Funny events in anti-woke world

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
Yes, cause the woke is shit.

It's the mentality that gave us black nazis in the Alex Rider TV show.......... no really some-one thought it was a good idea to diversify characters who are literal Nazis..........

It's the mentality that gave us the cringeworth "girls get it done" scene in Endgame. Or will do an episode of a well known and loved Sci-Fi show about the spread of microplastics, then endorse long haul flight holidays during it.

Woke is shit because it creates awful bits of writing like that because it's not thought through it's just done to look good and anyone with half a working brain looks at it and goes "That shit is fucking dumb and nonsensical and comes off as more racist / sexist"
Frank Miller's The Spirit had Samuel L. Jackson dressed as a Nazi. No one with a rational mind would call that film or the man who directed it woke.

I don't know why the "girls get it done" scene caused such an uproar when we earlier had a fight sequence in which three men, only one of whom had any personal reason to be there, faced off against Thanos.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Frank Miller's The Spirit had Samuel L. Jackson dressed as a Nazi. No one with a rational mind would call that film or the man who directed it woke.

I don't know why the "girls get it done" scene caused such an uproar when we earlier had a fight sequence in which three men, only one of whom had any personal reason to be there, faced off against Thanos.
Devil's advocate:

Thor, Cap and Tony are the leaders of the Avengers, know each other, have fought alongside many times as a team over the years and have spearheaded every battle as well as every skirmish against Thanos so far. And for all the hero shots the three of them in that scene don't really accomplish much against him. Which I don't buy but whatever.

The girls get it done scene assembles like 10 (?) different characters, most of whom are freshly resurrected from death, have never fought together and don't even know each other, solely because they're female. What an incredibly marketable coincidence.

Last edited:

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
It was a cheap attempt to stifle criticism that the MCU is just a boys club (which it is) by throwing together every named female character they had and putting them together in a shot. It shone a light on how little these women had actually interacted with eachother, and were really just there as either girlfriends for the men or as side characters. And that right after having killed off two prominent ones on the same damn sacrifice mountain.

That's not why people who cry woke hated it though, they just hate women regardless.

Last edited:

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Devil's advocate:

Thor, Cap and Tony are the leaders of the Avengers, know each other, have fought alongside many times as a team over the years and have spearheaded every battle as well as every skirmish against Thanos so far. And for all the hero shots the three of them in that scene don't really accomplish much against him. Which I don't buy but whatever.

The girls get it done scene assembles like 10 (?) different characters, most of whom are freshly resurrected from death, have never fought together and don't even know each other, solely because they're female. What an incredibly marketable coincidence.
While I can agree on most of this, the biggest problem IMO with that scene is that Nebula should have been given the job since most of the movie is about her. Everyone else, especially Captain Marvel should have been her defensive screen

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Yes, cause the woke is shit.

It's the mentality that gave us black nazis in the Alex Rider TV show.......... no really some-one thought it was a good idea to diversify characters who are literal Nazis..........

It's the mentality that gave us the cringeworth "girls get it done" scene in Endgame. Or will do an episode of a well known and loved Sci-Fi show about the spread of microplastics, then endorse long haul flight holidays during it.

Woke is shit because it creates awful bits of writing like that because it's not thought through it's just done to look good and anyone with half a working brain looks at it and goes "That shit is fucking dumb and nonsensical and comes off as more racist / sexist"
The girls get it done scrne was pretty bad in The Boys as well. Anyway...

Here is your problem. If you are a white male, you make up maybe a quarter of the population. Economically, you are unimportant, just like every other demographic. You arent being sold to anymore because companies have realised that there is no money in it

As for it being shit... I have literally pointed out many times that most companies make shit products. The ONLY difference is that it doesn't always pander to you specifically anymore

Remember how you said that it a bad idea that companies don't generalise everything, catering for every demographic only a few pages ago... YOU want this to happen to. Becuase not every movie has to be about you and NO movie is required to be liked by you.

