$135,000 Blu-ray Player Is Expensive

Anton P. Nym

Sep 18, 2007
... and then they'll recommend Monster cables for the hookup.

Ghreat Ghalloping Ghu, what some folks will pay just to say they've got the "best" (insert gadget here) on the market. I personally would rather gold-plate a PS3 and get more functionality for a lower price.

-- Steve

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
VincentX3 said:
What a waste of money ><

Other than the rich people of course.
The rich people. Their not going to sell masses of this thing, of course, its a limited batch or even job production device.

To be frank, I don't see how it can produce a better image to anyone without telescopic eyes than a Playstation 3 or other off the shelf Blu-Ray player.

Maybe if you plan to use it to show special screenings of Blu-Ray discs and plan to project the image onto a huge screen...

Sixties Spidey

Elite Member
Jan 24, 2008
And I should use that instead of a PS3 as my Blu-Ray Player because....?

At least a PS3 has some sort of use!

JWAN

Dec 27, 2008
Its also made out of platinum and space metals. Its also powered by dark matter.

silasbufu

Aug 5, 2009
waste of money..I would use the money for something more practical ..like a ferarri :| ..yes I said practical..ok something else then :) but not this blu ray thingie

Flying-Emu

Oct 30, 2008
Bored Tomatoe said:
Who... Would buy this? I still watch fucking VHS tapes...
Until they released The Dark Crystal on DVD, I shall remain suspicious of its circular nature.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
I've done the math in my head, and I'm pretty sure that for $135k you could quite literally BUILD YOUR OWN THEATRE. Spring an extra fifty grand and you could probably hook that baby up with IMAX.

Hrm. Build my own theatre, or buy a gimped Blu-Ray player whose sole claim to fame is that it'll never skip? And it doesn't even come with its own TV? That's a toughie.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
That thing looks like it's gonna rise up and enslave humanity. I say we KILL IT!

KILL IT WITH FIRE ! ! !

Emphraim

Mar 27, 2009
Can you even tell the difference between that and a regular Blu-ray player?Hell, my family still watches regular DVDs.

I assume this is gonna be bought only by rich people especially in the middle of this recession.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
JWAN said:
Its also made out of platinum and space metals. Its also powered by dark matter.
And comes with a diamond the size of the star of India. For each customer.

darthzew

Jun 19, 2008
I'm betting the price probably has more to do with the fact that it's "special" than actual performance. They're trying to make a status symbol or something here...

Flunk

Feb 17, 2008
Maybe it's for movie theatres or something... but the resolution of Bluray is pretty low for that.