15-year old Stabs Bully 11 Times at Bus Stop, Gets Away With It

darkcalling

Sep 29, 2011
Having been a victim of bullying in the past I applaud this kid. Bullies like Nuno shouldn't be allowed to walk the streets.

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
It's one thing to defend yourself. It's another to kick someone when they are down and abusing your right to defend yourself by assaulting someone with the intent of torture or murder in your head. This 15 year-old overstepped his bounds and I don't know why he would go too far.

KaiusCormere

Mar 19, 2009
Just out of curiosity, does anyone know a bully who grew up to be a stand up guy? I have a hard time believing it could even happen. The mentality it takes to harass, abuse, and beat
those weaker than you is pretty god-damn pathological.

I don't see the life of a bully as a life with a positive net value to the planet.

On the other hand, the will to live is a pretty severe force. People will do what they have to do, all creatures will and it's a primary motivating factor in life. No law has the right to tell me to lay down and die. Instincts guide the hand, fear made him bring the knife, and the assailant happens to get the worst of it and dies.

Once the knife was out, the challenge was clear, the assaulter could back off or engage. The victim wanted to escape, but the attacker chose to engage. Once the fighting began, the stakes were life and death. If the bully took control of the knife after one stab, he would have killed the victim.

The life, the health, of the victim is worth the lives of a thousand assailants. He has the RIGHT to live in peace. The bully does not have the RIGHT to be a bully. This matters a great deal. If the context of the fight was different...then you can call him a murderer. If he wanted to kill this bully so bad, he could have arranged to find the bully in a restroom or something and taken him by surprise. No one "premeditates" a murder wherein they are chased down and assaulted. It's absolutely disgusting to me that some people seem to think that's the case.

Frankly, The bully's so-called "right to life" is of less value than the victim's "right to not be assaulted".

Jingle Fett

Sep 13, 2011
Hit him so hard he wouldn't attack him again. Like Stilson and Bonzo Madrid...

It's unfortunate this happened but in my opinion the kid had every right to defend himself. There's no reason why the kid should allow himself to be harassed and injured. Furthermore, there was nothing to make the bullies stop. Excessive? You could say it's debatable and we'd have to see the fight for ourselves...but it doesn't change the fact he was still acting in self defense (as in he didn't start the attack).

The Lea

Oct 11, 2008
To anyone that was bullied as a kid (Or still is), this is pretty understandable. I mean, bullies ruin lives, gives permanent mental scars etc. It's a good thing the victims of bullies start standing up for themselves. Now murder may or may not be the best way to go about things, but can't we all agree that we understand why he did it? If a dog gets cornered, he will attack, this instinct is also present in humans, even though it takes more advanced pathways through the brain.

If the media reports enough of these stories, the dickheads that go around stealing lunchmoney might think twice before robbing little timmy on the next break.

Rpground

Aug 9, 2009
im going to come out and say that i feel the bully got what he deserved kinda, 11 stabbings is a bit much but its not like he wasnt asking for it either. bullying in itself should be a crime yet it isnt. ive been threw alot as well when i was a kid. was chased by a bully myself with a golf club once. and almost got stabbed by one,and that one that tried too stab me for face full of machete.he didnt die,but sure as hell left me alone. was almost thrown down some stairs by a bully,broke her arm for that (its a fair fight seeing she was 4 years older then me at the time). besides at some point if he didnt do something too the bully the bully was going to do something like this to his victim. cause its all happened before all too sadly...

Mick Myers

Nov 16, 2011
Blablahb said:
Not self defense, as I doubt the guy was still standing and an active threat somewhere halfway. Neither do I subscribe to the silly American logic that you can just kill anyone who gets in your way. Besides, he brought along a knife with the explicit and only motive of committing murder upon that bully. It was pre-meditated.

But at the same time, some bullies do so much to their victims that psychologically, there is no way out except violence. Think of cases where a very abusive husband is killed by his wife because it was her only way out.
Judging by the amount of violence, gang-form and public accouncement the bullies made, this is a case where a gang of bullies goes very very far.

This is a typical case where you need a verdict of not guilty to manslaughter by reason of psychological trauma, but a sort of conviction for using a weapon.

Damn, US legal systems are so strange. If this was the Netherlands he'd been received a zero punishment verdict for manslaughter, and a conviction for illegal possession of a weapon. That would likely be a few dozen hours of community service, or a suspended prison sentence.
Gonna have to point out that no, it was NOT pre-meditated. He got off the bus BEFORE his normal stop, he tried to avoid it, he was walking away, leaving, before being assaulted. See, here in the real world, you are allowed to defend yourself. I will admit 11 stabs was a bit excessive, there's no arguing that point, but, it was also very well justified.

He could be charged with concealing a weapon on school property, if the family was smart enough, but then the guy that brought the knife could counter-sue for mental & physical trauma, along with assault charges.

It's a whole screwy system, but in the long run, it WAS self defense, and I believe they made the right decision here.

