16 year old gets playstation taken away, Kills mom with claw hammer (chair leg?)

DanielDeFig

Oct 22, 2009
Clearly he had other problems. I suppose what irritates us is that people bring up the Playstation as a motive for murder, i highly doubt it was the ACTUAL motive. Admittedly it seems to have been the final spark that made him snap, but we all know that it's a big difference between what makes a person snap and the reasons for them being ready to snap.

MGlBlaze

Oct 28, 2009
Tharwen said:
Wow. I feel both enraged at and sorry for him at the same time.
I don't feel sorry for him. He deserves whatever punishment the law decides upon for his complete disregard for human life - let alone the life of his mother over something as petty as having his PlayStation confiscated.

emion

Feb 3, 2011
didnt really read it at first so though it was another bullsh*t story about xbox being better the playstation... so that was why he killed her o_O
Im neutral just sick of hearing this 360 vs ps3 arguments -.-

d@mn sad and f*cked up story though Q.Q yet another case politicians can point there fingers at when they want games banned again >.<

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
Right now I am just laughing at all people who are saying "He should have been beaten as a kid!"
Because obviously beating a person who obviously has some psychological problems is going to solve it. Why do people assume that beating kids can solve everything. Pretty much everybody nowadays isn't beaten, it's only the small minority that cause problems.

Also the kid obviously didn't love his mum if he could kill her with a chair leg, then try to cremate her. That statement doesn't make sense...

MrShowerHead

Jun 28, 2010
News like this really makes me want to quit using the Internet. I don't want to hear stuff like this.....

Seriously, that kid just fucked up his life

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
why the fuck does everyone feel bad for the kid, feel bad for the mother, she was still alive whilst he was trying to fucking cremate her in the oven.

and she got all this whilst trying to discipline her child without it being illegal.

i hope that kid gets ass raped in prison every day for the rest of his good for nothing life, little ****.

LadyMint

Apr 22, 2010
Something was wrong with this kid well before his mother took his Playstation away. I hope they do a full psychoanalysis on him and find out what his mental problem is. He's calculated enough to wait for her to fall asleep, tries to kill her once, tries to burn her remains, then finishes the job by beating her to death... But then later comes to his senses and feels regret. Wow.

Harbinger_

Jan 8, 2009
Eri said:
Kotaku said:
16-Year-Old Confesses To Killing Mom Over PlayStationPhiladelphia teenager Kendall Anderson confessed in court to murdering his sleeping mother after she confiscated his PlayStation. And if you don't like crime-related video games stories with terrible, sickening endings, don't go any further. This one is perhaps the worst.

Anderson's confession, read in court by Philadelphia police homicide detective Thorsten Lucke, admits to attacking his mother, Rashida, with a claw hammer, attempting to cremate her in the kitchen oven and ultimately beating her to death with a chair leg. He reported her missing to police the next day, then confessed to Philadelphia police.

Kendall Anderson added to his confession: "If I could, I would not do it again. I really miss my mom . . . she was the only person who cared for me," reports Philadelphia's Inquirer.
http://kotaku.com/#!5761288/16+year+old-confesses-to-killing-mom-over-playstation

Stupid, stupid kids...
You'd think they'd do psychiatric assessments on kids like this.

Nannernade

May 18, 2009
Like video game attackers didn't need more ammo to throw at us.

Plus if I had the choice I wouldn't have done it again? Good luck with time travel mate.

Spy_Guy

Mar 16, 2010
Holy shit... O.O

I mean... just...
I mean... really...
How? Why? What the fu...

Yesterday I lived in a reasonably happy world.

jack583

Oct 26, 2010
emeraldrafael said:
Hunh... I could make a Philly joke (being from Pittsburgh), but it seems in extremely bad taste.

So I'll say this. I can wonder what went through his head when he htought about this. Also, this is why we need to hit our kids. If they dont fespect (fear-respect) you, this is what happens.
exactly.
though we shouldn't beat them to the point where they become cowards that die after three days of being on their own.
gotta have a just system, in order for it to work right.

and besides, killers kill.
it's what they do.
if the playstation was never taken away, or if he never had one at all, he probably would have killed (most likely a different person and when he was older) for a different reason.

i tried to kill a guy when i was in 3rd grade.
but i didn't have a video game system at the time.