Election results discussion thread (and sadly the inevitable aftermath)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Not to mention lives lost by Trump's betrayal of the Kurds, and families forcibly separated at the border (the latter being a continuation, but also an intensification, of previously existing policies).
That's another world to most of the US, though most likely so are the covid deaths to many people not dying.

Looks like the quote function's messed up again. That was Dwarvenhobble, not Godzillarich.
Possibly the quote function messing up, though there's also the issue of unposted posts hanging around. Start to reply to someone, change your mind, come back to the topic later to quote someone else, delete from the first quote tag down to the content you want to keep and not pay attention...I've done that.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
So, there will be an orderly transition of power now that a violent attempt to seize it has failed. Fuck him and every one of his seditious supporters.
There was always going to be an orderly transition of power. You could have gone to sleep on the day after the election and woke up for the inauguration and not know nor have to care that any of this nonsense happened.

Godzillarich(aka tf2godz)

Get the point
Legacy
Aug 1, 2011
Cretaceous
Country
USA

interesting article about the perspective of the outside world on this riot. some highlights

Britain's the Times
Democrats and Republicans alike pulled on gas masks and sheltered under desks and staff hid in offices.
Germany's Die Welt
"Day of shame for American democracy"
Italy's La Repubblica
"America -- all of America -- watched on in horror as the equivalent of The March on Rome unfolded in Washington on live television -- the invasion of the Capitol, the attack on democracy's sacredness itself"
Philippines's Le Figaro
"Donald Trump could have come out on top -- as a strong "president of the people" with a contested, but not negligable, record. Instead of that, his narcissism got the better of his dignity; he has manhandled institutions, trampled on democracy, divided his camp and thrown his presidency in a ditch."
Brazilian's O Globo
"The United States has fallen to the level of Latin-American countries"
O Estado de S. Paulo Also Brazil
"The target was the Capitol, not the Twin Towers, but this was also terrorism,"
"Domestic terrorism, internal, against the Capitol, the flames fanned by President Donald Trump himself."
Egypt's Al-Ahram
"the sacrifice of American democracy, the death of its liberty, and the plummeting of the values it has ceaselessly tried to export around the world and used as a reason to interfere in other countries' affairs".

Reactions: MrCalavera

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
There was always going to be an orderly transition of power. You could have gone to sleep on the day after the election and woke up for the inauguration and not know nor have to care that any of this nonsense happened.
It's just lovely to see conservatives call the unprecedented in our nation's history storming, occupation, and looting of the US Capitol in an attempt to prevent said peaceful transition of democratic power as "nonsense." We should all just forget about the attempted coup that only occurred because the Republican President, numerous Republican politicians, and conservative media created a false narrative and whipped up their followers into a fury.

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States
The last promise that Donald Trump lied to get his cultists to do whatever he deems fit.

But please, please continue to point out how they are the ones who are aggrieved. It doesn't even enter into the fact that these are the people who willingly believe lie after lie that want to hear. They don't stop and put any critical thought. They listen to anything that gets their emotion up. But hey, that's not their fault because they were told these things... Even though their supporters tell everyone else to use common sense and not to believe everything they hear.

And don't get me started about how the rabblerousers claim they don't listen to MSM any more because all they do is lie. Trump's final instigation was a lie. He wasn't there with you. How many lies do you need to hear before you treat Trump the same way you treat the mainstream media? I don't think mainstream media is a bastion of truth, but it at least has a better track record of truth to lie ratio than Trump.

But the cultists do things because someone told them they are special and deserve more than the measly majority rule that they were gifted and cultivated since birth...
Your heart really has to go out to them.

Lastly, yesterday was certification day. The final day to bring out any Truth, Facts, or Evidence that was burning a hole in your pocket. The very materials that the Republicans and Trump and his Cultists said it was so overwhelming, and just wait a few more days until we unveil it.

YESTERDAY. WAS. THAT. DAY.

Where is it? What evidence was given other than Republican Representatives saying "The people have doubts, so we shouldn't certify". Wouldn't that be the best time to go "Nope, Biden wasn't the winner. Here is all the evidence we told you for weeks we had. Please stop and go over it now".

