The Escapist Presents: MovieBob Reviews Wolverine Trailer

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
MovieBob Reviews Wolverine Trailer

Let's watch the Wolverine trailer with everyone's favorite movie critic, MovieBob.

Watch Video

sheic99

Oct 15, 2008
And to think, they're giving her, her own movie. That's going to be interesting.

LordSnakeEyes

Mar 9, 2009
I so have to agree with the "Rich characters vs Eye-Candy part of the review"

Rich Characters to think about: Vulcan & Havok (o wait... nevermind... they killed Cyclops... Morons...), Legion (Am I the only one hoping they take him and include his canon charming personalities?) and of course, Apocalypse.

P.S. I suggest (if they ever read one of my multiple posts throughout the net) that they declare the 3rd Non-Cannon and remake it while scratching out the Dark Pheonix Saga (or making it the actual focus of the movie in which case they would have to... o I don't know... *Not* screw it up).

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
sorry user name taken. said:
Doug said:
"This rack, this outfit" - Bwhahahaahahahaah, so true!
sadly not going to happen lol XD
Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Why do they get our hopes up only to cruelly dash them! ;)

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
I agree with everything, actually. I just wish they would FINALLY give a real villain. Okay, I get it, Magneto is cool, BUT COME ON!

Apocalypse, Genesis, Sinister, Nimrod... Stop making films about Magneto. Ever if he is a Pole, I don't want to see his face all the freakin' time.*

*I have nothing against the actor, but I don't think there was a series where in every episode there was ONE and the SAME enemy.

pantsoffdanceoff

Jun 14, 2008
I'll be honest I really liked how he inserted the background for some of the characters who sadly weren't introduced to X-Men comics in their childhood. But when will we see Dr. Strange? That guy was sick.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Random argument man said:
Abedeus said:
but I don't think there was a series where in every episode there was ONE and the SAME enemy.
The Megaman X series had Sigma all the time....
Okay, but I'm talking about new movies/games.

:[

Kayevcee

Mar 5, 2008
Patrick_and_the_ricks said:
Abedeus said:
but I don't think there was a series where in every episode there was ONE and the SAME enemy.
Don't forget, "I have to stop metal gear"
Is now a bad time to mention that four of the five Superman movies have featured Lex Luthor as the villain (even in Superman II he neatly cocked things up for the goodies), and the fifth (Supes III) just had a Lex Luthor knockoff? I think ol' Kal suffers from the same problem as the X-men - what a mate of mine likes to call "lunchbox continuity". The public image of a superhero is dictated by who they appear fighting on promotional lunchboxes and school bags. Spider-man fights the either Doctor Octopus or the Green Goblin. The X-men fight Magneto. Superman/Lex Luthor, Optimus Prime/Megatron, Sonic/Robotnik etc.

With this film, Wolverine fights Sabertooth and the dudes he used to work for. Not counting comics, just going by animated and live-action media, I make this the fifth time this storyline has been done in the last ten years. Suddenly Lex Luthor doesn't look quite so tired.

-Nick

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Abedeus said:
"Its that time again, Missster Freeman"

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
sneak_copter said:
Doug said:
Abedeus said:
"Its that time again, Missster Freeman"
Ah, we don't know he's particularly a bad guy.
True, but I'd pay to see G-man vs ;) I doubt they'll make a Half life movie ever, or rather, not a good one.

Littaly

Jun 26, 2008
Not a huge comic book fan (aside from Watchmen), I've never actually read an X-men comic or even watched an episode of the animated series. But there's one thing I understand... THAT rack, THAT outfit... YES PLEASE!

TwistedEllipses

Nov 18, 2008
Good in depth trailer analysis. I spotted some of them, but not all of them myself...I smell another spidermen 3 'too many crooks spoil the broth' type situation...

EDIT: come to think of X-men 3 to inject more characters in minor roles in a ham-fisted manner...