It is okay that you dont like things. That's life
Remember a few pages ago DH was whinging about Sweet Baby....

Well, it was yet another attempt to resurrect The Event That Shall Not Be Named for its 10th anniversary by KiwiFarms. They were trying to cancel Sweet Baby and DH feel for it. Again

DH has yet to learn thar Burgers and Fries was a troll group that specifically targeted them to get into a moral outraged panic. Nor can DH see that that event, and the general acceptance of doxxing people by one side has lead to an acceptable of Cancel Culture

Note: Since Nick was fired and everyone left, is there even any mods here to enforce policies?

Reactions: Avnger and BrawlMan

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
While I can agree on most of this, the biggest problem IMO with that scene is that Nebula should have been given the job since most of the movie is about her. Everyone else, especially Captain Marvel should have been her defensive screen
Maybe, it would still feel a bit forced. It's clearly a photo op scene and nothing more. Besides they'd already sold Carol as the next big thing so they couldn't have Nebula stealing her thunder.

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Maybe, it would still feel a bit forced. It's clearly a photo op scene and nothing more. Besides they'd already sold Carol as the next big thing so they couldn't have Nebula stealing her thunder.
Yeah, they sold her as the next big thing and then didn't do a thing with her. Just to shit on Endgame some more, but why the hell wouldn't she come along on the stupid time heist? They give a stupid excuse about her needing to solve other problems in the universe, eventhough the Unsnapping mission is like the most important thing to be doing right now. They wanted a Superman character, but then were 'well, we can't have her be Superman throughout the whole movie otherwise there'd be no stakes'. 🤦‍♂️

Endgame fucking sucks, by the way.

Reactions: Johnny Novgorod

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
That last line is very true and pedestaling some for future movies to the detriment of previous ones annoys me. It is also dissonant with the Captain Marvel movie where she learns she can be a distraction so others can gain the objective instead of having Main Characteritis like she has at the start of the movie

Like imagine a set run piece where a group of fighters distracts one of the main villians so Nebula can weave her way through the choas to reach the objective, all done in one shot. It could have still been all women. Or not. Having Tony or Steve backing up Nebula would have been great

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Endgame fucking sucks, by the way.
I consider Endgame a 7/10 for me. It has it's issues, but not enough for me to be in rage at the movie.

I do hope RE5R keeps this hidden conversation. Chris said something deep, and still applies today. Betcha 5 million to 1, the anti-woke biatch brigade will cry about RE going "woke".

Last edited:

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
I consider Endgame a 7/10 for me. It has it's issues, but not enough for me to be in rage at the movie.

I do hope RE5R keeps this hidden conversation. Chris said something deep, and still applies today. Betcha 5 million to 1, the anti-woke biatch brigade will cry about RE going "woke".

I'm imagining a scenario where they keep this in but remove the boulder-punching scene.

"They turned Chris Redfield from a super giga-chad into a woke, soy cuck who needs a black woman to save him! Sweet Baby Inc strikes again!"

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States

As someone who is anti-woke on video games. I think Sweet Baby Inc. is pretty bad, but the other side wants a total war that would damage the video game ecosystem. They are going after smaller creators which I kind of view as beyond the pale.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
As someone who is anti-woke on video games. I think Sweet Baby Inc. is pretty bad, but the other side wants a total war that would damage the video game ecosystem. They are going after smaller creators which I kind of view as beyond the pale.
I am also now going to wait a few months because, after last time, the truth finally came out it what nothing like what the other side pretended.

Reactionaries are currently getting trolled really hard right now. No use in worrying about what they are saying

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Not gonna lie, I got to the second paragraph and sexual assault being a disqualify factor for president and... we had a Bill Clinton. Have we just forgotten about him?

Sure he wasn't proven in court to do have done something sexually wrong. But the Dems knew what he was like before he ever got the nomination