unbiased reporting".

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
In short, we have no way from the information in that Twitter feed to accurately judge what the situation is.
Shocker! Using Twitter to accurately judge the situation doesn't work out...

Recounts only find evidence of specific types of fraud. They don't find counterfeit ballots.
I was implying that the recount was worthless, because what they really need is a full forensic audit.

Hence my analogy. Counting counterfeit money doesn't separate the fakes from the real currency.

You can't just do a recount and feel confident that absolutely no fraud happened. If you do, and you are, then you're either in on it or not very intelligent.
But but but but but... what about all that "evidence" that those Dominion voting machines have some algorithm to flip the election to Biden? Why would the Democrats need to both cheat via the voting machines and also stuffing the ballot box with fake ballots? None of this makes sense. You either know (or think it's very likely) that there's fraud because you uncovered information pointing to it or you just make it up as you go. When you want there to be fraud when you don't know if there's fraud, you jump from theory to theory with no evidence to back it up because you're trying to build a case on your desired outcome instead of based on evidence.

The much much much much more likely scenario is Pennsylvania and Michigan returned to voting democratic as they did in the last 6 of 7 elections, and Wisconsin also returned to being democratic as well since they voted that way in 7 of the last 8 elections.

Unless........

The Democratics have been doing this for decades!!!!! And they didn't think anyone could lose to Trump in 2016 and thus didn't cheat. We didn't get the rigged voting machines from Hugo Chavez and Venezuala, they got them from US!!!!!!!!

Reactions: crimson5pheonix

Agema

Do everything and feel nothing
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Shocker! Using Twitter to accurately judge the situation doesn't work out...
This is essentially a bunch of ignorami claiming a professional's criticism of an underqualified amateur's work is a load of rubbish. It's not likely to lead to a happy place.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
That's based on the testimony of witnesses who said they saw ballots with signatures that all look similar, and completely smooth ballots without creases, which indicates they had never been folded (like how you would just print one)

Also the whole thing behind telling everyone to go home while a few stay behind and pull ballots from underneath tables and count them with no oversight.
So a bunch of vague circumstantial accusations, then. Quelle surprise.

I'm just posting what the Trump squad posts/retweets
We've noticed.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Texas is bringing a lawsuit to the Supreme Court against 4 other states.

Agema

Do everything and feel nothing
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
I just want to pick out this gem:

"The probability of former Vice President Biden winning the popular vote in the four Defendant States — Georgia, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin — independently given President Trump’s early lead in those States as of 3 a.m. on November 4, 2020, is less than one in a quadrillion, or 1 in 1,000,000,000,000,000. For former Vice President Biden to win these four States collectively, the odds of that event happening decrease to less than one in a quadrillion to the fourth power"

This is hilarious. I mean, I'd love to see what the working was here.

In science, we have a principle that if your model fails to match reality, something is wrong with your model. It's always fun to see someone who thinks that when there's a mismatch between their model and reality, there's something wrong with reality.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020

"The probability of former Vice President Biden winning the popular vote in the four Defendant States — Georgia, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin — independently given President Trump’s early lead in those States as of 3 a.m. on November 4, 2020, is less than one in a quadrillion, or 1 in 1,000,000,000,000,000. For former Vice President Biden to win these four States collectively, the odds of that event happening decrease to less than one in a quadrillion to the fourth power"

In science, we have a principle that if your model fails to match reality, something is wrong with your model. It's always fun to see someone who thinks that when there's a mismatch between their model and reality, there's something wrong with reality.
Yeah, I didn't know what was going on with that one, so I didn't post it.

edit: Oh, yes I did, because it's in the Texas lawsuit.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where

Yeah shit like that actually has to be proven in court. I think it was the Jim Sterling vs DigiHom shit where Jim had said in a video there wasn't enough popcorn in the world to make their games worth watching, and DigiHom said that was slander and there was, and Jim's lawyer's response was "Prove it. Prove there is enough popcorn in the world."

Reactions: Phoenixmgs
Status
Not open for further replies.