Impeachment 2, the reckoning revenge redemption.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
And, no, the Civil Rights Act did not transfer authority for enforcement of this to a Federal agency.
I mean, it gave the authority to first the Attorney General, second the court system, and third established a federal agency called the Community Relations Service whose purpose was to get people to comply without taking them to court. Those are, in fact, all federal authorities.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
An impeachment cannot be pardoned, so there's a good reason.

Hell, if he pulls some bullshit in the run up to the inauguration, impeach him a third time, fuck'em.

blockhead77

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2020
If we want Trump to pay for what he's done, an impeachment is probably the thing that'll do the least. (Even more so given how he only has two weeks left.)

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
If we want Trump to pay for what he's done, an impeachment is probably the thing that'll do the least. (Even more so given how he only has two weeks left.)
Impeachment (plus being found guilty in the Senate) implies that the individual has committed a crime. Pretty sure a judgement by the senate is legally actionable and would immediately or quickly lead to a federal conviction as well.

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
Being found guilty via impeachment, even after he leaves office, strips him of the traditional entitlements for former presidents (including any degree of immunity) and bars him from running for federal office ever again. It is actually the thing at this point that will do the most.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
What would do the most?

Impeachment (plus being found guilty in the Senate) implies that the individual has committed a crime. ...
Not necessarily, isn't it more like a 'vote of no confidence'?

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
While discussing this with someone, I pointed out that being convicted would mean the removal of his 200k pension, secret service detail etc.

Their reponse was "Lol, like Trump cares about a 200k pension"

That sounds like a pretty damn good reason not to spend tax dollars giving him one???

Last edited:

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
While discussing this with someone, I pointed out that being convicted would mean the removal of his 200k pension, secret service detail etc.

Their reponse was "Lol, like Trump cares about a 200k pension"

That sounds like a pretty damn good reason not to spend tax dollars giving him one???
Rich people care about every penny, that's why they pay teams of accountants to find every possible tax loophole to save as much money as possible.

So yeah, Trump cares about a $200k pension, and even more than that I think he cares about what the $200k pension represents.

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
The exasperating part is the person in question refers to any welfare or govt health insurance as "handouts". Yet dont have issues with 6 figure lifetime pensions for 4 years of....I feel uncomfortable saying work or service for Trump

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
So as I understand it, this is going forward because the republicans wanna avoid having him run again in 4 years and get even more slaughtered, so they're using impeachment to avoid this because if you're impeached you can't ever run again. Not sure it's something to celebrate but I sure as hell would buy presidentivanka.com if I was one of those sneaky people who buy domains and then resell them for absurd profits.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
So as I understand it, this is going forward because the republicans wanna avoid having him run again in 4 years and get even more slaughtered, so they're using impeachment to avoid this because if you're impeached you can't ever run again. Not sure it's something to celebrate but I sure as hell would buy presidentivanka.com if I was one of those sneaky people who buy domains and then resell them for absurd profits.
Or Donald Trump Jr

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
I think some of them are a bit concerned with armed mobs attacking their workplaces. Actually endangering the people that matter is crossing a line.

Reactions: deleted20220709

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
I think some of them are a bit concerned with armed mobs attacking their workplaces. Actually endangering the people that matter is crossing a line.
They're concerned in the same way a pyromaniac is concerned about their gunpowder catching fire while they're immolating the house next door. Not really the sort of concern you have in mind XD.

Generals

Elite Member
May 19, 2020
Nah that guy is a dumbass, Ivanka and her husband are the power players. He just likes grandstanding.
I thought being, or at least acting like, a dumbass is what got Trump elected? Ivanka and Jared are way too "polished" to actually compete for Trumpists.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
I thought being, or at least acting like, a dumbass is what got Trump elected? Ivanka and Jared are way too "polished" to actually compete for Trumpists.
Nah Trump knows how to play the crowd, he's a showman, one who uses being a dumbass as part of his show, I've been entertained by some of his rants (such as him mocking how people sound presidential, he got people to laugh at him mocking "and god bless the USA" in a republican rally, that's pretty difficulty lol). His son has no such showmanship elements to him, he's just a rich arrogant brat lol.

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Not necessarily, isn't it more like a 'vote of no confidence'?
The Senate trial is essentially an actual trial, complete with being full of legally admissible statements, conclusions, and testimony under oath. I don’t think it has legally enforceable consequences beyond stripping him of all rights and privileges of a president/ex-president though.

Reactions: Kwak

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Nah that guy is a dumbass, Ivanka and her husband are the power players. He just likes grandstanding.
Overprivileged, grandstanding mediocrities like Don Jr. have been making it to the Senate for centuries; millennia if we include equivalent rank in other countries throughout history.