16 year old gets playstation taken away, Kills mom with claw hammer (chair leg?)

stabnex

Jun 30, 2009
Generic Gamer said:
stabnex said:
2) Gamers are introverted, gentle people with a fixation on the fantastical and outlandish.
I would disagree with this frankly, just poke around this forum and any other gaming one and you'll see that gamers tend to be passive, not gentle. I.e. a lot of people on gaming sites wish they could 'get even' with the World but they know they aren't equipped to do it.
You may have a point, but I didn't want to say that because I've always associated passiveness with cowardice. No real gamer has ever had the balls to grab his Limited Edition Sephiroth Masamune Replica and slit up the prick who picked on them at school.

Mikkaddo

Black Rose Knight
Jan 19, 2008
Eri said:
Kotaku said:
16-Year-Old Confesses To Killing Mom Over PlayStationPhiladelphia teenager Kendall Anderson confessed in court to murdering his sleeping mother after she confiscated his PlayStation. And if you don't like crime-related video games stories with terrible, sickening endings, don't go any further. This one is perhaps the worst.

Anderson's confession, read in court by Philadelphia police homicide detective Thorsten Lucke, admits to attacking his mother, Rashida, with a claw hammer, attempting to cremate her in the kitchen oven and ultimately beating her to death with a chair leg. He reported her missing to police the next day, then confessed to Philadelphia police.

Kendall Anderson added to his confession: "If I could, I would not do it again. I really miss my mom . . . she was the only person who cared for me," reports Philadelphia's Inquirer.
http://kotaku.com/#!5761288/16+year+old-confesses-to-killing-mom-over-playstation

Stupid, stupid kids...
what . . . I . . . wow . . . I'm honestly shocked. You know, my parents once threatened to sell off all my consoles, not confiscate . . . sell . . . all this chick did was take it away for a while. However I tell you what, if they had I'd have scrapped their precious motorcycles not KILLED them . . .

smithy1234

Dec 12, 2008
That's... wow... That's a really fucked up story. I don't blame the game obviously, the majority of this problem lies with the child and the child's warped mental state. Terribly unfortunate however.

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
Jesus.

Over a PS3? The dude obviously had something wrong with him, but it's no excuse to ignore the fact he killed his own Mum, his poor family have lost her and now him (jail, probaly never talk to him again - I know I wouldn't)

MrGalactus

Elite Member
Sep 18, 2010
The same thing would happen if you took away a smack addicts fix. Don't let people you know become addicted to anything, games included.

Withall

Jan 9, 2010
Well... dumbass kid commits matricide, now is alone. World: let this be a lesson: TALK WITH YOUR KIDS!

DazZ.

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2009
ravensheart18 said:
Self clean setting on electric ovens will turn just about anything to ash. (500+ C for 2-4 hrs).
Impressive. I want one to play with.

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
MGlBlaze said:
Tharwen said:
Wow. I feel both enraged at and sorry for him at the same time.
I don't feel sorry for him. He deserves whatever punishment the law decides upon for his complete disregard for human life - let alone the life of his mother over something as petty as having his PlayStation confiscated.
Anything can be escalated to violence. I'm willing to bet that the 'reasoning' behind what he did wasn't 'she took my PS3', since by that point the argument that they had had become so much more.

standokan

May 28, 2009
So he..with a..and then he... he tried cremate her?..and then he..with a chair leg...that's just horrible.

Oly J

Nov 9, 2009
oh for FUCKS SAKE!!! more ammo for the right-wing press to take out of context, it doesn't take much for a child to act out, this isn't the first time and won't be the last, it's horrible but unfortunately this kind of shit happens,this kid's actions were as inevitable as the right-wing side of america trying to blame videogames for this, with the supreme court decision coming up in june this makes me slightly nervous

Hashime

Jan 13, 2010
Not to be grim, but he will probably kill himself in prison. Killing one's mother does bad things to the mind.

Winterfel

Feb 9, 2011
The saddest thing about this is that he actually went around pondering IF he should kill her first without comming to any kind of sane conclusion.