Captain Pancake

May 20, 2009
11 times may sound extreme but if you're cornered or in a situation where adrenaline takes over, then you won't be able to exercise the control to stab only once (or the 'necessary' amount of times) - like stomping a bug repeatedly even though you realise after the first couple of times it was probably dead.

TotalerKrieger

Nov 12, 2011
The kid had gone out of his way to avoid a physical conflict (something he shoudln't have been forced to do in the first place) and subsequently suffered physical assault. IMO, he was completely justified in his actions. Why should he be penalized for carrying a knife? He felt his life/physical well-being was threatened (was in reasonable expectation IMO), and took appropriate steps to protect himself (police and school administration seem to be unable/unwilling to help until after the fact).

As for stabbing him 11 times, I say he was justified as well. The kid is not a medical doctor, he doesn't know whether 1-2 knife blows is enough to incapacitate his attacker or will simply ensure that the bullies overwhelm and kill him. Stabbing him repeatedly ensures the threat is snuffed out and any of his friends are thourougly intimidated.

I am usually not a fan of the US justice system, but in this case I give the thumbs up to the judge. She has enforced a citizen's right to self-defense, something which seems to have been largely destroyed over the past several decades. It is little wonder why teen suicide and school shootings are on the rise when the bullies have no real repercussions for their crimes.

It is very sad for the family of the deceased, but frankly they are blinded by greif and family loyalty.

mandaforever

Feb 16, 2011
Ironic Pirate said:
Blablahb said:
Neither do I subscribe to the silly American logic that you can just kill anyone who gets in your way.

Way to stereotype an entire country based on one person's actions...because clearly we all believe that.

Also, I think killing is wrong (and I'm American, SAY WHAT?) although, it is extremely difficult if not impossible to sympathize with this bully. I say, it happened, bullies should learn from this and so should schools, and not try to change what's already happened because it's in the past.

Wilfy

Oct 4, 2008
Yeah, the bully probably deserved to have the crap out of him, but surely stabbing him 11 times is a bit much? I mean, I would have thought the first stab is self defence, because I don't think many bullies would keep going after being stabbed once. But the other ten stabs? That sounds like the guy snapped and killed him. He should have got some time at least.

Thyunda

May 4, 2009
Wilfy said:
Yeah, the bully probably deserved to have the crap out of him, but surely stabbing him 11 times is a bit much? I mean, I would have thought the first stab is self defence, because I don't think many bullies would keep going after being stabbed once. But the other ten stabs? That sounds like the guy snapped and killed him. He should have got some time at least.
Nah, man, look. Stab your bully once, and he's no longer fighting to hurt you, he's fighting to survive. Adrenaline kicks in on both sides. The kid keeps stabbing until the bully stops moving. Even though the first five stabs might have been fatal, people don't just die outright. It's a total myth - stab somebody in the chest, they start bleeding. Sometimes people can fight on, before collapsing and dying. Sometimes they'll fall to the ground and slowly die there.
In this case, we have a tiny blade. I bet you the bully didn't fall until the eleventh stab, and that's why he stopped at eleven.

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
Vegosiux said:
TestECull said:
IF you're dead-serious about just wussing out, then all I have to say to you is: Grow a pair. There's a time and a place for standing your ground, and when you're cornered by a bully that's a pretty good time and place for it.
As I said. "Considering I was a kid those days..." I'm about 17 years older now, and I don't need some pretentious dude on the internet to tell me what to do with my balls.

But I'm sure you're going to be a wonderful father to your 12 old kid who gets bullied and you tell him to "grow a pair" instead of actually listening to him.

You disgust me, good sir. I am reporting you and welcoming you to my ignore list.

I can stand my ground well enough, thank you very much.
way to over react to a comment

Zorg Machine

Jul 28, 2008
I think that it was good that he stepped up to his bully but...12 times? holy shit. That is way past self defense.

The kid is a murderer. He didn't try to scare the bully away, he didn't try to wound the bully and run away. He didn't call the cops or parents from the bus (apparently he had reason to believe that he would die so if he or anybody else on the bus had a cell phone he should have) instead he stabbed a boy a dozen times in the chest, and twice in the heart.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Vegosiux said:
And here I thought this was happening in Italy (in which case my reaction would be 'Meh, southern Italy...'). Seriously, Americans, can't you think of your own names for cities!?

And no, stabbing someone 11 times is not self defense. Unless he was still being a direct threat after being stabbed 10 times. Which I find highly unlikely...
'

EDIT: Ah crap sorry didn't see the second part of your comment, just saw you being quoted by someone else, sorry.

Nielas

Dec 5, 2011
Wilfy said:
That really depends on how he was stabbing. It does not take long to stab someone 11 times if you close up.

The kid was being chased, probably still dizzy from the hit on the head and afraid for his life. There is a good chance that he just started stabbing real fast and it took him only seconds to inflict all the damage. The bully probably did not even realize that he was being stabbed until he was wounded a few times.