Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Heck if its the latter it might show the death of Jason Todd Robin

Who cares though? They've done nothing to establish that character, so it will simply be checking a box of "and batman is sad because he lost a robin". But nobody knows the robin, we haven't developed an affection for him over, hell even just ONE movie, much less multiple. So he's literally an empty shell (evidenced by the empty armor right there in the picture) with no actual context, other than to be a driving reason to push bruce over an edge, that he's already reached anyway, because hey it happened in the comics, so we have to show it to appease the rabid fan base, for them to go "Oh hey, that's from A Death in the Family"

Reactions: BrawlMan

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
Who cares though? They've done nothing to establish that character, so it will simply be checking a box of "and batman is sad because he lost a robin". But nobody knows the robin, we haven't developed an affection for him over, hell even just ONE movie, much less multiple. So he's literally an empty shell (evidenced by the empty armor right there in the picture) with no actual context, other than to be a driving reason to push bruce over an edge, that he's already reached anyway, because hey it happened in the comics, so we have to show it to appease the rabid fan base, for them to go "Oh hey, that's from A Death in the Family"
In the end this movie won't be canon anyway and just serves to make the Zack Synder trilogy feel "complete" and "tonally consistent"

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
Still can't believe it won't be out until Q4 2021.

The trailer made it seem like it was finished enough for at least a Janurary - March Release.

Not a November 2021 release.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Still can't believe it won't be out until Q4 2021.

The trailer made it seem like it was finished enough for at least a Janurary - March Release.

Not a November 2021 release.
Fuck the film even harder, and I now loss what little interest I have. Wake me up when Spider-Gwen gets her own game or movie.

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
Fuck the film even harder, and I now loss what little interest I have. Wake me up when Spider-Gwen gets her own game or movie.
I'll let you know what I've witnessed when that fateful day comes.

And I don't really give a toss about Spider-Gwen.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
I'll let you know what I've witnessed when that fateful day comes.

And I don't really give a toss about Spider-Gwen.
I actually find myself more interested in the variant takes on the classic heroes these days. I mean, I know Peter Parker Spiderman, I know what plots they will do with him very well. Why? Because they've been doing them for 50 fucking years. Ben will die, making him feel sad, Aunt May will be a point of threat for his identity, and frequent hostage to motivate him to punch harder at the climax. Rotating roster of love interests that will never actually pan out for very long, because conflicting obligations and double life. Yes yes, saw that, read the book, next?

At least with the variations, they have room to come up with SOME new stuff, though they often still toss them against the old enemies. Like I'm sure making Miles Morales fight OG Green Goblin gets somebody's rocks off, but I'd rather he had his own Villain's Gallery of goons to fight, with their own motivations and stuff.

Plus I enjoy taking a character that is basically only known for being dead, and instead giving her the Random Power Up moment, so that she can go off and do cool/exciting things. Sort of like how it seems they've been working this FF 7 Remake, where the heroes, when looking at the OG plot are like "nah, fuck that, we're gonna let Aerith, be a badass and do cool shit, not just die to be tragic."

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
Is it just me or does Zack Snyder seem to be approaching this with a kind of frantic desperation? The director's cut was allegedly finished, just needed polish passes, but he keeps adding shit to it and now they're hoping for a Fall 2021 release? I have to wonder if he's worried he's on the way out and this is his shot at regaining some ground.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I actually find myself more interested in the variant takes on the classic heroes these days. I mean, I know Peter Parker Spiderman, I know what plots they will do with him very well. Why? Because they've been doing them for 50 fucking years. Ben will die, making him feel sad, Aunt May will be a point of threat for his identity, and frequent hostage to motivate him to punch harder at the climax. Rotating roster of love interests that will never actually pan out for very long, because conflicting obligations and double life. Yes yes, saw that, read the book, next?

At least with the variations, they have room to come up with SOME new stuff, though they often still toss them against the old enemies. Like I'm sure making Miles Morales fight OG Green Goblin gets somebody's rocks off, but I'd rather he had his own Villain's Gallery of goons to fight, with their own motivations and stuff.

Plus I enjoy taking a character that is basically only known for being dead, and instead giving her the Random Power Up moment, so that she can go off and do cool/exciting things. Sort of like how it seems they've been working this FF 7 Remake, where the heroes, when looking at the OG plot are like "nah, fuck that, we're gonna let Aerith, be a badass and do cool shit, not just die to be tragic."
Have you seen season 2 of Harley Quinn? They get more creative with the Joker in that season than any movie or comicbook has been in the last thirty years. And why? Because it's just a goofy comedy show that doesn't need to fall in line with the canon.

