$135,000 Blu-ray Player Is Expensive

Pendragon9

Apr 26, 2009
No thank you. I'll stick to my Ps3. It doesn't cost me 135k, and I can play blu ray with it.

PsychoKez

May 21, 2009
so that or a ps3 (with all games and gadgets available + money left over and does so much more) or that rather weird looking thing i know which one i'd go for, how bout people without an IQ?

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
If the price didn't throw me the fact that it DOESN'T support BD-Live etc. I mean WTF?! if you want to make the best BD player, and yet you leave out some features. Sorry that is the stupidest thing ever.

Damien the Pigeon

Oct 23, 2008
Altorin said:
Damien the Pigeon said:
Some kid just joined the military to pay for college....

Nah, but a $135,000 Blu-Ray player is cool.

/sarcasm
the alternative you're overtly suggesting is Communism.

and that's no fun for anyone.
That was not my intention at all. People can do whatever they want with their money, and that's totally cool. I'm just saying that even if I were filthy rich, I don't think I could bring myself to spend that much money on a novelty knowing that $135,000 is more than some families make in a few years.

Ancientgamer

Jan 16, 2009
From reading the features, this thing would be very useful in the event that you desperately need too watch BRDs with the player strapped to a running jackhammer.

ThaBenMan

Mandalorian Buddha
Mar 6, 2008
Flying-Emu said:
Bored Tomatoe said:
Who... Would buy this? I still watch fucking VHS tapes...
Until they released The Dark Crystal on DVD, I shall remain suspicious of its circular nature.
The Dark Crystal is on DVD, I have it...

Anyway, this glorified blu-ray player is ridiculous. I doubt there's really any discernible difference between the play quality of this thing and any other blu-ray player - that normal consumers, ie people who aren't cinematographers, etc., could see, anyway. I would give $135,000 to a hobo before I bought this thing.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
While it looks pretty badass, there's no way I would spend that much money on something that can do the same things that a PS3 can do and less.

Fists

Apr 16, 2009
Flying-Emu said:
Bored Tomatoe said:
Who... Would buy this? I still watch fucking VHS tapes...
Until they released The Dark Crystal on DVD, I shall remain suspicious of its circular nature.
I have The Dark Crystal on DVD, in a double thing with Labyrinth.

Ghost8585

Jul 21, 2009
dalek sec said:
It looks like a rejected prop from the first Star Trek series.
Yeah I'll go with this. Or just what I wanted to say, which is that the thing is just fucking ugly. I can't help but feel that this does nothing more then satisfy people who get off on spending as much as they can on something, the more ridiculous the better.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
I would buy all 50 just so I could watch the same movie 50 times using brand new discs each time. Then again, I am a member of Colbert Platinum :)

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
Ghost8585 said:
dalek sec said:
It looks like a rejected prop from the first Star Trek series.
Yeah I'll go with this. Or just what I wanted to say, which is that the thing is just fucking ugly. I can't help but feel that this does nothing more then satisfy people who get off on spending as much as they can on something, the more ridiculous the better.
Yeah, I figure for 135k this thing better be so slick and sexy looking I'd want to take it to bed over my wife, not some bulky looking monster.

Syndef

Nov 14, 2008
Jeez, that's it?
For that price, I was hoping it would have come with a mounted minigun and a crack dispenser.