Status
Not open for further replies.

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Oh so the Police were meant to just stand there and take it not try to disperse the crowds throwing rocks.
Assuming the rocks were thrown first and the rounds were only shot in retaliation and only at people throwing rocks, the tracer rounds are far more dangerous than rocks dude.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Think that but rubber and yes they are calling them tracer rounds, point is to pick up the people who get hit by the rounds since the chemicals are hard to wash off. Problem is, they kept firing at people who weren’t doing shit, as the large number of recordings show.
Oh, I get it. Thanks. Might be better to call them "marker rounds", since if you put "tracer rounds" into google, you get actual rounds that glow. It might confuse people, is all, but if that's what they're calling them...

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
... I'm confused, isn't that the mindset that a majority of Americans feel minorities should adopt? Stand there and take it?
Protesting isn't standing there doing nothing.
I'm not saying people should stand and take violence against them.
I am saying and have been saying this will go sideways fast after the protests turned into riots.

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
I am saying and have been saying this will go sideways fast after the protests turned into riots.
To quote the shitty white woman meme “this is the bad place.” Maybe sideways is worth trying when you’re already upside down.

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Oh, I get it. Thanks. Might be better to call them "marker rounds", since if you put "tracer rounds" into google, you get actual rounds that glow. It might confuse people, is all, but if that's what they're calling them...
I’ve seen both used, marker may be more technically accurate, idk.

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States
Forgive the attempts of Gallows Humor. That wasn't directed to you at all, but just an opening that I couldn't resist. My apologies.

But in a serious manner, protests have quickly shown not to matter if certain people do it. Blacks are chief among those groups. In fact, Black Lives Matter was co-opted by many to paint blacks in an anti-government, anti-police manner. Your protests mean nothing if you can't control the message, like Blacks can not.

Tippy here is somewhat proof of that. The alarm of the riot coming down, close to where he is sent alarm. But as he said, it was many two dozen people chanting. Not to say damage isn't being done. It is. But when the messaging is just not within your control, your actions mean little.

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

Fieldy409

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 18, 2020
Country
Australia
... I'm confused, isn't that the mindset that a majority of Americans feel minorities should adopt? Stand there and take it?
"You think men like Thomas Wayne ever think what it's like to be somebody like me? To be somebody but themselves? They don't! They think that we'll just sit there and take it like good little boys! That we won't werewolf and go wild!"

Joker 2019

Sorry, Watching this whole things really been making me think of that movie so I thought I'd jam in a quote.

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
"You think men like Thomas Wayne ever think what it's like to be somebody like me? To be somebody but themselves? They don't! They think that we'll just sit there and take it like good little boys! That we won't werewolf and go wild!"

Joker 2019

Sorry, Watching this whole things really been making me think of that movie so I thought I'd jam in a quote.
We are all the Joker now.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Forgive the attempts of Gallows Humor. That wasn't directed to you at all, but just an opening that I couldn't resist. My apologies.

But in a serious manner, protests have quickly shown not to matter if certain people do it. Blacks are chief among those groups. In fact, Black Lives Matter was co-opted by many to paint blacks in an anti-government, anti-police manner. Your protests mean nothing if you can't control the message, like Blacks can not.

Tippy here is somewhat proof of that. The alarm of the riot coming down, close to where he is sent alarm. But as he said, it was many two dozen people chanting. Not to say damage isn't being done. It is. But when the messaging is just not within your control, your actions mean little.
I think the protests have to keep going if you want to push change. It's about keeping the protests going.

Fieldy409

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 18, 2020
Country
Australia
Content Dump!

This first video, its a real treasure. I wouldn't be surprised if youtube takes it down soon so download it if you can. It shows the fires in all their terrifying glory and its got a besieged police station, a random car show with a bunch of fancy cars parked in the middle of the street plus spur of the moment interviews with heaps of people half of which are drunk people that remind me of a music festival more than making me think of a terrifying riot.

Havent watched this video above yet but apparently it contains them storming the police station according to the comments.

Last edited:
Reactions: lil devils x

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
This is the way that a certain amount of Americans want to handle issues when they pertain to Blacks. Keep it quiet so they can ignore it, and then full judgment mode if they can not any more. There's no banding together as fellow Americans to solve. It's just telling them to keep in the place.

If respect, representation, and Laws only apply against you, and not in favor of you... are you really going to want to follow that reign? Especially when the majority of the populace have power to do something about it, and then deem you not worth the effort?
I'm sure that is how a certain amount of Americans want to handle everything, not their problem and they wish they didn't have to hear about it. But among people who care about the problems of others, this event has a pretty unanimous perspective. Like, I'm a conservative with a commute. Shapiro was on the radio yesterday afternoon and asks a guest their opinion of everything going on. And the guest, who I hear on conservative talk radio in rural Pennsylvania, responds he doesn't have time yet to care about anyone's response because he watched a man brutally killed by police on camera and isn't going to move past that right away to worry about the response. Not everyone everywhere is going to band together on anything, but some people from everywhere can band together on this. That cop should be convicted

I hope the people protesting do want to "follow that reign". That's the goal of an inclusive society, is it not? To include people in society? I'm sure you know, I'm a pretty big fan of society. People protesting their exclusion from the things that I love gets only respect and support from me. I hope that's what people protesting want. I don't believe the people protesting because they want reprieve from arbitrary violence committed against them are big fans of arbitrary violence done as response.

I also don't think it's reasonable to suggest that the majority of the populace have the power to do something about it, like you could just be rid of racism and prejudice if people wanted to. People want to be rid of all sorts of bad things: crimes and hatreds that are as old as human history, racism included. Doing something meaningful about that is a high ambition and an endless frustrating struggle. Like medicine to fight disease or police to investigate crime, we don't want bad things to happen, but you never win for good. If you count every incident of racism as a systemic problem rather than slipping through the efforts to stop them, and decide to throw away the system, more people will be hurt, not fewer.

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Luckily they finally charged the Officer with Murder in the 3rd Degree and Manslaughter:

The DA finally said they could add more charges later. AT least he didn't putting his foot in his mouth like he did yesterday.
When I heard what the DA said yesterday, I looked over at my S.O. and told him " That was stupid, he was supposed to try and calm this situation, I guarantee more is going to burn" and yes.. Riots got so much worse.

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Leave it up to Trump to say something stupid.

"The president, after a police precinct in Minneapolis was torched by protesters, had written on Twitter that he was willing to send the National Guard to deal with the chaos, and that “when the looting starts, the shooting starts.”

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/co...-looting-starts-shooting-starts-come-n1217676

09philj

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 31, 2015
Apparently the officer has been charged with Third Degree murder. Third Degree murder is an offence in Minnesota which covers unlawful killings committed by individuals who did not intend to cause death but were nonetheless performing an act eminently dangerous to others, without regard to human life. It carries a maximum sentence of 25 years of imprisonment in Minnesota.

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
So you're saying they won't accept anything other than their actual demands?

Seems like another night of riots and classes ahead then.
City is handling this so stupidly, you can just arrest them all and press the highest charges then reduce later, we know this shit because IT IS WHAT YOU DO TO THE REST OF US!

MrCalavera

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2020
Country
Poland
Rather than raid the police station, raid the officer's house instead?
Cause these protests aren't about a single bad cop, or a single black victim. I mean yes, Floyd's death is what sparked those, but protesters seem to be clear about the bigger picture of racism in american police force. Hence why police station was targeted, as a symbol, and because people working there are to a degree complicit with people like Chauvin remaining on the force.

(Also, attacking his private home could endanger family who's only crime is being related to a killer cop. So from my POV torching down police property is a better option.)

Status
Not open for further replies.