100 Things learnt from video games

IrirshTerrorist

Jul 25, 2009
Things I learned from video games:

1. Cardboard boxes are great for hiding/sneaking around in?. (MetalGearSolid)

2. Don't F*ck with an Echidna. (Sonic & Knuckles, etc)

3. If things walk buy in a line you must shoot them. (Every tower defense game ever... I'm a great person to have around during parades)

4. If ever in a shoot out the best way to win is to; run, jump, crouch, run, go prone, jump run; while shooting in between. (Every multiplayer online FPS since CoD1)

5. Fellow soldiers are expendable and as long as you don't kill more than four every half an hour no one will complain. (Every FPS)

6. I can flip a tank with my bare hands!!! (Halo, 2 ,3)

7. The better something looks the worse it'll be to play with. (True for all games and women)

IrirshTerrorist

Jul 25, 2009
notoriouslynx said:
1. It only takes one man to defeat an entire army.
2. Apparently, the sterotype of black people can jump high is true.
3. Ninjas don't all wear black. Some wear orange incase of pumpkin camouflaging.
4. You can drop live grenades when you die if you are wearing the right badge.
5. The cake is a lie.
6. If it exists, theres pr0n of it.
7. Jesus's server is really laggy. It took him three days to respawn.
8. A slight tap to the back will cause the person to die.
9. Its okay to kill people.
10. All crates are full of something that will feed you or pay you...
... etc. Wow, you need to start finding other places to learn, school for example, because you have played too many video games and have to much free time if you're posting that long a reply.

LeQuack_Is_Back

May 25, 2009
-tank shells will not kill infantry unless you hit them in the face (Valkyria Chronicles)

-dualwielding does not inhibit your accuracy in any noticeable way, ever

-Shotguns take 2 shots to kill, even if the barrel of the gun is touching your target (Metal Gear Online)

300lb. Samoan

Mar 25, 2009
You always run faster with a knife. (I didn't need FPS Doug to tell me!)

If it looks like wood, you can shoot thru it. If it looks like steel, you cannot. If it looks like tin, you just have to try it. (CS)

Every locked door has a button or key card located somewhere in a completely remote part of the facility that will open it. (Doom)

The people you are trying to rescue, no matter how dangerous the situation is, no matter how many times they say "OK I'll follow you", they will always have trouble following you. You can usually blame artificial intelligence for this (even when this happens in real life). (Half-life)

If a barrel is on fire, it will explode when you shoot it. Same if it's painted with red stripes. (Doom, Half-Life 2)

Only bitches talk shit. (OK so I actually learned that from Lil' Jon, but I found the song in my CS Sounds folder originally.)

Evil Tim

Apr 18, 2009
300lb. Samoan said:
To make an important distinction, you run faster with a knife in your hand. That rocket launcher on your back only weighs something if you're actually holding it.

ahiddenfigure

Hunter of Monsters
Sep 14, 2009
Plinglebob said:
If the world is ever threatened by an extra-terrestrial/dimentional being, the world will be saved by a bunch of kids with awful hair
Or, lacking said kids, a physicist who never speaks.

300lb. Samoan

Mar 25, 2009
Evil Tim said:
300lb. Samoan said:
To make an important distinction, you run faster with a knife in your hand. That rocket launcher on your back only weighs something if you're actually holding it.
Oh yea, I almost forgot!

If you intend to fight your way out of a city or moon base, don't forget to bring a back-pack big enough (and with specific slots for) a shotgun, chaingun, rocket launcher, big experimental laser-fuck-gun, plasma blaster, and two tons of ammo. As long as you have this, nothing will weigh anything.

DocLock

Jul 10, 2009
You never have to pee.

You never have to drink.
--A lot of games that have a human protagonist.

Repulsionary

Jan 21, 2009
Oh, some more that I've learned from WoW.

Never EVER assume that the people in your party know how to play their class.

Edit: But NEVER assume that the person you're dueling doesn't.

Recount does not lie. The warlock really IS doing 14 DPS.

The boss will never drop the gear that you need.

When he does, you will most definitely lose the need roll to the druid who can't even USE those chain shoulders.

When taming a boss as a pet, never assume that those around you know how taming goes. Better to be anal and get the pet than be nice and wind up having to run Sunken Temple again with one less warlock.

/2 and Barrens chat are more often than not interchangeable.

There are no such things as tanks.

Edit: You can always identify the twinks in the battlegrounds using two simple questions: is it a gnome, and is it a rogue?

GhostXIII

Sep 20, 2009
A cardboard box is possibly one of the most effective stealth devices known to man.....

Duke Flipside

Jun 22, 2009
A plasma rifle kills you just as dead as an AK47 (TimeSplitters)
Driving motorbikes is *really* dangerous (GTA4)

Iron Mal

Jun 4, 2008
1- No matter where a person stabs you (even if they just slash the air next to you) you will instantly die, this is because most people who join the military have a deadly fear of pointy objects (CoD4/WaW).

2- If you are on fire, jumping into water will not help you, the correct course of action is to apply bandages and disinfectant to your still burning wounds (AVP).

3- Despite being the Private/rookie/FNG you will always have clearance to call in support while your commanding officer sadly does not have this authority (CoD4/WaW).

4- Driving a tank seriously only takes one person, and it's like riding a bike, everyone can do it! (CoD:WaW)

5- All front line soldiers have had advanced genetic engineering since WWII that not only enables them to fight with no degredation in performance (regardless of fatigue or injury) but also means that what were once fatal wounds will seal up and heal before your eyes!

VaudevillianVeteran

No Comment Necessary.
Sep 19, 2009
No matter how bad an injury is, your health will replemish in a few seconds (Some FPS')

Don't startle anything that seems to be PMS-y, It will kill you (L4D)

Young Japanese girls with magic cameras are what you need to exorsize ghosts not the Ghostbusters or a priest (Fatal frame)