Shadyside

Bad Hombre
Legacy
Aug 20, 2020
On top of your sister
Country
Republic of Texas
Have you seen season 2 of Harley Quinn? They get more creative with the Joker in that season than any movie or comicbook has been in the last thirty years. And why? Because it's just a goofy comedy show that doesn't need to fall in line with the canon.
I actually want to see Joker be a murderous step father.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
No I haven't, as I just really don't like Harley's overall persona. That "adorably pscyho" just doesn't do it for me, like at all. I know in some iterations, like I think in the Injustice 2(?) she has some whole arc about actually breaking out from Joker's abusive control, and that's cool and all. I still don't find "my superpower is psychosis" to be compelling. Maybe it's from actually having somebody who is psychotic grab me by the throat, and threaten to rip my arms and legs off, and actually look into the eyes of someone that is in that mental state, I don't find it fun or enjoyable. I just see insanity.

But hey, if people like her, and stuff, that's fine, it's just not my jam.

Reactions: deleted20220709

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
No I haven't, as I just really don't like Harley's overall persona. That "adorably pscyho" just doesn't do it for me, like at all. I know in some iterations, like I think in the Injustice 2(?) she has some whole arc about actually breaking out from Joker's abusive control, and that's cool and all. I still don't find "my superpower is psychosis" to be compelling. Maybe it's from actually having somebody who is psychotic grab me by the throat, and threaten to rip my arms and legs off, and actually look into the eyes of someone that is in that mental state, I don't find it fun or enjoyable. I just see insanity.

But hey, if people like her, and stuff, that's fine, it's just not my jam.
Well, guess what the show is about; her actually breaking free from all that stuff. I said it recently in a different thread, but Harley Quinn is the least typical Harley Quinn in this show. She doesn't even have her accent really. It's basically just lady supervillain trying to make it on her own with friends. There's no sexualized/cutesified mental issues, that's for sure. Most of the characters, apart from maybe Batman and the Joker are given a somewhat different characterisation than what they're usually like. It might surprise you. It certainly did for me.
I actually want to see Joker be a murderous step father.
Yeah, but just make it, like, his job. Make him come home after a long day and his wife asks 'How was work, baby?', and Joker'll be like 'Well, I tried to kill a whole bunch of people with a gas-filled zeppelin, but then Batman showed up so, you know... nothing new.'

Reactions: Buyetyen

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
Well, guess what the show is about; her actually breaking free from all that stuff. I said it recently in a different thread, but Harley Quinn is the least typical Harley Quinn in this show. She doesn't even have her accent really. It's basically just lady supervillain trying to make it on her own with friends. There's no sexualized/cutesified mental issues, that's for sure. Most of the characters, apart from maybe Batman and the Joker are given a somewhat different characterisation than what they're usually like. It might surprise you. It certainly did for me.
That's a welcome switch. I liked the character in the original animated series (not without a couple criticisms along the way of course), but since then she's been one of the most gratuitously over-sexualized and objectified characters in DC's roster.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Zack Snyder's Justice League officially rated R

I fully admit this may be just me being me, but I have trouble contemplating why anything starring the Justice League should ever be rated R. Like, a super important foundational idea or twenty has been missed, or worse, actively discarded to get there.
Well, they gave it to Zack Snyder, which perhaps wasn't the best move to begin with.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Well, they gave it to Zack Snyder, which perhaps wasn't the best move to begin with.
So, if the Synder Cut doesn't end up being "Totally Redeeming!" like the fanboys apparently think it's going to be, will we hear the end of them griping about it...or will we starting hearing about "Release the REAL SYNDER CUT!" that they're convinced is locked in the WB vault and kept hidden away for reasons(Clearly because it's too good)?

Why am I asking this question? I already know the answer.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
So, if the Synder Cut doesn't end up being "Totally Redeeming!" like the fanboys apparently think it's going to be, will we hear the end of them griping about it...or will we starting hearing about "Release the REAL SYNDER CUT!" that they're convinced is locked in the WB vault and kept hidden away for reasons(Clearly because it's too good)?

Why am I asking this question? I already know the answer.
Honestly, ignore them. It's what I do with nearly any toxic part of a fandom.

Zack Snyder's Justice League officially rated R

I fully admit this may be just me being me, but I have trouble contemplating why anything starring the Justice League should ever be rated R. Like, a super important foundational idea or twenty has been missed, or worse, actively discarded to get there.
If anyone wants to watch this disaster go right ahead, because my interest died with the release date for November of this year. Still more interested in a Spider-Gwen film or game.