It didn't happen. Why didn't it happen? Do not deflect, do not point to anything else, do not be any more of a rabblerouser. If YOU have a grave injustice that you have irrefutable evidence over, why would you not bring it up on the final day that you have overwhelming focus on your platform?

Bartholen

At age 6 I was born without a face
Legacy
Jul 1, 2020
Country
Finland
WE'RE REACHING LEVELS OF GASLIGHTING THAT SHOULDN'T BE POSSIBLE!!!!!

Cheetodust

Elite Member
Jun 2, 2020
Country
Ireland
Honestly I've been seeing more whataboutism from Trump supporters. Whataboutism one of the favorite tool of authoritarian who can't take criticism.
They're going to do everything to move the conversation away from the fact that fascists stormed the capitol to overturn an election.

"What about BLM."
"Didn't work, no big deal."

Whatever. The only response is "The fascist wannabe dictator you support encouraged his followers to commit an act of terrorism." Their arguments aren't there for debate, they exist purely to move the conversation further away from that fact.

Now is not the time to defend BLM and Antifa. You are not on the defensive here.

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States
They're going to do everything to move the conversation away from the fact that fascists stormed the capitol to overturn an election.

"What about BLM."
"Didn't work, no big deal."

Whatever. The only response is "The fascist wannabe dictator you support encouraged his followers to commit an act of terrorism." Their arguments aren't there for debate, they exist purely to move the conversation further away from that fact.

Now is not the time to defend BLM and Antifa. You are not on the defensive here.
Listen to Cheetodust.

This is like when a husband is caught cheating and he blames her for his dead-end job or complains about how no one respects him.

It's to make the other person on the defensive to put them off-balance and to obtain some moral high ground.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
a few even planted bomb-like devices in the Capitol itself.
That was the RNC building, unless you mean "the Capitol" to mean "the whole of D.C", or unless there's some news I haven't seen yet.

The only response is "The fascist wannabe dictator you support encouraged his followers to commit an act of terrorism."
The only response to that is to say "Quote him. Quote Trump encouraging his followers to commit an act of terrorism."
And then watch as they stall for time and pull at their collars when they can't.

---
Remember, back in July, when rioters set a church, across from the White House, on fire?
E1XwSTCb.jpeg

Last edited:

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
It's just lovely to see conservatives call the unprecedented in our nation's history storming, occupation, and looting of the US Capitol in an attempt to prevent said peaceful transition of democratic power as "nonsense." We should all just forget about the attempted coup that only occurred because the Republican President, numerous Republican politicians, and conservative media created a false narrative and whipped up their followers into a fury.
What I'm telling you is that the people who stormed the capitol are irrelevant to the operations of the US government and the transfer of power to the Biden administration. Their actions changed nothing. They are idiots for thinking their actions would change anything. Anyone of any persuasion who thinks any of this could ever have possibly resulted in a second Trump term is very ignorant, be it the people scaling the walls or the people on the internet thinking Trump will order a military coup. It's all meaningless, and all of you are giving it more importance than it deserves.

Reactions: Houseman

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Everyone who isn't condemning the coup attempt and is trying to downplay it is, at heart, against democracy and in favor of the most basic and brute form of fascism: Might makes right.
I'm downplaying it because might doesn't make right in America.I wouldn't say I'm not condemning it, I've said only bad things about these people, but I will continue to downplay the significance of the event because might doesn't make right in America.

Adam Jensen

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
I'm downplaying it because might doesn't make right in America.I wouldn't say I'm not condemning it, I've said only bad things about these people, but I will continue to downplay the significance of the event because might doesn't make right in America.
No, you're downplaying it because you support it and you're trying to find a bullshit excuse not to admit it.

Reactions: TheMysteriousGX

MrCalavera

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2020
Country
Poland
No, you're downplaying it because you support it and you're trying to find a bullshit excuse not to admit it.
Nah, he doesn't.
He knows this will be used against the Republicans, so just like a good chunk of GOP, downplays it and distances himself from the Trumptanic.

Status
Not open for further replies.