12-Year-Old Sets New Guitar Hero World Record

Sixties Spidey

Elite Member
Jan 24, 2008
[blockquote]"I never expected to break a world record on something that is kind of important,"[/blockquote]

Nice choice of words! "Kind of Important". Yeah. If Guitar Hero is considered important, Paris Hilton is a fucking genius.

Shycte

Mar 10, 2009
Diablini said:
He should get a guitar. It's what you do after you play Guitar Hero.
It is to completly diffrent things.

Guitar Hero skills =/= Guitar skills. Really.

OT: Good for him! I'll never be that good, but then again. I never play Guitar Hero so...

MR T3D

Feb 21, 2009
no Fire and flames xpert 100% was it?
then show the video.
i'd be amused until i see the kid.

Jim Grim

Jun 6, 2009
Holy... He does actually play some kind of REAL instrument, right? If not then I'm gonna be really annoyed for reasons I don't fully understand.

StarStruckStrumpets

Jan 17, 2009
Diablini said:
He should get a guitar. It's what you do after you play Guitar Hero.
It angers me when people get tabs for the damn Mario Theme just because they want to pretend they can play something. I've had many-a-rant about this in school with my friends.

OT: Good on the kid, I respect people who have skills, I just hate it when people try and slap their skills onto something completely different.

Sixties Spidey

Elite Member
Jan 24, 2008
Chipperz said:
I'm impressed that he's clearly not some little ****, going around spouting off about how great he is.
Didn't you just sum up MOST record holders? At least the kid's being humble about it. That much I actually respect.

Phyroxis

Witty Title Here
Apr 18, 2008
Ranooth said:
Why does South Park spring to mind?

"You have reached 1 million points! YOU....ARE.....FAGS!!"
and

johnman said:
Does this remind you the south park episode where they broke a million and all they got was "You are FAgs!"

Just figured I'd introduce you two.

Devilpapaya

Apr 3, 2009
Jim Grim said:
Holy... He does actually play some kind of REAL instrument, right? If not then I'm gonna be really annoyed for reasons I don't fully understand.
Because you see him getting publicity for something you see no value in.

El Poncho

Techno Hippy will eat your soul!
May 21, 2009
I read up to setting a record on something important. God dammit it's not important , it's a plastic guitar with buttons!

Chipperz

Apr 27, 2009
buy teh haloz said:
Chipperz said:
I'm impressed that he's clearly not some little ****, going around spouting off about how great he is.
Didn't you just sum up MOST record holders? At least the kid's being humble about it. That much I actually respect.
Pretty much. He's obviously worked hard to be that good, and now he's got his moment. Good for him and all that.

johnman

Oct 14, 2008
Phyroxis said:
Ranooth said:
Why does South Park spring to mind?

"You have reached 1 million points! YOU....ARE.....FAGS!!"
and

johnman said:
Does this remind you the south park episode where they broke a million and all they got was "You are FAgs!"

Just figured I'd introduce you two.
Why hi there I'm John, I take it you like south park too?

Dudeakoff

Jul 22, 2009
Everyone saying he should get a guitar, why don't you instead of playing videogames? I'm sure if you converted the hours doing that you'd be really... etc

It's just a kid doing something he enjoys, why the hate? I think it's quite amazing that a 12 year old beat a record set by a grown man (I think it was, the last time I heard about a guitar hero record it was an adult anyway)

GrinningManiac

Jun 11, 2009
It's great that he's the best, but he's the best of something utterly trivial and without meaning nor use in the real world.

If it encourages him to become a famous guitar player, then and ONLY then will it be useful.

Have you seen that douche who did Through Fire and Flames 100% and decided that he'd become a "proffesional guitar HERO player"

Bejeesus, worse than the one who actually TRIED a GUITAR. He failed, but at least he tried

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
honestly, the hate in this thread is hilarious

give the kid some kudos points, he's better than me at least, and i've topped every comp where i live

Aedes

Sep 11, 2009
What there is to say?
Congratulations! Enjoy your... what? 1 month of fame?

I'm not diminishing his accomplishment. He sure did something amazing. However, it won't really matter at the end.

randommaster

Sep 10, 2008
Chipperz said:
buy teh haloz said:
Chipperz said:
Pretty much. He's obviously worked hard to be that good, and now he's got his moment. Good for him and all that.
What are you saying?!?! He was obviously trying to summon Satan and bring ruin to us all! We must admonish him thoroughly until he stops this mad endeavor and pursues the craft of actual music! Verily!

So many are so angry about this for some reason. Like the kid said, he knows he's not the best, just the person with the best verified score. He's not even bragging about it.